Crashing Modem

Search This thread

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
Hi guys.

I've been having issues with my Atrix lately.

My phone ramdomly looses signal for like 10 seconds and it generates a folder named "bd-dumps" with 3 archives on it: ramdump_modem_fw.bin, ramdump_modem_sw.bin and ramdump_smem.bin.

I didn't changed anything on the phone when the problem started. I was running LiquidSmooth ROM (Very nice, BTW), and started noticing this issue. In fact, I noticed because my phone was lacking memory.

Now, I've been searching about this issue, but none of the solutions have worked for me. Some say is a bad SIM Card, others a bad network, but I am pretty sure that the issue is not about that.

Everytime that I turn on Data services, it happens. When data services are off, it doesn't. I can be using Wi-Fi just fine.

I have tried:

• Flashing Stock with RSD Lite
  • Flashing Stock AT&T and Mexican ROMS
  • Flashing Stock manually
  • Flashing modem manually
  • Flashing several ROMS (CM and AOSP based)
  • Formatting partitions
  • Deleting the bd-dumps folder everytime it shows up
  • Formatting and fixing the modem partition

So far, nothing has worked. I'm attaching a log that I got exactly when this happens and when it gets signal again. Hope anybody can give me a hand.

Thanks, everybody.

Attachments

• log_ISSUE.txt
    88.9 KB · Views: 4

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I flashed Stock AT&T 4.1.1 but didn't taked any OTA. Does that updates the modem or some module related? I will try it tonight, thanks for the advice!

Yes, there is a modem update included. What it does, I'm not sure. Before taking the update, my wi-fi would drop randomly. I've had solid wi-fi connections since the update. Reception also seems to have improved.

Reactions: mauchito

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
Yes, there is a modem update included. What it does, I'm not sure. Before taking the update, my wi-fi would drop randomly. I've had solid wi-fi connections since the update. Reception also seems to have improved.

Great advice, I really appreciate it. Let me try it tonight and I will share the results. Thanks!

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
Getting exactly same problem
I also have bp_dumps folder in internal ..
Any body got a fix?

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Fortunately, yes. Check this post:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54833165&postcount=23

And just flash the modem partition. Then I recommend to go back to Stock and then, if you want, custom ROM. Before I went to stock I had signal issues, but the bd-dumps issue was gone. After flashing Stock, everything worked fine.

Try it, it should work. Don't forget to thank Erick! If you have any issues, let me know.

Reactions: Taha Haq

Taha Haq

Mar 7, 2013
karachi
I didn't understand from erick post may be too complicated for me
Can you please make a guide in the general section for flashing a modem and to do all this . when you have time . it will be helpful for many people.

plunplan

Oct 23, 2011
Santa Tecla

And just flash the modem partition. Then I recommend to go back to Stock and then, if you want, custom ROM. Before I went to stock I had signal issues, but the bd-dumps issue was gone. After flashing Stock, everything worked fine.

Try it, it should work. Don't forget to thank Erick! If you have any issues, let me know.

Did you flash Mexican or ATT Stock after flashing the modem partition?

EDIT. I just saw your post on another thread. I flashed the modem partition and then flashed Mexican Stock. Then i installed CM11 but im still having bd-dumps problems. I will try again but with ATT Stock

Last edited:

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
Can you please make a guide in the general section for flashing a modem and to do all this . when you have time . it will be helpful for many people.

Of course, just don't forget to thank him because he gave the original solution.

Download this (Original link by ErickST18): https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5v8yakw5eshrmc/AHD_Blocks.rar

Use WinRAR to extract the files.

There are 1.img, 2.img, 3.img, etc etc archives. Focus on the 1.img.

Now, like when you flash the recovery on the command line (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img), you will flash this one this way:

fastboot flash modem 1.img

Remember to put the 1.img archive on the same folder that you have the fastboot archive.

And that's it. Reboot, and then flash RSD with Stock. Then with you favorite custom ROM.

Hope it works for you. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Reactions: Taha Haq

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
Did you flash Mexican or ATT Stock after flashing the modem partition?

EDIT. I just saw your post on another thread. I flashed the modem partition and then flashed Mexican Stock. Then i installed CM11 but im still having bd-dumps problems. I will try again but with ATT Stock

I just answered in the other thread, but I want to clarify that I used Mexican Stock because my phone is mexican (and I'm too :D ). If your phone is from AT&T, then I would recommend you to flash that one.

