[All Carriers]Touch Wiz Themeing Questions

Search This thread

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Okay, I have a question. I havent themed Touchwiz since the OG Epic, and I imagine ICS is a little different. Where is the image located for the statusbar? I want to change the actual statusbar image. I know with the og epic, there were two locations that you had to edit, but not sure with the S3.

shane6374

Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
Okay, I have a question. I havent themed Touchwiz since the OG Epic, and I imagine ICS is a little different. Where is the image located for the statusbar? I want to change the actual statusbar image. I know with the og epic, there were two locations that you had to edit, but not sure with the S3.
It's called from xml, not an image. It's in the twstatus_bar.xml and redirects to the drawables.xml where it calls out the #ff000000 hex code. You can either change the color there, or in either place change it to @drawable/statusbar_bg then make an image with the same name an put it in the drawable-xhdpi folder.

Moh_Jay

Sep 14, 2010
May I ask what programs you guys use to edit the color of pngs?

"All this knowledge is giving me a raging brainer!"

Moh_Jay

Sep 14, 2010
Ya I use gimp just wondering

"All this knowledge is giving me a raging brainer!"

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
#F2000000 would be very close.

Think I might have found the location of the carrier id label for those that have it on the status bar.

tw_status_bar.xml
Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CarrierLabel android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/carrierLabel" android:background="#ff000000" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:paddingRight="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

any idea what i could change this to to get rid of it?
edit: i added android:visibility="gone" and it's still there. decompiled tweaked version and my changes are intact. had a good compile, too. going to try one more thing..
okay, what appears to be happening is as soon as you do a pulldown, the carrier string shows up and sticks in the bar again so there must be another place it's being called in. going to do some more digging and see what i can find.

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
it's showing up in smali as well, as CarrierLabel.smali and CarrierLabel$1.smali
any idea what to do here?

Attachments

• carrierlabelsmali.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 4

shane6374

Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
it's showing up in smali as well, as CarrierLabel.smali and CarrierLabel$1.smali
any idea what to do here?

I can look at this later when I get home. Plus doing this blind since we don't have the carrier label in the status bar on the Sprint version. I'm guessing this is only on the GSM phones since your phones like to tell you who's network your on.

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I can look at this later when I get home. Plus doing this blind since we don't have the carrier label in the status bar on the Sprint version. I'm guessing this is only on the GSM phones since your phones like to tell you who's network your on.

yeah, i'm not at home either. if i were i'd just grab up a Rogers or Sprint dump and decompile their SystemUI and see what's different. i'm guessing they don't even have a carrierlabel smali, though.
i appreciate your help, Shane.

Bizdady

Jul 24, 2010

LOL its bad enough Sprint tells us on the notification pull down but at least they took off the Lockscreen carrier :)

sofreshjive

Dec 22, 2010
LCD Density

Hi, I had changed my LCD Density from 320 to 300 and noticed only one bug. The drag down of the status bar is no longer centered. Was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it? Here is an attached picture:

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
any idea what i could change this to to get rid of it?
edit: i added android:visibility="gone" and it's still there. decompiled tweaked version and my changes are intact. had a good compile, too. going to try one more thing..
okay, what appears to be happening is as soon as you do a pulldown, the carrier string shows up and sticks in the bar again so there must be another place it's being called in. going to do some more digging and see what i can find.

Check the tw_tracking xml in res/layout, I noticed if I remove the Carrier label section from that xml then the Carrier label does not display.

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Check the tw_tracking xml in res/layout, I noticed if I remove the Carrier label section from that xml then the Carrier label does not display.

yes correct. but if you pull the statusbar down, it appears again on your statusbar, right?
edit: if someone could post a stock SystemUI.apk that is deodexed from either a Sprint or Rogers dump, i would greatly appreciate it :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the carriers were split up and the most posts in the original thread came from the AT&T themers, I think we should make that the main thread.
    [All Carriers]Touch Wiz Themeing Questions
    Please post in the thread linked above so we can keep all the info in one thread.

