[Q] How can I successfully create a folder in the root directory?

Search This thread

cobala

Aug 28, 2013
I want to change the mount location of the SD card from /mnt/sdcard to /storage/sdcard0 and the problem is that the /storage/sdcard0 directories that I created get deleted after rebooting the phone.

I backed up /system/etc/vold.fstab and then changed the SD mount location in vold.fstab to /storage/sdcard0

Phone is already rooted. In es file manager, I changed the root permissions to RW. Created the /storage/sdcard0 folders and even changed the permissions to match those of /mnt/sdcard. Android system deletes the /storage/sdcard0 directories on reboot.

How can I force android not to delete /storage/sdcard0 directories that I created?

MathewCNichols

Sep 30, 2010
Norwood
hivegate.com
I want to change the mount location of the SD card from /mnt/sdcard to /storage/sdcard0 and the problem is that the /storage/sdcard0 directories that I created get deleted after rebooting the phone.

I backed up /system/etc/vold.fstab and then changed the SD mount location in vold.fstab to /storage/sdcard0

Phone is already rooted. In es file manager, I changed the root permissions to RW. Created the /storage/sdcard0 folders and even changed the permissions to match those of /mnt/sdcard. Android system deletes the /storage/sdcard0 directories on reboot.

How can I force android not to delete /storage/sdcard0 directories that I created?

I would like to know the same. I'm trying to create a .ssh folder in the root directory so I can drop my id_rsa private key for SSH access through Terminal emulator. This is the default directory (/.ssh) however, Android doesn't create this directory.

I can create the folder with Cyanogenmod file browser, or recovery with ADB, but on reboot it is deleted.

I know Connectbot is great, I'm just looking for a terminal native SSH option.

*I've found that the root (/) partition of Android is an initrd.img. I'm not sure if I can modify this or not. Perhaps Cyanogenmod could consider adding the .ssh directory in the future for those using terminal emulator to SSH.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

I would like to know the same. I'm trying to create a .ssh folder in the root directory so I can drop my id_rsa private key for SSH access through Terminal emulator. This is the default directory (/.ssh) however, Android doesn't create this directory.

I can create the folder with Cyanogenmod file browser, or recovery with ADB, but on reboot it is deleted.

I know Connectbot is great, I'm just looking for a terminal native SSH option.

*I've found that the root (/) partition of Android is an initrd.img. I'm not sure if I can modify this or not. Perhaps Cyanogenmod could consider adding the .ssh directory in the future for those using terminal emulator to SSH.

A lot to learn!

Here is a similar thread regarding the root file system: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1790941

Last edited: