[Q] Getting warranty back

Search This thread

lddangsta

May 11, 2013
Hi everyone, :eek:

A year ago I unlocked bootloader, rooted my phone and flashed a custom ROM. Is it possible to get my warranty back if I unroot it, lock the bootloader and flash a stock ROM? :confused:

Any help is appreciated!
Thank you guys. :eek:

kvestas

Dec 17, 2012
Hi everyone, :eek:

A year ago I unlocked bootloader, rooted my phone and flashed a custom ROM. Is it possible to get my warranty back if I unroot it, lock the bootloader and flash a stock ROM? :confused:

Any help is appreciated!
Thank you guys. :eek:

Are you sure it is still on warranty? If you have rooted the device year ago then most likely the warranty period is already over.
In case you still have warranty proof you may take a risk to flash everything back to stock and bring to a service. If it will appear as hardware problem the case might be accepted as warranty (I've seen some posts telling this). And of course this might depend on the particular service center policies.

lddangsta

May 11, 2013
Are you sure it is still on warranty? If you have rooted the device year ago then most likely the warranty period is already over.
In case you still have warranty proof you may take a risk to flash everything back to stock and bring to a service. If it will appear as hardware problem the case might be accepted as warranty (I've seen some posts telling this). And of course this might depend on the particular service center policies.
Yes it is still on warranty and it is probably a hardware problem.

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
Tbh I have no idea, I imagine if you can relock it and unroot it and install the original RUU it might be fine. The one thing that would concern me is if the HTC boot screen still had the red writing on it...