bought a new phone? say you good bye to our lovely play here

Search This thread

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
hi all
i made this thread for every one that is leaving his xperia play
if you can please add a little story of your play here and what you did with it and ... here(you can add any story from when you bought the play till when you leaved it)
i know its late and many of us leaved play months ago but if you see this post and you are one of old users please send your story too
i will say my goodbye to xperia play here too but for now i have to deal with this phone until i finish my exams and get my grades

Last edited:

CyberScopes

Jun 27, 2012
The Underground
I left around a month ago to a nexus 5. It was just getting too old. I still love the play community and always will. So many great devs supported this device, and they did the impossible.

Sent from my GN5 [D821] using XDA Premium

Spatinator

Aug 24, 2012
Yeah I've also bought a Nexus 5 but i won't sell my Xperia Play because it's such a unique phone. It's running JB 4.1 atm and is my alarm clock :). I try to not leave the Xperia Play community completely and I hope that we'll get some progress with the 3.4 kernel soon.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
I have gone through 3-4 phones and still have my play. So no reason to sell it just because I bought another phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: eman2001

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
as you guys may know i leaved xperia play section about 5 minutes ago :(
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49452014&postcount=75
i bought my xperia play about 2 years ago (for my good grades in school and ... )
for about a year the phone was with locked bootlader (i didn't know what bootloader or even root is :p )
the first time i tried to root the device with ginger break and i get angry because it was not working. i was scared too (i wanted to install ics rom on my play )
after too many google searches i finally rooted my device and installed darkforest rom on it(yes, without unlocking bootlader and flashing any kenrel )
for two days i had a break phone and i thought that i losed my phone but i finally found out how to fix it
and ...
this was a little story of my xperia play

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
i was the best student in school so my father decided buying me another phone (my last one was htc p3400 )
i bought xperia play instead of galaxy s2 now im very sad becase s2 has a 3.12 kernel :eek:

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Got a Nexus 5 and sold my XP, If the 3.x Kernel was stable and working for the XP then I wouldent have left, ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

zeyad xu

Oct 29, 2013
New York
i accidentally dropped some medical alcohol on my play's screen and after two weeks i sold it with the highest price demanded (40$)
oh yeah and it became hotter than fire and i got xperia u because i am a student without an income ;p

Z3PHYR

Sep 9, 2012
Ive bought a new phone a while ago (xperia z) but I will never sold or leave my play i just love it for some reason :D, some people offered me more than 140 euro and i didnt sell it...

Taipangr

Nov 12, 2013
I got a sgs3 and i am very happy with it :) i rooted it and put a Kit Kat rom on it

I bought my play actually at September 2012 it was a awesome phone then i played minecraft 0.3.0 and i was so happy with this phone i still have it and i will keep it because its a amazing phone and i want a kit kat rom on it :)

ps2stuff

Jan 27, 2012
Limited-Edition-Xiaomi-quot-Red-Rice-quot-Hongmi-to-Arrive-with-Accessories-388410-2.jpg

I have moved on to Xiaomi Hongmi 3g (beware of fake hongmi's for sale the shop i linked sells genuine Xiaomi phones) It has native miui v5 and decent specs for ~150 euro it's a nice phone, I still have my play but touch screen is getting worse and volume buttons fell off. I will miss using my play on a daily basis was a great phone not having a 2.6+ kernal really held it back, hope a 3.4 kernal comes for it soon. I used gin2jellybean rom with nova launcher and miui 5 theme great times and will miss this forum and all the great devs that kept my device enjoyable long after sony left the scene.

