[Q] on 4.3 but dont have a knox counter. HELP!

Search This thread

supermth2

Apr 23, 2014
So I have a Sprint Galaxy Note II... I'm all jumbled up, i did a load of work on it way back and just now read about the knox counter... i got a lil worried and checked to see what mine was... there was NO COUNTER and both of my entries said CUSTOM and my flash count is 4...
I'm Confused cause i cant get my wifi to turn on ATALL and my white back has paint cracks, so i was gonna take it in to sprint... how am i supposed to do that? i have the knox apps on my phone, but no knox counter in odin mode. i know i can root my phone and reset my flash counter and set my phone back up to stock roms and settings... I've attached a picture and odin details to depict this problem. if someone could give me the best solution here, should i take my phone in or keep it seeing as it does not have knox... also, as far as i know i don't have root accesses atm. but every time i boot my phone it says SU permissions has stopped working. when i updated it did it through the sprint network so it was an official rom. i didn't get a choice it just happened one night when i was sleeping. i had 4.2 rooted with custom recovery (e3) and i still have that custom recovery. please help me XDA Forum users.. your my only hope.

r5pq.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------
ODIN MODE
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: (4 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom

---------------------------------------------------------------------
these are the only listings in odin mode.

Last edited:

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Well first of all DO NOT take your phone to the Sprint store the way it is. It's pretty obvious that somehow your phone was able to download and install an OTA on top of your already rooted phone. It sounds like you're gonna have to put your phone back to factory ROM no matter what because you're phone is now pretty messed up and you want to take it in to get it swapped. I see no other choice but to odin your phone back to stock.

supermth2

Apr 23, 2014
It's not broken, just flaws to its pretty white look. I would never take it in the way it is. I DO NOT WANT A KNOX COUNTER IF AT ALL POSSIBLE! I just need my wifi working. Can I flash back to 4.2? If so could I get a link to a step by step tutorial? Thanks for the reply guys.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
It's not broken, just flaws to its pretty white look. I would never take it in the way it is. I DO NOT WANT A KNOX COUNTER IF AT ALL POSSIBLE! I just need my wifi working. Can I flash back to 4.2? If so could I get a link to a step by step tutorial? Thanks for the reply guys.

What you posted is not a knox counter. That is standard for any platform.. I'm currently back to mc2 stock and mine says the same thing.. Knox counter you will have a warranty void entry at the bottom..

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA

Here you go. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086769
download MC2 and put it on your external sd card, then wipe everything EXCEPT your external sd card and flash. it takes just a few minutes and your phone will be like it come out of the box. Once it's done you can then take it to the sprint store for whatever reason.

Reactions: doubledragon5

supermth2

Apr 23, 2014

one last question. how can i use titanium backup it my root sevices wont work? all i get is "superSU has unfortunetly stoped working." i need all my contacts backed up.

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
one last question. how can i use titanium backup it my root sevices wont work? all i get is "superSU has unfortunetly stoped working." i need all my contacts backed up.

Back your contacts up to google, not the phone.. When you flash a new rom,then set it up google will install all of your contacts from your google account.. I do not use titanium for anything other than un-installing things I do not want..

supermth2

Apr 23, 2014
UPDATE!

I ran the zip andit seemed to load up fine. I got a "digital sigiture varifacation" error, my phone reset and booted up like it was all puked out, froze trying to acsses settings. I reset it and its all good but i got nowhere... still on the same custom rom that isnt even custom, still dont have root... wifi still not working. what next guys? i appriciate the help btw. thanks.

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
I ran the zip andit seemed to load up fine. I got a "digital sigiture varifacation" error, my phone reset and booted up like it was all puked out, froze trying to acsses settings. I reset it and its all good but i got nowhere... still on the same custom rom that isnt even custom, still dont have root... wifi still not working. what next guys? i appriciate the help btw. thanks.

