Google Wallet issue

Search This thread

benjamins_2002

Dec 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I just got my (Sprint)Samsung Galaxy S III and when I open Google Wallet I get a popup that says...
____

Not Supported
Unfortunately, Google Wallet has not yet been certified in your country or on you device / carrier.
____

Has anybody/everybody else been having the same issue?

klownin816

Sep 1, 2010
I'm having the same exact issue. Just got my sprint gs3 today. Mine is a 32gb and is stock / never been rooted. I'm in the KC area. Makes me wonder if its a software issue, or regional issue.

916homie

Nov 28, 2010
sacremento
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I thought I had heard the 16GB versions were working. I bet Sprint and Google just need to get together and make sure the 32GB version is added to the list of approved devices, hopefully that can be fixed in the next day or two.

Ya that sux I'm kinda glad I didn't get the 32 I would of been real pissed with all the drama with it especially with the shipping delay

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

timeizmoney22

Jan 13, 2011
Enfield,CT
I'm rooted but used wallet yesterday with no problem. Then today, I'm lucky I had cash on me cuz I got this notification as well when I opened google wallet. 16 gig white

Rev3ge07

Apr 28, 2010
El paso
Ok im getting reports of Google wallet not working even on stock devices i think it has something to do with sprint not for sure but think it has something to do with sprint trying to release a competitor app to google wallet making it impossible for both apps to control the secure element so youd have to choose between google wallet and sprints touch wallet nothing is confirmed but thats my assumption

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone...-to-launch-a-google-wallet-competitor-1084799

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

masterhoss56

Jul 2, 2009
SE borked?

I guess this is more of a vote than anything else. I successfully activated Google Wallet on my Sprint SGS3 on 6/22 and added my Citi card. Doing so also automatically activated a $10 Google gift card.

I then rooted my device and ensured Google Wallet was still a go (I simply would receive the warning banner stating that the device was technically unsupported due to root).

I then started reading reports that Google Wallet was dead for various users so I checked again and sure enough, no more access to Wallet for me.

I wanted to see if the Sprint LF9 update would cure me. I took a risk and decided to unroot my device (ODIN back to stock). Since I couldn't clear and deactivate Wallet before I ODINed back to stock, do you think my SE is dead?

In other words, you think I should try to exchange my device now or wait to see if the Wallet issue is fixed and then check my device to see if everything is functional?

I guess I could always root again and attempt to apply the workarounds posted in the forum. Anyway, let me know what you think and thanks for the input.