Domo Slate X3D-SE firmware and rooting

Search This thread

irfanjunaid

Mar 21, 2013
India
Ok guys, this tablet is a new and entirely different type.

Specifications:-
RAM: 1GB DDR3
ROM: 4GB
CPU: Single Core Cortex A9 1.2 GHz
GPU: Mali 400

Did you see that? :cool: This tab can run all modern games including Assassins Creed, Asphalt 8, Batman, Spiderman, Football.:cool:

And this tab uses Wonder Media chip of WM8850/8950

Ok, now coming to the point. This tab has a very limited support! So, i am here to post the roms and rooting method.

ROMS : Official factory rom

The link attached is the general firmware for the tab
Now, if you purchased the tab recently, turn the tab backside and look for service tag 9109124310 and above then download other firmware

I am not allowed to directly post the links since i am a newbie. Hence, i attached a 7z file with all the links inside it. Please download it and i regret for the inconvenience!

Now the custom rom and other 3rd party roms:

DISCLAIMER:
I am not responsible for the damages caused due to improper handling of the software.
Proceed all the steps at your own risk.

Download 3rd party firmware:
caution: Don't start the firmware installation unless i told you to do so. The firmware sites referred below are to be downloaded and have to be edited before they can be installed.

Eken is also a similar company which manufactures tabs and EKEN W70 is our target here.

go to the website below, search for W70 and download the firmware of it. Note: This is exactly the same firmware of our factory one(a change has to be made) -- (Android 4.0.3 ICS)

Maixin is a similar company too and our target is MaPad MX7650B. The good news is that it is a Jelly Bean Firmware. So, if you ever want Android 4.1 in your device, then go for it from the link below.

The custom ROM
Just go to below link and download the firmware. This is a custom rom and has a name called Universal Uberoid 3.0 Jelly Bean
This rom is pre-rooted and no worries to root! Also it has custom apps inside. So go ahead...
Warning! Don't start to install any of the above roms until you have understood the firmware installation procedure below...

A different category
We have heard the mobile phone chip manufacturers namely MediaTek, Intel, nVidia Tegra. Here there is a different chip manufacturer called Wonder Media. The tablets and phones with this processor are very different from others in the account of installing firmware. Here no computer is required to install the firmware. If you just extract the downloaded firmware and put it in the root of the memory card, the firmware will be installed automatically.

Here the above three tablets namely DOMO slate X3D SE, EKEN W70, Mapad Mx7650B are exactly the same and their firmwares has been thoroughly tested before posting here. So feel free to use either of them.

The firmware are same here. You just have to edit a single word to make those firmwares work for you.

Firmware Installation Procedure:

1. Download the appropriate firmwares from the links above(Let me know if the links don't work)
  2. Extract the firmware to a folder and copy it to root of the memory card(Use a memorcard 2GB and above)
  3. Note that the folder structure should be as shown in the attached images(FirmwareInstall folder and wmt_scriptcmd file)
  4. Insert the memory card to the tablet in OFF condition. Make sure that the charge is atleast 70% or you can connect charger to it while installation.
  5. Turn on the Tablet
  6. The firmware installation will begin
  7. The procedure will progress on and once complete it will wait for you to remove the memory card. When memory card is removed, the device will restart.
  8. The first boot time will take some time. After that the load time will be great.

Hurrah!!! You have updated/upgraded your device successfully.

If downloaded the custom rom, or the other factory rom follow the procedure below:

1. . Extract the firmware to folder
  2. . Now go into the Config folder
  3. . Now search for the file-name beginnig with '+' sign(usually this is the first file)

The file with the name with '+' sign is the main configuration file that starts the firmware installation. So this is very critical file and not to be edited without any proper knowledege.

1. . If you can't understand just download the file i attached
  2. . If you have previously downloaded the Domo factory firmware, you could go ahead and use the same file with name below.

Caution! For our Domo slate X3D SE, use this file +MID7_8237_FT5306_4key_wgj7167.fwc

In a config folder there SHOULD be only one file prefixed with the '+' sign else the firmware installation will fail!

. After placing the above .fwc file, that's it! You are ready for the firmware installation.
. Now copy the firmware to a formatted memory card
. Then follw the normal firmware install procedure above.
. Now you have successfully installed the custom rom.