Code:
2G Network: GSM / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network: TD-SCDMA 1900 / 2100 (Chinese markets) also WDCMA version for non Chinese markets – 3G/H
SIM: Dual-sim
Dimensions: 137 x 69 x 9,9 mm
Weight: 158g
Display type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours, Gorilla glass 2
Display Size: 720 x 1280 pixels, 4,7″ (~312 ppi)
Multitouch: 10 fingers
Sound: Vibration + MP3, WAV ringtones
Speaker: Yes
3.5mm jack: Yes
Card slot: Micro SD (Up to 32GB)
Memory (ROM): 4GB
Memory (RAM): 1GB
Data GPRS: 32 – 48 kbps
Speed: TD-SCDMA HSDPA, HSUPA
WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth: v3.0_HS, v4.0_LE with A2DP
USB: Micro USB v2.0 (MHL), USB On-the-go
Camera: 8 MP Samsung camera, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, HDR
Video: 1080p HD@30fps
Features: Backside illuminated sensor, F2.2, Support Zero shutter lag, face recognition, HDR, real time filter, Geo-tagging, touch focus, Record with LED support light
Secondary camera: 1,3 MP, 720p@30fps
OS/Rom: MIUI V5, support Android 4.2
Chipset: Mediatek MT6589T
CPU: Quad-core 1.5 GHz 28nm
GPU: PowerVR SGX544
Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass, light, weight, measure
Messaging: SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS
Browser: HTML5
Radio: FM radio via wired headset
GPS: Yes, GPS + A-GPS
Java: Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Colours available: Chinese Red, Metallic Grey, Ivory
Battery: Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery
Sound support: MP3/ACC/AMR/OGG/M4A/MID/WMA/FLAC/APE/AAC/WAV
Image support: JPEG, PNG, GIF and BMP
Video support: MP4/rmvb/flv720P/H.264/H.263
Led colours: Blue, Red, Orange, Yellow, Cyan, White and Violet
Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
TV-out (via MHL A/V link) Wi-Fi Display
SNS integration

Last edited:

niceguygamer

Jan 30, 2014
You Know it shocks my Damn Mind. That Companies don't want to get more rich.. An Xperia play 2 with real analog sticks, or any companies device for that matter would sell Hugely. The Nvidia shield is the only device, but its not a phone, nor is it usable like a regular tablet.
A new Xperia play cant steal sales from The ps vita, the ps vita is a standalone device with Unreal Graphics and Remot play options with Ps3/4.

Just wish some company would make a New one. A Nexus 5 with a Ps vita style body with Real Accurate Analog sticks would be a dream...

Megalobits

Dec 11, 2012
I'll move onto a Moto X very soon but I will keep my XP as a 2nd device (casual gaming) and waiting if nickholtus have the magic to get a fully functional 3.4 kernel (hopefully because this phone and his community deserve it) :fingers-crossed:

All hail the xperia play! :)

Reactions: ozzmanj1

ReiverBlade

Oct 15, 2011
Ovronnaz
and what about the opposite : i had a S3 but needing money and having only a UMI X1 (which even by being dual core is on the level of a Play) i brought a cheap Xperia Play used (but still in awesome shape) ... oh well i have seen some PPSSPP vids and i think it might just suits my need till im back into "high ends"

so this is not good bye ... but a warm welcome...

ok im off topic o_O sorrrrryyy

sanderpunto

Dec 11, 2011
Purmerend
Moved to galaxy s4
Need repair my play screen broke :(
Screen some times stuck.
I'm going to repair it love my play to much :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

pedyvirus

Nov 9, 2012
shiraz
guys
i locked bootlader of my friend's xperia play today and its running completely stock firmware now and its ready for giving it back to my friend (he is going to sell it)
so i have to saw goodbye xperia play section :(
i started every thing from here and now i can say im an advance user (atleast )
im admin of a forum in my language only because of xperia play section
i wont forget you guys
:(
bye

saqibkhan

guys
i locked bootlader of my friend's xperia play today and its running completely stock firmware now and its ready for giving it back to my friend (he is going to sell it)
i wont forget you guys
bye

:( .. I am more sad today now.. everyone leaving day by day.. its really sad to know your going. I hope when we get 3.4 Kernel.. you return to xperia play. thanks a lot.. your experimentation for the kernel helped us a lot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moved onto a Nexus 5. Still have my play. I don't have the heart to sell it. But between my N5 and Moga Hero. I find myself using my play less and less. Then again my nephew is using it for a month in London.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    bought note 3 n9005 . that's really amazing .

but i'll allways keep my xperia play :) by my side . i wish i could upgrade its cpu , gpu , ram ...

i wish SONY never had xperia play , u wish samsung had a gameing phone...
    guys
    i wont forget you guys
    bye
    I have gone through 3-4 phones and still have my play. So no reason to sell it just because I bought another phone.
    I'll move onto a Moto X very soon but I will keep my XP as a 2nd device (casual gaming) and waiting if nickholtus have the magic to get a fully functional 3.4 kernel (hopefully because this phone and his community deserve it) :fingers-crossed:

All hail the xperia play! :)