[INFO] New Android version 4.4 KitKat

Search This thread

tickmaster

Dec 1, 2007
Bukovany
Yes, you can look on it that way. but beware do not install any custom rom for i8190. not even Maclaws CM10.1 Those are for I8190 not for SM-G730.

dylan07

Aug 23, 2009
Sacramento

Knorpe

Apr 26, 2013
Not very probable...

I don't think we're getting it official, but maybe we get cyanogem mod 10.4 or another rom with 4.4...?:good::good:

travisnj

Oct 27, 2010
any news? I'm sure waiting on Cyanogenmod!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app

D

Deleted member 4229497

any news? I'm sure waiting on Cyanogenmod!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using xda app-developers app

:) NEEEEEWS

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...upgrade-plans-for-its-smartphones-and-tablets

Devices set to receive the update are the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S3 Mini, Galaxy Mega, Galaxy Light, Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Tab 3, Galaxy Note 10.1 and the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014).

Reactions: fastfix2013

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
:) NEEEEEWS

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...upgrade-plans-for-its-smartphones-and-tablets

Devices set to receive the update are the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy S4 Active, Galaxy S4 Zoom, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S3 Mini, Galaxy Mega, Galaxy Light, Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Tab 3, Galaxy Note 10.1 and the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014).

Does not appear to be the international (GT-I8190/N) S3 mini model or variants though, just the 4G I8730 model. :(

fastfix2013

Nov 16, 2013
I don't think we're getting it official, but maybe we get cyanogem mod 10.4 or another rom with 4.4...?:good::good:

No our device will get the official 4.4 update as stated by Samsung. Just be patient. Also when the update hits US I am sure it will be made as a flashable version for all other countries. :)

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Does not appear to be the international (GT-I8190/N) S3 mini model or variants though, just the 4G I8730 model. :(

Sorry but where does of state that only the 4g model will get it ??? It states s3 mini that's pur device. If they was giving it to just 1odel of our device it would state the model number of such device. all models of s3 mini will receive this update

Axaion

Nov 23, 2012
Hopefully this will make it even easier for the community to make stable, fast roms when we get past KitKat, and samsung dropped support again.

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
No our device will get the official 4.4 update as stated by Samsung. Just be patient. Also when the update hits US I am sure it will be made as a flashable version for all other countries. :)

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Sorry but where does of state that only the 4g model will get it ??? It states s3 mini that's pur device. If they was giving it to just 1odel of our device it would state the model number of such device. all models of s3 mini will receive this update

I had read it on the Sammobile link below, as this is a Samsung U.S. announcement they refer to the re-launched 4G variant (features a Qualcomm chip) available through AT&T and Verizon. They could be wrong of course (hopefully!) and Samsung will upgrade the S3 mini from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2 which would really be great.

http://www.sammobile.com/2014/02/18/samsung-usa-confirms-android-4-4-kitkat-update-for-multiple-devices-rollout-begins-today/

I've emailed Samsung UK to see if they provide any official confirmation, will post back once they respond.

fastfix2013

Nov 16, 2013
I had read it on the Sammobile link below, as this is a Samsung U.S. announcement they refer to the re-launched 4G variant (features a Qualcomm chip) available through AT&T and Verizon. They could be wrong of course (hopefully!) and Samsung will upgrade the S3 mini from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2 which would really be great.

http://www.sammobile.com/2014/02/18/samsung-usa-confirms-android-4-4-kitkat-update-for-multiple-devices-rollout-begins-today/

I've emailed Samsung UK to see if they provide any official confirmation, will post back once they respond.

Yes but tbh of that was the case they would have put s3 mini xxxxx variant only .

But they clearly stated galaxy s3 mini. Because there is soo many variants of the s3 mini I never clearly seen any statement saying ONLY this s3 mini varient will get the update. Normaly if they do an update and only 1 of the variants are getting updated they clearly state which varient. In the lust of devices it clearly states only S3 mini
It does not give clarification of only 1 varient so in my eyes that means ALL varients will get the update.

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Yes but tbh of that was the case they would have put s3 mini xxxxx variant only .

But they clearly stated galaxy s3 mini. Because there is soo many variants of the s3 mini I never clearly seen any statement saying ONLY this s3 mini varient will get the update. Normaly if they do an update and only 1 of the variants are getting updated they clearly state which varient. In the lust of devices it clearly states only S3 mini
It does not give clarification of only 1 varient so in my eyes that means ALL varients will get the update.

Hopefully mate, fingers crossed. :fingers-crossed:

It would definitely help to strengthen a lot of people's faith in Samsung, especially with HTC pulling the KitKat update for the One X.

fastfix2013

Nov 16, 2013
Hopefully mate, fingers crossed. :fingers-crossed:

It would definitely help to strengthen a lot of people's faith in Samsung, especially with HTC pulling the KitKat update for the One X.

Yes I read bout that. But one x is a very powerful phone and is more than capable of running kk. HTC are a joke. :) hope this kk update will arrive and I'll stick with my s3 mini. If not I'll sell and I'll move to nexus device as I also have nexus 4 and that has kk and it is a amazing device :D

E

everreadybattery

How the sammobile article is written I understand that the gt-8190 will be updated. Quoted from the article:

Nevertheless, it is a huge relief for owners of older Samsung devices such as Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and S3 mini, as they are the budget models running the older Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware.

The other s3 minis such the at&t has android 4.2 not 4.1...

gsmyth

Dec 16, 2010
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 9
Response from Samsung UK:

Regarding your query, I’ve checked with our software development team and there is currently no official UK release date for a newer firmware version for Galaxy S III mini devices.

Due to the nature of our software upgrade process, we are not able to advise a specific timeframe, blah blah blah

Just a standard reponse really but overall I dont think its looking likely, due to the chip used in the S3 mini, if it had been a Qualcomm one then it wouldn't be an issue.

eswarvf

Mar 18, 2013
Hyderabad
It will be a miracle if they bring kitkat to us and how can two completely different devices have same name
samsung is doing business [i mean pure business not a single inch of devolopment ]

for example why the hell they wont add same features to s3 from s4 and i saw some work perfectly in s3 [tested]
ill buy motorola or nexus or rather xiaomi mi3

Top Liked Posts