ROOTING DOMO SLATE X3D SE:-

This tablet seems to be a junk in terms of rooting because when i tried to root this tab, it gave varieties of troubles including the bootup failure!!! But you don't worry because finally i am here with the working solution.But the sad news is that SuperSU by Chainfire will not work in our device and i don't know why. And yeah, if some pro is reading this thread who is successful in rooting Wonder Media devices with SuperSU app, please help me.

DISCLAIMER: Rooting voids warranty! Hence proceed at your own risk.
I shall not be held responsible for the damage caused to the device due to mishandling.

I prefer rooting the device because this tab is a chinese product and has some chinese and some unwanted apps inside it. And without rooting this device, it is impossible to delete these apps. So root the device and use apps like "Root apps delete" to deleted unwanted system apps. Some apps like android browser etc... are system apps but in this device it installed as a normal app. So you can uninstall the app in normal manner. I hope you understand the need for rooting this device from above explanation.

ROOTING procedure:

Caution: This rooting procedure is only for Domo Slate X3D SE and do NOT perform this procedure for any other devices. It is very dangerous to do a procedure that is not mentioned for your device. But offcourse you may try this procedure on any WM8850 devices.

1. .Download the file i attached. 4shared(dot)com(/)archive(/)R_VCJArR(/)Domo_Slate_x3d_se_root(dot)(html)
  2. .Extract the file as you did in the firmware installation and follow the same procedure.
  3. .Insert the memory card and start the device. Follow the onscreen instructions.
  4. .Remove the memory card when asked. The tab will then reboot.
  5. .After the tab is fully on, go to menu and look for app "superuser".
  6. .If you want to check superuser access, download and install the "Root check" app
  7. .If you get message that the device has root access, then your device is rooted!!!

Custom Recovery:
Guys, don't even try to flash a custom recovery. This is very critical job and no compatible recoveries are available for this device.
Recoveries like TWRP, CWM etc... don't even work or you cannot flash. If you attempt to play with a recovery, it may cause a fatal damage.

*** All the details above are subject to change without prior notice***

OK guys, we have reached to the end of this thread.

Installing firmware without official person, rooting the device, device faults caused due to mishandling are all at your own risk. Neither me nor the company shall be held responsible for any kind of errors or damages caused due to the above methods.

Thank you guys for taking time to read my thread. If you ever need my assistance, feel free to contact me. :victory: :victory: :victory:

Attachments

• files.7z
    1.2 KB · Views: 365
  • asas.JPG
    asas.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 253
  • dfdfd.JPG
    dfdfd.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 269
  • dff.JPG
    dff.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 238
  • dfg.JPG
    dfg.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

nav deol

Oct 26, 2014
domo x3dse

hey, i have domo x3dse i have done root
how i can install recovery in it....like-cwm, twrp

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

how i can install jelly bean in it.

irfanjunaid

Mar 21, 2013
India
Forget it!

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

how i can install jelly bean in it.

Don't waste your time on TWRP / CWM for Wondermedia chips..... There is no such thing or not available till now....
And forget about Jellybeans... There are no Android update planned for these SoC's....

nav deol

Oct 26, 2014
jelly beans

i installed jb 4.1 and it works .
one more thing my tab's ram reduced to 512mb from 1gb
how i get back 1gb ram
i installed orignal firmware.but it shows 512mb ram
i messed with partition by rom manager..

Last edited:

irfanjunaid

Mar 21, 2013
India
DOMO

i installed jb 4.1 and it works .
one more thing my tab's ram reduced to 512mb from 1gb
how i get back 1gb ram
i installed orignal firmware.but it shows 512mb ram
i messed with partition by rom manager..

Why the hell did you do that??? I warned you that it has Wondermedia chip is which is entirely different from the exisitng Mediatek and Qualcomm SoC's.... Please don't do that procedures again.... Ok, now try to flash your device with the stock firmware from the link below.

http://domosupport.com/kbase/downloads/

I think you need to register nowadays... Download the appropriate one for your model.... And if it's fine or encountered any
problem just contact me back... I will assist you.... Thank you :)

nav deol

Oct 26, 2014
doe'nt work

yaar maine orignal download kiya tha
yeh ab v 512mb ram show karta hai
how i can put it into recovery mod

irfanjunaid

Mar 21, 2013
India
yaar maine orignal download kiya tha
yeh ab v 512mb ram show karta hai
how i can put it into recovery mod

Hello! First download the correct version of the firmware....

