Camera doesn't focus after updating to oficial rooted 4.4

Search This thread

TiRaNog

Apr 11, 2012
After I instaled this the phone works perfectly but the official sony camera app (any camera app in fact) doens't focus. When I press the camera button (physical or touch) it tries to focus but it never focus so it gets hang, but the phone works, and the camera continues showing everything, but it just never take the photo so I have to turn off the screen.

Thanks in advanced!!

TiRaNog

Apr 11, 2012
I searched in thread and I did find someone with my problem, but it wasn't answered and as I am not able to reply in that post I created a new thread here :S

C_Karhu

Jan 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I searched in thread and I did find someone with my problem, but it wasn't answered and as I am not able to reply in that post I created a new thread here :S

I have exactly the same problem, haven't found a solution yet... :( So I'm running 4.3 at the moment. Lots of great ported mods from 4.4, so visually not a big difference. But I want the performance of Kitkat as well. There's a new firmware certified, so hopefully it fixes the issue. It's not Googles 4.4.2 that is the issue, I have tried Carbon rom and the camera works perfect with it. So Sony has messed up in some way.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TiRaNog

Apr 11, 2012
I have exactly the same problem, haven't found a solution yet... :( So I'm running 4.3 at the moment. Lots of great ported mods from 4.4, so visually not a big difference. But I want the performance of Kitkat as well. There's a new firmware certified, so hopefully it fixes the issue. It's not Googles 4.4.2 that is the issue, I have tried Carbon rom and the camera works perfect with it. So Sony has messed up in some way.

That's a shame!! How can Sony bring a bad update like that :(

Anyone having this problem too?

xneo70

Apr 4, 2012
This comes from unlocking the bootloader. Hope you made ta backup. If you made it close by with it. Kamera schould work.

Inviato dal mio C6903 utilizzando Tapatalk

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
@TiRaNog Had this exact same issue, i'm guessing that when you upgraded you chose a stripped FTF?

I did the same and had an issue from the off.

What to do is to revert back to 534 (back up first) re-root and flash a recovery, then update to a 757 rom but instead of using a stripped FTF file use the full one for your region / model.

Reverting to 534 could make you lose your IMEI, but this will come back once you install 757.

Not sure why this happens but this fixed it for me so I'm guessing it's worth a try.

Steve_max

Nov 20, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Try reverting back to .534 (with full wipe), then flash .757 again (full wipe again). If camera doesn't work, do it again. This worked for me.

No idea on why it worked, though. The flash process on this device appears to be less deterministic than a simple "dd" (as it was on older Samsungs), looks like it can have a different result each time.

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
In my case was just that. I flashed my locked TA backup and the camera worked again!!

Thanks!

Same here.. Had cam focus problem.. Exactly as said in opening post.. So i tried second last version, full wipe, and it worked, again after full wipe including internal storage, installed latest version of rom, and the prob is back again, then decided to check with ta restore( had taken a kk version of ta backup earlier) and after ta restore, tada, cam works again... So to be concluded, sony, as did earlier( remb the non working cam after unlock), messed up the cam again, and linked it with ta partion( u will get that focus value error aftet ta partion check( see in logcat for clearing urself) and the value is not passing properly, so cam hangs ( this is caused by a library,which supports cam, dont remb that name now,but u can get it in logcat, also may try a fix( i haven't tried it, becoz i just like to keep bootloader locked, to get the better cam), u need to copy the same binary from second last version of kitkat rom ,which had no such error, and replace.it with the one on current rom.