[Q] this is a hercules

Search This thread

cov3nant

Sep 16, 2010
I'm running into an issue. I have at&t skyrocket (i727). I am trying to flash a rom but every time to try, it aborts. There's a message that says, "This package is for sch-i727 devices; this is a hercules"

Any advice on how to proceed?

thanks in advance.

swapnilps

Apr 11, 2013
mumbai
Same Problem

I am having the same problem. Is there any solution?
I am on stock rock 4.2.1
and in settings, it is showing - samsung sgh-i727:(

ps: it is saying this package is for sgh-i727 skyrocket, yours is sghi727

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2014
Wuppertal
I am on stock rock 4.2.1

Let's see if I can help. First of all. Be sure to read Vincom's thread about how to install properly a Custom Recovery. Then, go to your custom recovery. Which most likely will be TWRP. I suggest you to Mount the USB Storage and place the CWM zip and your wanted custom rom zip with gapps into your storage. Install CWM and then reboot to recovery. It might take a little bit till CWM starts. Once you are in, delete Cache and Dalvik. Then, install the custom rom. Once you are done, you are done. Before installing gapps I'd suggest you to boot it so you make sure it's all working properly. Last time I installed at the same time (the ROM and Gapps) I saw so many pop-ups that my phone got stuck! Make sure you are using a stable version. As seen several times, nightlies often come with often more trouble than a stable version. They are nightlies for some reason! Right?
I hope it works!

Reactions: swapnilps

swapnilps

Apr 11, 2013
mumbai
Done!

Let's see if I can help. First of all. Be sure to read Vincom's thread about how to install properly a Custom Recovery. Then, go to your custom recovery. Which most likely will be TWRP. I suggest you to Mount the USB Storage and place the CWM zip and your wanted custom rom zip with gapps into your storage. Install CWM and then reboot to recovery. It might take a little bit till CWM starts. Once you are in, delete Cache and Dalvik. Then, install the custom rom. Once you are done, you are done. Before installing gapps I'd suggest you to boot it so you make sure it's all working properly. Last time I installed at the same time (the ROM and Gapps) I saw so many pop-ups that my phone got stuck! Make sure you are using a stable version. As seen several times, nightlies often come with often more trouble than a stable version. They are nightlies for some reason! Right?
I hope it works!

Tried with latest recovery!!!
..and done!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am on stock rock 4.2.1

I hope it works!