First look at the service tag number and download the appropriate version from the DOMO website.....
I have already flashed 100 times without any trouble!!! Just download and flash correctly....
Follow the instructions from the DOMO knowledge article. It will help you :)

jaypod992

Nov 6, 2014
Rooting the new Domo slate x15

Hey!
This is my first post here,
I recently saw an AD for the new domo slate x15 and the promo offer was for just under 3000 bucks. I couldn't resist and ordered it :D
I was wondering if we could root the tablet and flash custom ROMs just like any other android device as my reason for buying it is to root and experiment with it a little bit.
I still haven't received it yet, Any info on this one would be really helpful!
Thanks in advance!

irfanjunaid

Mar 21, 2013
India
Hey!
This is my first post here,
I recently saw an AD for the new domo slate x15 and the promo offer was for just under 3000 bucks. I couldn't resist and ordered it :D
I was wondering if we could root the tablet and flash custom ROMs just like any other android device as my reason for buying it is to root and experiment with it a little bit.
I still haven't received it yet, Any info on this one would be really helpful!
Thanks in advance!

Hello! I would personally do not recommend this tab because it has a Wondermedia chip which has no custom recovery, limited custom roms and support till now! Use it under caution and don't expect much from it! And be prepared for charger failures, hanging, heating troubles, poor battery life. Don't give overload to your tab like HD games, heavy net usage....

shritam

May 1, 2015
There's an update to a whole new level. It's now QUAD CORE with Domo X15 Slate. Wanted to grab a custom ROM and had been failing in doing so. Needed experiments on this one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys, this tablet is a new and entirely different type.

Specifications:-
    RAM: 1GB DDR3
    ROM: 4GB
    CPU: Single Core Cortex A9 1.2 GHz
    GPU: Mali 400

Did you see that? :cool: This tab can run all modern games including Assassins Creed, Asphalt 8, Batman, Spiderman, Football.:cool:

And this tab uses Wonder Media chip of WM8850/8950

Ok, now coming to the point. This tab has a very limited support! So, i am here to post the roms and rooting method.

ROMS : Official factory rom

The link attached is the general firmware for the tab
    Now, if you purchased the tab recently, turn the tab backside and look for service tag 9109124310 and above then download other firmware

I am not allowed to directly post the links since i am a newbie. Hence, i attached a 7z file with all the links inside it. Please download it and i regret for the inconvenience!

Now the custom rom and other 3rd party roms:

DISCLAIMER:
    I am not responsible for the damages caused due to improper handling of the software.
    Proceed all the steps at your own risk.

Download 3rd party firmware:
    caution: Don't start the firmware installation unless i told you to do so. The firmware sites referred below are to be downloaded and have to be edited before they can be installed.

Eken is also a similar company which manufactures tabs and EKEN W70 is our target here.

go to the website below, search for W70 and download the firmware of it. Note: This is exactly the same firmware of our factory one(a change has to be made) -- (Android 4.0.3 ICS)

Maixin is a similar company too and our target is MaPad MX7650B. The good news is that it is a Jelly Bean Firmware. So, if you ever want Android 4.1 in your device, then go for it from the link below.

The custom ROM
    Just go to below link and download the firmware. This is a custom rom and has a name called Universal Uberoid 3.0 Jelly Bean
    This rom is pre-rooted and no worries to root! Also it has custom apps inside. So go ahead...
    Warning! Don't start to install any of the above roms until you have understood the firmware installation procedure below...

A different category
    We have heard the mobile phone chip manufacturers namely MediaTek, Intel, nVidia Tegra. Here there is a different chip manufacturer called Wonder Media. The tablets and phones with this processor are very different from others in the account of installing firmware. Here no computer is required to install the firmware. If you just extract the downloaded firmware and put it in the root of the memory card, the firmware will be installed automatically.

Here the above three tablets namely DOMO slate X3D SE, EKEN W70, Mapad Mx7650B are exactly the same and their firmwares has been thoroughly tested before posting here. So feel free to use either of them.

