Usb Gamepad Working!!!!!! Andres Ortega First!!!

Search This thread

cuba3377

Sep 21, 2007
IVE MADE USB GAMEPADS WORK ON OUR PHONE!!!!! now you can play your nintendo, super nintendo, genesis and playstation emulators on your T.V. and have a matching remote to boot.

You will need the following:

Registry Editor
Hidgamep.dll file (included)
4 in1 cable (and usb gamepad ) any with 1 joypad will work.

1. you will need to unzip the hidgamep.dll file into your windows directory on your phone.

2. open your registry editor, and find the directory [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\HID\LoadClients\Default\Default

3. add the value "1_5". ( dont put the "")

4. open the value 1_5 and add the value "gamepad" ( dont put the "")

5. now add the key "hidgamep.dll" ( dont put the "") (this step makes windows use the driver)

6. save your work remove the usb device and reboot your phone.

7. now if you did this right, when you plug in your usb game pad it should give you a message. now all you have to do is set the buttons on your emulator and your off to gaming like a pro!!!!

Attachments

• hidgamep.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 857
Think I shall give this another try

I found the .dll on another forum a while ago but could not get it to work but might of been a very very ancient copy but I think I shall give this a try again, a couple of quick questions do you know how many buttons the .dll supports? And also does it map the pad to the standard joystick layout for games that do not allow you to reconfigure the keys?

If all goes well might consider getting one of these http://www.geniusnet.com/geniusOnli...50&_pageLabel=productPage&test=portlet-action

cuba3377

Sep 21, 2007
it would be nice if you can port USB MassStorage Driver into Athena~

the driver for a mass storage device is already installed. i looked into it. the thing is that the battery on a phone is about 3.7v. a regular usb port has alot more than that. dont expect to power a hard drive with such low current. the drivers are installed so if you use thumb drives or multi usb port drives it will work.

cuba3377

Sep 21, 2007
I found the .dll on another forum a while ago but could not get it to work but might of been a very very ancient copy but I think I shall give this a try again, a couple of quick questions do you know how many buttons the .dll supports? And also does it map the pad to the standard joystick layout for games that do not allow you to reconfigure the keys?

the reason it didnt work is because the buttons need to be maped correctly. all my driver does is tell the pda what we want it to do when you press buttons. the axis is the directional keys on the board.
if you did want to reconfigure the map. its just plug n play with the driver, just remove the current mapping and add the keys you want to the driver. also u will know when u did it right because you will get a pop up box

It works :)

Hi Cuba337,

Got it sussed and now it works with a couple of joypads might get the one I linked above now. For anyone else trying this and getting stuck I found you need to tweak the intructions given.

Step 3, Add a new KEY named "1_5" (ignore the " ")

Step 4, Add a new KEY named "gamepad"

Step 5, Add a new STRING value called "DLL"

Step 5a, edit the value and enter "hidgamep.dll"

And that does the trick for me did not bother reseting the phone just plugged a pad in and it worked. It works with both my genuine HTC 4-in-1 cable and my no name 7500 dock with 2 usb ports on the side. It does feel a touch unresponsive but the only digital gamepad I have laying around is rather shoddy and my other spare pad has analogue pads which it's not keen on either so will get new pad and see what happens, will also see if the new PK4.0 rom helps when that comes out.

Thanks Cuba337 :)

irus

Jun 29, 2007
IVE MADE USB GAMEPADS WORK ON OUR PHONE!!!!! now you can play your nintendo, super nintendo, genesis and playstation emulators on your T.V. and have a matching remote to boot.

You will need the following:

Registry Editor
Hidgamep.dll file (included)
4 in1 cable (and usb gamepad ) any with 1 joypad will work.

1. you will need to unzip the hidgamep.dll file into your windows directory on your phone.

2. open your registry editor, and find the directory [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\HID\LoadClients\Default\Default

3. add the value "1_5". ( dont put the "")

4. open the value 1_5 and add the value "gamepad" ( dont put the "")

5. now add the key "hidgamep.dll" ( dont put the "") (this step makes windows use the driver)

6. save your work remove the usb device and reboot your phone.

7. now if you did this right, when you plug in your usb game pad it should give you a message. now all you have to do is set the buttons on your emulator and your off to gaming like a pro!!!!

nice job... just one question does it work with any game pad?

bob_beringer

May 27, 2006
Awesome job :)

Thanks for the .dll posting and the notice to get things working for the gamer in all of us :)

Can you post links to the set of utilities that you are using? A consolidated list of game emulators and versions that support the config that you are using and talking about?

I have all of the older emulators, but I have had trouble getting many of them to work in REALVGA mode. Do you have yours working in VGA mode? Since you have a working solution it would be really really cool to get all of the links from you for the solution that you have put together. I would personnally be grateful for the time saved from testing unknown configurations...

Thanks,
Bob

User67218

Apr 23, 2008
Auto Config File For The Dll

Instead of asking for it I am deciding to post it. LOL

Create a .REG file and place this into it's content.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\HID\LoadClients\Default\Default\1_5\gamepad
"DLL"="hidgamep.dll"

Place the file on your device and run it. I don't know if the run method works as it should on
a windows pc but it should in theory. After a successful merge of the file you may delete it.

Personally I would place it in the DLL's zip file so it does not get lost for future installations.

If there is a CE Hacker out there looking for an example to follow you might want to
consider the following information taken from windowsfordevices.com

DB files define the default RAM-based property database for the object store. The
syntax is a bit cryptic, but it is documented. For Platform Builder-generated systems,
it is rare to need to use the database at all, except to set up the automatic
connection for ActiveSync, as follows:

Code:
    ; This is the database initialization file.
    ; format is as follows -
    ; Database : db name : type in hex : num sort order : hex propid : hex flags ....
    ; CEDB_SORT_DESCENDING 0x00000001
    ; CEDB_SORT_CASEINSENSITIVE 0x00000002
    ; CEDB_SORT_UNKNOWNFIRST 0x00000004
    ; CEDB_SORT_GENERICORDER 0x00000008
    ; A database specifier can be followed by any number of record specifiers
    ; Record :
    ; A record specifier can be followed by any number of field specifiers
    ; Field : hex propid : value [ either string or hex dword ]
    ; End (ends a matching database or a record context)

Database: "DB_notify_events" : 0 : 1 : 0001001F : 0
    ; 0001001F - PROPIDR_NAME
    ; 0002001F - PROPIDR_CMDLINE
    ; 00030013 - PROPIDR_EVENT
    Record :
    Field : 0001001F : "repllog.exe"
    Field : 0002001F : "AppRunAtRs232Detect"
    Field : 00030013 : 9
    End
    End Database

This DB file will set up the notification database to run REPLLOG whenever an RS232
event is triggered. This will start the connection process on the default "hot plug"
port for ActiveSync.

Maybe you can map an 8-way d-pad with buttons to the keyboard with this method and speed up the response time without using C/C#/C++? I Dunno. I Never heard of
using a DB file as a driver until I read up on the REG files.

For those who don't know but are interested RS232 is Infrared. I'm sure the codes
above could be changed to a USB or even Bluetooth COM Port.

Somebody Push this thread to my favorite COOKS!

Last edited: