[Q] camera failed after "Phone to CAM FW write"

Search This thread

guenvyhar

Jan 16, 2009
I had exactly the same problem with camera. I've used wave files from above post and it worked.

stanik_sk

Jul 17, 2010
After everything failed, I used this firmware of Tipp's and FIXED :) Many thanks mate! I own you :)

Stan

koniu11

Feb 28, 2010
Should I paste these files from Wave to /system/firmware and overwrite, reboot and it will gonna work?

Dr.Dimes

Jan 21, 2011
Hello,

can anyone make a How To, to fix this Problem?
I have the same problem, too and i don´t no how this fix work´s.

Please, hlp

Tipp

Apr 4, 2008
koniu11
Dr.Dimes

put files from firmware_wave.7z to system/firmware -> *#7412364# phone to cam write -> reboot

Last edited:

maw81maw

Feb 1, 2011
Hi to all,
i have the galaxy s and i have the same problem whit the camera firmware.

Can sameone help me to fix it?

Thx in advance

maw81maw

Feb 1, 2011
Hi to all,
i have the problem with the camera FW.
I have rooted the phone and i have copy the BIN files (from firmware_wave.7z) in /system/firmware and after that i have press *#*#34971539#*#* and after press "Phone to CAM FW Write" but the camera doesn't work.
Please can sameone can helo me??

Pleaseee....

thx

maw81maw

Feb 1, 2011
Hi TIPP,
i want flash the FW camera but i have tried but doesn't work.
I had installed firmware 2.1 on the phone, rooted it and copy the BIN file from the firmware_wave.7z archive in the /system/firmware and after this i had do "phone to CAM FW Write" reboot but the cam doesn't work.

Please can someone give me step-by-spep guide?
You need other info???

Thx a lot.

Maw

Tipp

Apr 4, 2008
You put files
CE147F00.bin
CE147F01.bin
CE147F02.bin
CE147F03.bin
to folder /system/firmware with replace ?

maw81maw

Feb 1, 2011
Hi,
yesss, i had copy the BIn files inside the firmware_wave.7z in /system/firmware after deleted the BIN file stored.
After the copy, i had press Phone to CAM FW Write and after reboot the camera doesn't work. :confused:
You put files
CE147F00.bin
CE147F01.bin
CE147F02.bin
CE147F03.bin
to folder /system/firmware with replace ?

Any idea???

Thx

Maw

vanramorg

Jan 23, 2011
Iam So Happy it works

Ok Mr. Super Tipp.
It really worked. i tried everything before, wiping, flashing, reseting, other roms. nothing worked.

the bin files in the wave firmware are the conclusion.

-Download and Unzip the file ( 4 bin files)
-With root explorer copy the 4 bin files into: system/firmware (replace old ones)
-And then "Phone to CAM FW write"
-After the reboot the cam works again

Thanks, thanks thanks.

maw81maw

Feb 1, 2011
Hi to all,
but i can use any filemanager to move the BIN files???
Because the root explorer it's not free....!!!!

Ok Mr. Super Tipp.
It really worked. i tried everything before, wiping, flashing, reseting, other roms. nothing worked.

the bin files in the wave firmware are the conclusion.

-Download and Unzip the file ( 4 bin files)
-With root explorer copy the 4 bin files into: system/firmware (replace old ones)
-And then "Phone to CAM FW write"
-After the reboot the cam works again

Thanks, thanks thanks.

Thx to all.

Maw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I already repair my camera with files from wave
    Finally Fixed

I've finally managed to fix my back camera in Galaxy S i9000 after a few weeks of trying, giving up and trying again. I remember messing it up when i was updating my phone with Odin for the first time. I was trying to install FROYO, the guide said to do the "Phone to Cam" thingy and BOOM, camera busted. The front cam was working, but the rear cam was giving me a "Camera Failed" error each time I've tried to take a photo (and the screen was black obviously).

Here's how I've done it:

I've used the firmware from samsung wave from the firmware_wave archive rs787 l3.rapidshare.c om/#!down load|787tg|445878056|firmware_wav e.7z|569 (remove the spaces, can't post links, sorry :)

The funny thing is, I've tried to flash the cam with this firmware before (on many different versions of Eclair, Froyo and Ginger, even on my current ROM), but it didn't work. It even made things worse. After putting wave files into the system/firmware, Phone to Cam and a reboot, my front cam ceased to work as well. after re-flashing the phone firmware front cam came back, but rear was still busted.

So here's what i did.

1. I reflashed my phone with Ginger (2.3.4, JVQ (i was using this rom for a while, even trying to fix camera on it with wave files, so the ROM seems not to matter).
    2. Rooted it
    3. Installed ES File Explorer (so i could edit, switch and replace system files)
    4. Put files from firmware_wave.7z to the system/firmware folder.
    5. Reboot! (this is one thing i haven't done in my previous attempts)
    6. Press *#7412364# and select Phone to cam write.
    7. Wait for the flashing to end, then reboot again.
    8. Now it should work correctly.

So there are two differences between the successful attempt and the failed ones (at least these two i can remember).

1. Point (5.), reboot after copying the files!
    2. As far as i remember every previous attempt was done with Sales Code in the phone left unchanged after the flash (it was usually XEU or KOR afaik.). This time I've changed it to XEO (first thing i've done just after re-flashing Gingerbread), which is my Galaxy's original sales code. You might have to change it to Your country's original code.

Ok. That's it. Quite a long post, but i was trying to reproduce here all of the circumstances and steps that led to fixing the problem, instead of just a "HA, FIXED IT, THX" :) I hope this wall of text can actually help someone.
    Ok the best fix is flashing the Wave CamFW

ROOT REQUIRES

1.Install RootExplorer
    2.Delete the files in system/firmware
    3.Copy the files (from download) in system/firmware
    4. Enter *#34971539# and Click on "Phone to CAM FW Write"
    5.Wait for "Update Succesfull"
    6.Reboot and feel Happy

(Worked with Galaxy S bought in July 2011)

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=443793&d=1290069404
    и тут ты :D подумал может тут кто-то пытался разными прошивками или ещё какие рецепты попробовать... где-то здесь встретил, похожая ситуация, прошивка на jpm помогла. jpm качается, а так уже штук 6 разных лил, бестолку.

?????????????
    gregor206
    Try *#34971539# -> Phone to CAM FW Write

Wow! It's works;)
    Thank you very much!