Taha Haq

Mar 7, 2013
karachi
Already thanked him .
And thanks for your help too

Just one thing i need to know that is it neccessary to use rsd or i can use myth tools instead?

Last edited:

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
Already thanked him .
And thanks for your help too

Just one thing i need to know that is it neccessary to use rsd or i can use myth tools instead?

I guess you can use it, I honestly have never tried it, but if you can flash back to Stock with that, go ahead. There shouldn't be any problem.

Taha Haq

Mar 7, 2013
karachi
I guess you can use it, I honestly have never tried it, but if you can flash back to Stock with that, go ahead. There shouldn't be any problem.

i tried your method but after flashing that modem 1.img i got stock in bootloader and this was showing up Fastboot Reason: Flash Failure
then i formatted some patitions and somehow managed to get out of bootloader then i tried flashing different ROM but every ROM gets stuck at bootanimation also the recovery is giving this error E: could not mount /data to setup /data/media path!

any help?

edit: i got my phone working once again by formatting data and data media

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2012
Maturin
Fastboot Atrix HD failure

Now, like when you flash the recovery on the command line (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img), you will flash this one this way:

Remember to put the 1.img archive on the same folder that you have the fastboot archive.

And that's it. Reboot, and then flash RSD with Stock. Then with you favorite custom ROM.

Alright, people. I'm a noob here and I tried to do this to fix my Atrix HD modem using this. I hooked my cel in Fastboot mode, checked if it was recognized and all cool. I attempted to flash modem and I got a big fat failure.

smvuki.jpg

Now I'm sutck in a bootloop. I'm not sure what is wrong (I'll say it again, I'm a NOOB)... Maybe I just need to flash something dumb, but I don't know what.

It won't let me flash cdrom from fastboot and I'm running out of battery. It also failed when trying to flash a STOCK ROM (4.1.1) with RSD lite (it got stuck in cdrom as well).

2qbajgg.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

edit: i got my phone working once again by formatting data and data media

What exactly did you flash and how? I need some help bringing my Atrix back to life.

Last edited:

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
Alright, people. I'm a noob here and I tried to do this to fix my Atrix HD modem using this. I hooked my cel in Fastboot mode, checked if it was recognized and all cool. I attempted to flash modem and I got a big fat failure.

smvuki.jpg

Now I'm sutck in a bootloop. I'm not sure what is wrong (I'll say it again, I'm a NOOB)... Maybe I just need to flash something dumb, but I don't know what.

It won't let me flash cdrom from fastboot and I'm running out of battery. It also failed when trying to flash a STOCK ROM (4.1.1) with RSD lite (it got stuck in cdrom as well).

2qbajgg.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

What exactly did you flash and how? I need some help bringing my Atrix back to life.

Well, first of all, if you are running out of battery, first flash the custom recovery.

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

I would recommend Philz touch. After this, reboot your phone and enter in recovery presing power + up. Here your phone will charge.

If it doesn't work, try with another fastboot. That could be the issue, too. After you have enough battery, try again to flash RSD Lite to Stock. If it works, then try to flash the partitions. If nothing works, please let me know, let's find a solution

Reactions: QuantumCreator

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you try flashing back to stock ATT 4.1.1, taking the OTA update, and testing again?
    I flashed Stock AT&T 4.1.1 but didn't taked any OTA. Does that updates the modem or some module related? I will try it tonight, thanks for the advice!

Getting exactly same problem
    I also have bp_dumps folder in internal ..
    Any body got a fix?

Of course, just don't forget to thank him because he gave the original solution.

Download this (Original link by ErickST18): https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5v8yakw5eshrmc/AHD_Blocks.rar

Use WinRAR to extract the files.

There are 1.img, 2.img, 3.img, etc etc archives. Focus on the 1.img.

smvuki.jpg

2qbajgg.jpg

Well, first of all, if you are running out of battery, first flash the custom recovery.

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

I would recommend Philz touch. After this, reboot your phone and enter in recovery presing power + up. Here your phone will charge.

If it doesn't work, try with another fastboot. That could be the issue, too. After you have enough battery, try again to flash RSD Lite to Stock. If it works, then try to flash the partitions. If nothing works, please let me know, let's find a solution