AT&T Offically Announce GB for Captivate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nbarsotti

Jul 13, 2010
unable to root

Hello, I can't get SuperOneClick, DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit v4.0, or manually trying to copy zergRush to and successfully root. Each time I get the "Hellions with BLUE flames!" message which I believe means that zergRush did not work. I know how to do the fugu kernal swap, but I want to make sure I am using the KK4 kernel from Mini Kies, not the leaked kernel. Does anyone know how to either extract my current kernel without root or how to download the same file from Samsung that Mini Kies grabs and extract the KK4 kernel from there for use with ODIN? Any advice would be helpful. My goal is to run as completely as stock as possible but with root. Thank you.

yabiman

Jan 10, 2012
How to upgrade from rooted official Froyo?

I'm completely new to rooting/flashing...I only rooted my phone two weeks ago... I have a rooted official Froyo installed Captivate. How should I update to the official GB? Just... unroot and follow the official procedure provided by Samsung/at&t?

Any possible problem you could think of?

ScottyNuttz

Dec 14, 2008
Maine
I'm completely new to rooting/flashing...I only rooted my phone two weeks ago... I have a rooted official Froyo installed Captivate. How should I update to the official GB? Just... unroot and follow the official procedure provided by Samsung/at&t?

Any possible problem you could think of?

Yes. Not sure if you even need yo unroot. However, you'll probably loose root in the process. Otherwise, you can wait for a flash able version of the release. I'd go with Kies if you have the option though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts