MTK 6589 phone freezes randomly - any idea ?

Search This thread

kaceps

May 2, 2011
Hello.

I have a chinese phone, Inew I2000. ( clone of Chang N7300+ ). Well, to be fair it's Mediatek MTK6589 generic phone, like there's so many in china.

And this specific one have a pretty bad issue : it randomly freeze. The screen keep displaying the picture, but the phone doesn't respond to anything. Not even keeping the power button pressed. I have to take out the battery to reboot it.

I haven't been able to notify any pattern to those freeze. They will happen from 1 to 4 times a day. Sometime just while the phone is idle, sometime when I'm using it. It never happend to me in the middle of a phone call, but it happened while the phone was just sitting there. I would realise it was frozen when picking it, and realising it was not switching on of responding to anything.

I tried resetting it to factory setting, and re-installing the rom. It still happens. I am now wondering if this is a hardware issue, and if it is if there's anything I can do.

Google tols me that it seems other chinese phones have had the same issue now and then ... but I haven't been able to find a solution so far.

So as a last resort, I decided to ask to the place where I know of the most skilled people regardng phones and android ... here.

Just to mention, I'm not afraid of trying anything with that phone, including un-assembling it if it has any chance of solving the issue. If you have any idea, please share.

Edit : also, I tried looking for similar thread on xda, but didn't find any ... maybe I just didn't find the right keyword.

Last edited:

QardiaQ

Nov 13, 2012
MTK6589 - Jiayu_G3S freeze

Hello.

I have unfortunately same issue and didnt find anything useful too( I have Jiayu G3S). But my phone freezes only when it goes to sleep and then cant be wake up.
First issue was bad gsm antena. And after some time (few months) it start doing this. It was only 1-2 times or few days nothing. But now it almost everytime :( Its really annoying, cause i use my phone as alarm clock and it didnt wake me up. Sometimes freezes and the phone is very hot. Like when u play games. I try many many roms, try not to instal many of soft, try new kernel and nothing.

I´ll be very glad if someone have some idea. Warranty is over now (expires in 6month) so returning is impossible :(

Thank you so much for any advice :)

Have a nice day Q

hartlezzevolved

Nov 6, 2013
Bacoor City
I dont really know if this would help because I got my Ainol Fusion Air tab (before replacing with my cm life) I had the same issue with the freezing...Try this.

Settings-WiFi-Advanced-Uncheck "Keep WiFi off during sleep"

Hope this helps :)