Tutorial: LG P970 (P970H) unbrick/flash using SmartFlash Tool

Search This thread

spidr

Aug 20, 2007
München
Thank You for the reply. I have the bin and fls files. When I try flashing it finishes in 2 seconds and says completed. Then the phone shuts off. After booting the phone it seems that nothing has been done. I do have a dll that came with the files.

LGP769_20121004_LGFLASHv1350.dll

Am I suppose to use this file somewhere?

i guess one reason should be that u probably tried to use P760 stock rom ;)

redspeed

Jan 21, 2011
Thank You for the reply. I have the bin and fls files. When I try flashing it finishes in 2 seconds and says completed. Then the phone shuts off. After booting the phone it seems that nothing has been done. I do have a dll that came with the files.

LGP769_20121004_LGFLASHv1350.dll

Am I suppose to use this file somewhere?

Im having a similar issue. I try flashing with the bin and fls files, but mine doesnt reboot at all. I have to pull the battery and power it back on, but nothings changed.

Heres the files I downloaded. What is the .dll file used for?

Is there a way to flash the P769 with these files?
http://uploaded.net/f/wihfvm

re4lsk

Dec 16, 2011
Hermosillo
www.twitter.com
Im having a similar issue. I try flashing with the bin and fls files, but mine doesnt reboot at all. I have to pull the battery and power it back on, but nothings changed.

Heres the files I downloaded. What is the .dll file used for?

Is there a way to flash the P769 with these files?
http://uploaded.net/f/wihfvm

the DLL file is used for the update tool to verify that the KDZ and for LG extract to know how to extract the KDZ to bin+fls format. CMIIW.

ultimate_cable

Mar 1, 2011
I finally succeed to flash the baseband only.
Actually the LG driver was well installed. There is nothing special to install it. Just press next, next, next ...

Here is the procedure I followed:
- install the LG united mobile driver
- remove the battery from phone
- start Smartflashtool
- press the VOL+ button and at the same plug the USB
- keep the VOL+ button pressed until the windows recognize the USB driver
At this time, FST will show you the COM port and the "LGE Mobile USB serial port" driver.
- switch to tab "ROM copy D/L"
- select the fls file in the CP bin field
- press start to begin the flash of the baseband

I failed in my previous tentative because:
- i thought I could flash it without switch off the phone
- the battery phone must be removed
- I did not keep the VOL+ pressed long enough
- the COM port only appears if you press the VOL+ button and connect the USB cable, and you keep the VOL+ button pressed until it is detected.

I hope this can help other.
I spent enough time to search

Philippe

I had been stuck on a bootloop where my phone would get up to the CM10 spinning circle boot screen then the screen would turn off and it would show the battery was charging but the phone would never actually start up

I could not boot into CWM recovery although i had previously flahed it to the phone, so i tried to reflash the stock rom following the instructions in the OP

I was repeatedly getting an error when i ran the smartflash tool that it was "trying to communicate with ifx modem" but I would repeatedly get an error that this had timed out

It was not until I read tis post that I tried booting into s/w update mode with the battery out and ten it worked a charm. I hope tis can be of help to anyone else...

kevev

May 22, 2006
Please ignore this post. I am in the wrong thread. :p

Last edited:

carmine31280

Dec 18, 2012
SmartFlash Tool completly erases device memory during flashing.
Phone will make Factory Reset at first boot after flashing!
You can upgrade and downgrade. You can downgrade from V20N too!

This also will remove phone lock if you forget unlock code or pattern. (phone lock, NOT simlock or network lock...)

This method doesn't need internet connection. :)
If you want to flash an LG P970H download correct ROM from link below.

With this solution you can unbrick LG Optimus Black P970.
It fixes bootloop, "ERROR LG Security Team", and BSOD - blue screen with green writings (untested).

Only requirement is ability to enter in to S/W Update mode and not broken hardware.

Tested on: Windows 7 Ultimate x86, x64 and Windows XP Pro SP3.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads:
- SmartFlash Tool (mirror) [password: radkor@XDA]
- stock ROM V10A EEU XXX with .bin & .fls. [CRC MD5: d880b8834400575b5827bafbf29a745e] - DepositFiles, FileServe, WUpload.

Other bin/fls ROMs are HERE. (All these links are working again!)

You need to install LG Mobile drivers. They are located HERE. [CRC MD5: e4614071e72c0292d3a8238908b5c7ba]

1. Unpack SFT.rar that contains SmartFlash Tool program.

2. Unpack, preffered C: drive, firmware pack BIN_LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011_0.zip
Inside there will be 2 files: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_AP.bin i LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_CP.fls.

3. Run B_SmartFlashTool_Extern.exe

4. Choose:
1) ROM copy D/L bookmark
2) in Select mode choose Normal mode
3) choose CP file: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_CP.fls
4) choose AP file: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_AP.bin
*) connect phone in S/W Update mode with battery in it (on the phone that is switched off, plug in USB cable WHILE HOLDING Vol+ button)
5) choose COM port.
6) choose LGE Mobile USB Serial Port in Communication Driver
7) click Start and wait till end.
It takes about 3 mins to flash.

After successfully flashing, phone will reboot and make Factory Reset.
And that's all! :)

Settings:
iowx3.png

Flashing:
sf2r.png

Finished:
sf3.png

Now your phone should be unbricked and working.

I will not take any responsibility if something goes wrong when you trying this solution. For me and many others it worked well.

Hello can u help I got lg l9 4.0.4 t mobile and I am rooted and stuck on logo won't boot further will this work on my phone please help

cl06

Sep 18, 2012
Rio de janeiro
Hello can u help I got lg l9 4.0.4 t mobile and I am rooted and stuck on logo won't boot further will this work on my phone please help

If you do have a recovery installed on your phone.

1- plug your USB cable on PC

2 - Remove the battery from your phone (remember without battery!)

3 - plug usb cable and wait screen change for a white battery icon.

4 - Press and hold: Vol down first and power button.

5 - hold buttons and wait to boot in recovery!

Last edited:

mallez

Sep 23, 2010
I bricked my P970 when trying to install original V30B firmware. Thanks to radkor my phone works again :) Did everything as described in the original post.

warashik

Feb 4, 2011
My OB is DEAD

I have a problem, while flashing, Smartflash tool shows "ERROR" message, so i remove the connection to redo the flashing but my OB turned off and now it doesn't start anymore.

please help me through this.

(Sorry for my Bad English)

namnoops

Jun 15, 2012
München
No COM port detection...

Hi,

I've read this entire thread, and saw only one relevant post to the problem I'm facing.
I understand I need to keep the VOL+ pressed until the computer detects and installs the driver.
However, After having it happen once, and possibly the cable lost connectivity during the driver installation, it just doesn't happen again.
I've tried three different computers, connected the phone with VOL+ pressed for long periods of time... dozens of times.

I just can't get the computer to detect the phone on S/W update mode, so I can't flash anything.

Has anybody had this happen? Know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Tal.

YkZ_1967

Jan 29, 2012
Hi,

I've read this entire thread, and saw only one relevant post to the problem I'm facing.
I understand I need to keep the VOL+ pressed until the computer detects and installs the driver.
However, After having it happen once, and possibly the cable lost connectivity during the driver installation, it just doesn't happen again.
I've tried three different computers, connected the phone with VOL+ pressed for long periods of time... dozens of times.

I just can't get the computer to detect the phone on S/W update mode, so I can't flash anything.

Has anybody had this happen? Know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Tal.

stop PC, change port usb, start PC, plug the phone in S/W, keep vol+ pressed while PC detect, i have install a fresh Windows 8 and it's happening to me ten times before i change usb port.

viking_kong

Jul 7, 2012
p970 ics

can i use this with my OB?i recently flashed official ICS using KDZ and everything went fine.now i think its more battery hungry so i tried to downgrade it to gingerbread but after the kdz update,it boots into lg saying "security error" and stays there and shut then shut down.so i put it back on ICS.so can i use this in downgrading my OB?.and how can i install CWM recovery when i'm in official ICS?please help.

YkZ_1967

Jan 29, 2012
can i use this with my OB?i recently flashed official ICS using KDZ and everything went fine.now i think its more battery hungry so i tried to downgrade it to gingerbread but after the kdz update,it boots into lg saying "security error" and stays there and shut then shut down.so i put it back on ICS.so can i use this in downgrading my OB?.and how can i install CWM recovery when i'm in official ICS?please help.

yes you can use it for OB, it's recommanded to downgrade with SFT, security error is the message of locked bootloader ICS.
You can't install CWM in official ICS, bootloader is locked, but you can try some custom rom or repack in dev section.

Reactions: viking_kong

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS THREAD ANYMORE. IF YOU WANT TO HIJACK THIS THREAD CONTACT ME.

SmartFlash Tool completly erases device memory during flashing.
    Phone will make Factory Reset at first boot after flashing!
    You can upgrade and downgrade. You can downgrade from V20N too!

This also will remove phone lock if you forget unlock code or pattern. (phone lock, NOT simlock or network lock...)

This method doesn't need internet connection. :)
    If you want to flash an LG P970H download correct ROM from link below.

With this solution you can unbrick LG Optimus Black P970.
    It fixes bootloop, "ERROR LG Security Team", and BSOD - blue screen with green writings (untested).

Only requirement is ability to enter in to S/W Update mode and not broken hardware.

Tested on: Windows 7 Ultimate x86, x64 and Windows XP Pro SP3.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads:
    - SmartFlash Tool (mirror) [password: radkor@XDA]
    - stock ROM V10A EEU XXX with .bin & .fls. [CRC MD5: d880b8834400575b5827bafbf29a745e] - DepositFiles, FileServe, WUpload.

Other bin/fls ROMs are HERE. (All these links are working again!)

You need to install LG Mobile drivers. They are located HERE. [CRC MD5: e4614071e72c0292d3a8238908b5c7ba]

1. Unpack SFT.rar that contains SmartFlash Tool program.

2. Unpack, preffered C: drive, firmware pack BIN_LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011_0.zip
    Inside there will be 2 files: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_AP.bin i LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_CP.fls.

3. Run B_SmartFlashTool_Extern.exe

4. Choose:
    1) ROM copy D/L bookmark
    2) in Select mode choose Normal mode
    3) choose CP file: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_CP.fls
    4) choose AP file: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_AP.bin
    *) connect phone in S/W Update mode with battery in it (on the phone that is switched off, plug in USB cable WHILE HOLDING Vol+ button)
    5) choose COM port.
    6) choose LGE Mobile USB Serial Port in Communication Driver
    7) click Start and wait till end.
    It takes about 3 mins to flash.

After successfully flashing, phone will reboot and make Factory Reset.
    And that's all! :)

Settings:
    iowx3.png

Flashing:
    sf2r.png

Finished:
    sf3.png

Now your phone should be unbricked and working.

I will not take any responsibility if something goes wrong when you trying this solution. For me and many others it worked well.
    And link for v10a .bin

https://mega.co.nz/#!4ggQiSJB!KzO_T0_HML_qSTsOWPVDNbhatM1OBv6FS1BH-RmIy18

Only press tnx;) and tnx radkor

Sent from my LG-F320S using Tapatalk
    To add, it is a fast flasher compared to RDTT. :)
    Exactly! It takes only 3 minutes to flash. :)