What steps are you doing? Post and I will see what your issue is and try to get you back on track.

supermth2

Apr 23, 2014
I put the zip in the root of my sd card, backed up my photos, shut down my phone, boot into recovery, and apply update from sd card, select my zip, it begins to load up reading
"install/update from sd..." the next thing I see is "digital signature verification failed" it runs a few lines so quick I can't read them and reboots all messed up, I restart, and I'm right where I began.
That's exactly what I'm doing. Idk what recovery I have, it just says "recovery menu (e3)" with a blue backdrop. Dose this help?

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
I put the zip in the root of my sd card, backed up my photos, shut down my phone, boot into recovery, and apply update from sd card, select my zip, it begins to load up reading
"install/update from sd..." the next thing I see is "digital signature verification failed" it runs a few lines so quick I can't read them and reboots all messed up, I restart, and I'm right where I began.
That's exactly what I'm doing. Idk what recovery I have, it just says "recovery menu (e3)" with a blue backdrop. Dose this help?

Are you on a custom rom now? or are you stock? I need to know so I can get a better idea of how to move you into the right direction once and for all.

supermth2

Apr 23, 2014
See that's the thing. Odin says I'm on custom everything with a count of 4. But my phone updated through the sprint network while I was sleeping one day so It used an official rom, but I never got a Knox counter, and my recover and everything never went back to stock.
Sorry if the problem is innoying, if you want I could make a video showing the problem and link you to it.

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
See that's the thing. Odin says I'm on custom everything with a count of 4. But my phone updated through the sprint network while I was sleeping one day so It used an official rom, but I never got a Knox counter, and my recover and everything never went back to stock.
Sorry if the problem is innoying, if you want I could make a video showing the problem and link you to it.

Everytime to flash a rom, you will have a flash count. With the knox thing that is a prart of the MK4 update, but it can be ridden with no problem.

Flash back to 100% pure stock unrooted with stock recovery.. When you are done, and you go back to download mode,you will not see the knox count, only the normal one you would see if flashing a none MK4 rom.. If your phone is out of warranty, then do not worry about the knox counter.. If it is still under warranty, when you need to go to the Sprint store, by flashing back to unroooted stock MC2, the knox counter will not show, and everything will show normal instead of custom..

So follow these steps once again.

1)Put (if you have not already) Billards Stock MC2 unrooted with counter reset on your external Sdcard.
2) If you do not already have one, install a custom recovery.
3)Boot to your custom recovery and do a complete wipe cache, delvik cache, data, system..
4) once done install the zip
5) Once the zip starts billards version of TWRP will start. when it does do a complete wipe again.
6) Go to install and choose the billards zip again and run it
7) When it is done it choose reboot, but it will reboot into a special feature included, but you have to do nothing else. Once it is done it will boot let it do its thing, and when done you should be back to 100% MC2 stock..

When it is all done, set up your phone like you would normally do.. At some point sprint will tell you about a system update.. Let it run on its own and you should be at MK4. Yes you will have the know counter, but that is no real big deal,as I mentioned earlier.

supermth2

Apr 23, 2014
Yesssss! - update

I got knox disbled and got clockworkmod recovery going. got the zip installed after wipeing my cache and then got stuck in the wonderful boot loop.
got into stock recovery, wiped cache again, factory reset the device....... AND BAMN!!!! just like new :D thanks for your help guys. so happy to be able to take my phone in and get it replaced.

Reactions: doubledragon5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here you go. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086769
    download MC2 and put it on your external sd card, then wipe everything EXCEPT your external sd card and flash. it takes just a few minutes and your phone will be like it come out of the box. Once it's done you can then take it to the sprint store for whatever reason.
    Yesssss! - update

I got knox disbled and got clockworkmod recovery going. got the zip installed after wipeing my cache and then got stuck in the wonderful boot loop.
    got into stock recovery, wiped cache again, factory reset the device....... AND BAMN!!!! just like new :D thanks for your help guys. so happy to be able to take my phone in and get it replaced.