Thanks,
    Shane

Since themeing Samsung's TouchWiz UI is not quite as simple as AOSP, and sometimes even device specific, I thought it would be nice to have thread for the themers here to help each other, post tips and things like that so we can all learn and get some killer themes going on this thing.

Also, (if this gets becomes a sticky) we can keep the themeing question threads to a minimum.

For those of you that don't know me, I've been themeing Android for about a year and a half now. I started on the Epic 4G then moved over to the Nexus S 4G. I'm always willing to help others at time permits.

Happy Themeing!

Since the US carriers were combined into one forum, please note the carrier for you device when posting.

When people are helping you make sure you use the "Thanks" button to show your appreciation!

Here are some goodies that have been posted so far.

Remove Carrier ID from status bar on AT&T rom: Thanks to mrvirginia & deserted1 Here

Guide to remove Carrier ID / Clock from the status bar by deserted1

How to center the clock by Swiftks

Some more status bar mods thanks to freeza

There are many other tips, hints, how to's, and tools in the thread so please search to help keep the thread clean.
    I found this to work better for making it dissapear,
    Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CarrierLabel android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/carrierLabel" android:background="#ff000000" android:paddingLeft="0.0dip" android:paddingRight="0.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />

notice how i changed its width and height, to 0.0dip.. this removes it.

if i remember correctly you have to find both lines one in statusbar and the other in status extended, the statusbar file is just the lockscreen statusbar from what i have found.

I did this and it works

well, if you read back, i added android:visibility="gone" to this line and that made it disappear. but as soon as you extended the status bar, it came back. as far as i can tell, CarrierLabel is only showing up in one xml file other than ids and public iirc. i'll check the expanded really quick...
    edit: yep, not sure how i missed tw_status_bar_expanded... i'll make edits to both and see how that goes.
    edit: 0.0dip put in both worked! it is gone. finally. jeez. i'll post a stock deodexed ATT apk for those that may want it here in a second.
    How do I edit the status bar from being black? I want to make it Grey.
    values/drawables.xml edit
    Code:
    <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_background">#[COLOR="Red"]ff000000[/COLOR]</item>
    change Clock and Date, lockscreen

Hey, sorry if this was touched on, but I did read the whole thread and then ran a search.

I'm wondering how I might change the text of the Lockscreen, specifically the clock and date. I want to remove the outline from clock, change the color of date, and remove the drop shadow of all of the text.

In addition, is there a way to use custom icons on the lock screen?

I love the ripple lock, but its lack of customization options stinks.
    well, i know that the clock are just images in framework-res in the drawable-xhdpi folder. Shane is prob right in regards to the date in layout.xml of that same file.

give me a second and i'll find the date colors. i found where they're called in but there wasn't any type of identifier for the text color :confused:
    edit: alright, it took a lot of hunting around to figure this out haha looks like Shane was correct after all.
    res\layout-sw360dp\keyguard_circlelock_clockwidget.xml
    change (line 21)
    <TextView android:textSize="20.0dip" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#fff6f7c9" android:gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/zzz_date_month" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="24.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="2.0dip" android:shadowColor="#aa000000" android:shadowDy="2.0" android:shadowRadius="1.0" />

also, the AM/PM color, i think that is line 18 of this same file as android:textColor="#fff8f8f8"
    edit: and the shadow can be found with this AM/PM line for it, respectively. for this one, you'll need to change shadowDx and shadowDy, as well as radius to 0.0. that'll get rid of shadows

edit: this post has been updated with the correct file location for making these changes. it does work now
    I've got one question. I'm trying to look for the files to edit the TouchWiz launchers page indicator icons/colors. Basically, those little circles right above the icons for the dock. In MIUI, I use to change them to X's or basically other images. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction of this?
    They are in the SecLauncher2.apk => res\drawable-xhdpi => 'pageindicator' pngs. ;)