The firmware are same here. You just have to edit a single word to make those firmwares work for you.

Firmware Installation Procedure:

1. Download the appropriate firmwares from the links above(Let me know if the links don't work)
    2. Extract the firmware to a folder and copy it to root of the memory card(Use a memorcard 2GB and above)
    3. Note that the folder structure should be as shown in the attached images(FirmwareInstall folder and wmt_scriptcmd file)
    4. Insert the memory card to the tablet in OFF condition. Make sure that the charge is atleast 70% or you can connect charger to it while installation.
    5. Turn on the Tablet
    6. The firmware installation will begin
    7. The procedure will progress on and once complete it will wait for you to remove the memory card. When memory card is removed, the device will restart.
    8. The first boot time will take some time. After that the load time will be great.

Hurrah!!! You have updated/upgraded your device successfully.

If downloaded the custom rom, or the other factory rom follow the procedure below:

1. . Extract the firmware to folder
    2. . Now go into the Config folder
    3. . Now search for the file-name beginnig with '+' sign(usually this is the first file)

The file with the name with '+' sign is the main configuration file that starts the firmware installation. So this is very critical file and not to be edited without any proper knowledege.

1. . If you can't understand just download the file i attached
    2. . If you have previously downloaded the Domo factory firmware, you could go ahead and use the same file with name below.

Caution! For our Domo slate X3D SE, use this file +MID7_8237_FT5306_4key_wgj7167.fwc

In a config folder there SHOULD be only one file prefixed with the '+' sign else the firmware installation will fail!

. After placing the above .fwc file, that's it! You are ready for the firmware installation.
    . Now copy the firmware to a formatted memory card
    . Then follw the normal firmware install procedure above.
    . Now you have successfully installed the custom rom.

ROOTING DOMO SLATE X3D SE:-

This tablet seems to be a junk in terms of rooting because when i tried to root this tab, it gave varieties of troubles including the bootup failure!!! But you don't worry because finally i am here with the working solution.But the sad news is that SuperSU by Chainfire will not work in our device and i don't know why. And yeah, if some pro is reading this thread who is successful in rooting Wonder Media devices with SuperSU app, please help me.

DISCLAIMER: Rooting voids warranty! Hence proceed at your own risk.
    I shall not be held responsible for the damage caused to the device due to mishandling.

I prefer rooting the device because this tab is a chinese product and has some chinese and some unwanted apps inside it. And without rooting this device, it is impossible to delete these apps. So root the device and use apps like "Root apps delete" to deleted unwanted system apps. Some apps like android browser etc... are system apps but in this device it installed as a normal app. So you can uninstall the app in normal manner. I hope you understand the need for rooting this device from above explanation.

ROOTING procedure:

Caution: This rooting procedure is only for Domo Slate X3D SE and do NOT perform this procedure for any other devices. It is very dangerous to do a procedure that is not mentioned for your device. But offcourse you may try this procedure on any WM8850 devices.

1. .Download the file i attached. 4shared(dot)com(/)archive(/)R_VCJArR(/)Domo_Slate_x3d_se_root(dot)(html)
    2. .Extract the file as you did in the firmware installation and follow the same procedure.
    3. .Insert the memory card and start the device. Follow the onscreen instructions.
    4. .Remove the memory card when asked. The tab will then reboot.
    5. .After the tab is fully on, go to menu and look for app "superuser".
    6. .If you want to check superuser access, download and install the "Root check" app
    7. .If you get message that the device has root access, then your device is rooted!!!

Custom Recovery:
    Guys, don't even try to flash a custom recovery. This is very critical job and no compatible recoveries are available for this device.
    Recoveries like TWRP, CWM etc... don't even work or you cannot flash. If you attempt to play with a recovery, it may cause a fatal damage.

*** All the details above are subject to change without prior notice***

OK guys, we have reached to the end of this thread.

Installing firmware without official person, rooting the device, device faults caused due to mishandling are all at your own risk. Neither me nor the company shall be held responsible for any kind of errors or damages caused due to the above methods.

Thank you guys for taking time to read my thread. If you ever need my assistance, feel free to contact me. :victory: :victory: :victory: