[ROM] DamageControl v2.09.01 | Final Sprint RUU, Deodexed | Final Hero build

Search This thread

honest1212

Oct 26, 2007
Anybody notice any issues with using the screen setting for "Auto Brightness"? It seems to me that the setting works for a while and then stops responding to brightness changes after some time. I go back into settings and look and the checkbox is still checked, but checking and un-checking it gets the auto brightness to adjust to what I think it should be.

Any ideas? I'm using DC 2.07.2, and it's been an issue in all the 2.1 releases i've used that use auto brightness.

I am facing exactly same issue....

jonnythan

Oct 27, 2008
Anybody notice any issues with using the screen setting for "Auto Brightness"? It seems to me that the setting works for a while and then stops responding to brightness changes after some time. I go back into settings and look and the checkbox is still checked, but checking and un-checking it gets the auto brightness to adjust to what I think it should be.

Any ideas? I'm using DC 2.07.2, and it's been an issue in all the 2.1 releases i've used that use auto brightness.

Yes, that happens to me all the time. I keep a shortcut to a brightness app on the central home screen to quickly change it when auto no longer works.

kenfly

Dec 22, 2009
LWP

i have a problem with LWP reverting back to static wallpaper after i close a program or after i unlock the device
edit. uploaded bug log from kenfly14@aol.com

Last edited:

BJex

Apr 15, 2010
Turn on USB Debuging and this should fix the issue. If not go into manage applications and superuserpermission and clear default settings and try again.

dragonslave02

Apr 8, 2010
Hey love the DC rom been using and upgrading since 2.05 and am on DC 2.07.2 but i am having some troubles with Gallery crashing when i click the camera icon the message i get is " Sorry The application Gallery (process com.cooliris.media) has stopped unexpectedly please try again"

I have looked the forums but didnt see that error so anyone else getting this or know a fix?

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Hey love the DC rom been using and upgrading since 2.05 and am on DC 2.07.2 but i am having some troubles with Gallery crashing when i click the camera icon the message i get is " Sorry The application Gallery (process com.cooliris.media) has stopped unexpectedly please try again"

I have looked the forums but didnt see that error so anyone else getting this or know a fix?

This is due to the gallery app looking for the camera app named htc instead of the one called android which is installed on the rom. All of the 2.1 based roms have this problem

posguy99

Nov 8, 2009
Aside from slightly less battery life than the stock ROM, does anyone else have extremely long charge times? Seems like it requires about an hour or two to fully charge the battery from, say, 15% or so.

I have noticed that DamageControl ROMs mis-identify my Apple USB charger as (USB), and charge at a slower rate. I was actually able to run the battery down faster than it would charge the other day, by keeping the phone awake playing YouTube videos.

These chargers aren't really USB, of course, they're just a little brick that you plug a mini-USB cable into to connect to the phone, just like the one that actually came with the Hero (that I can't find anywhere).

My other charger is a Blackberry power supply, and the phone correctly ID's it as (AC) when charging.

The BB power supply has a max output of 500 mw, the Apple power supply has a max output of an amp (2x the BB), but the BB charges the phone faster.

This was not a problem on any ROM prior to a DC ROM.

okcppcnut

Sep 13, 2008
Bluetooth issue

Has anyone found a resolution to the bluetooth issue? I couldn't find anything in the search. My phone pairs with my car but I have no audio in either direction. Worked fine with the stock ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    damageless, congrats! hope you enjoying your wedding. the day goes by fast, try to take it all in and enjoy it. thanks for your work on the ROMs, i'm sure it's less-than-rewarding at times with all the attention. :)

question for anyone who can field it- 2.08 was my first encounter (just got a hero, my first android device). i upgraded to 2.08.1 with DCUpdater. should I also be able to upgrade to 2.09 with it? 'check for updates' doesn't show anything yet. if it just hasn't been updated (the 'repo' or what have you) np, just wondering if i can wait til it is or if i need to grab the zip and such.

thanks again damageless!
    I'd imagine it's theoretically possible, though I suspect the devs are missing some source code they need to make it all work together.

Like smstutler, I'm interested to see what happens when the devs finally get their hands on the source for the new kernel and can start applying some overclocking to it.

I expect the next month or two will see some nice improvements, just in time for everybody to jump ship and get an EVO. ;)

Yeah, ill be sticking around. I wanna give the EVO some time on the market first. Plus the hero is doing great and I've enjoyed learning all I have on it. Give the evo a few months, some dev work, and I'll jump ship. But for now, everything being worked on for the hero is great.

I'm gonna just test JIT out for myself, guess thats the best way to tell. I'm just a sucker for expresso.
    :)

If you guys think tonights update is good just wait. Its only been a week damage and i have been working together and already have a decent roadmap built for next version or two.

Yup. You guys have no idea what is awaiting you ahead.

Be excited.
    Hang tight guys, looks like Damageless has his mits on the sprint final release rom and is planning a release that is update-able from dcupdate for later tonight.:D:D:D:D:D
    i cant figure out to install this rom... it keep having errors

The dev dumped this rom long ago and has since dumped his evo rom.
    Find another rom.