[NEED HELP] Semi-Bricked Galaxy S4

Search This thread

Flamerz12

Jan 7, 2014
Ok,so here's my problem.I have a Rooted Galaxy S4 running on Cyanogenmod 11 and i've tried to overclock it using the KTweaker kernal. I was only overclocking it to see how good of a benchmark score I could get.So,I set the minimum frequency to 2160 mhz and the max to 2160mhz,and now when it gets to the lock screen,5 seconds later it crashes. I've tryed to install a new rom using odin and download mode but my computer doesn't seem to detect it. I'm not that old and if my mom found out she would freak out because she payed so much money for it,so please,please help me!!!! If you guys need any additional information,i'll try my best to provide so.

Android_Monsters

Feb 2, 2012
Los Angeles
Have you tried Odin back to stock?

But, for me when that happens it's a matter of quick fingers and getting back into the app and turning the over clocking down.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Karakoram2

lalec

Apr 30, 2008
Houston, Texas
Ok,so here's my problem.I have a Rooted Galaxy S4 running on Cyanogenmod 11 and i've tried to overclock it using the KTweaker kernal. I was only overclocking it to see how good of a benchmark score I could get.So,I set the minimum frequency to 2160 mhz and the max to 2160mhz,and now when it gets to the lock screen,5 seconds later it crashes. I've tryed to install a new rom using odin and download mode but my computer doesn't seem to detect it. I'm not that old and if my mom found out she would freak out because she payed so much money for it,so please,please help me!!!! If you guys need any additional information,i'll try my best to provide so.

If your computer doesn't recognize it the first thing to do is make sure the Samsung USB drivers are installed. Easiest way to do that is to install Samsung Kies on your computer because it will install the drivers for you. After you have that working you should be able to Odin back to stock.

xdapowerapps

Jul 16, 2008

There is absolutely no need to benchmark your phone unless you are comparing it to devices (even then I really see no point). That is just my own opinion.

Get Samsung Kies from HERE and let it install all the drivers. Then put your phone into download mode by pressing Vol Down + Home + Power until big green android come up. Plug into your computer and see if it recognizes it and installs the drivers. You should be able Odin back to stock. And don't worry, even at 2160, your CPU isn't toast or anything. Don't freak out. It's happened to many people, doesn't mean your phone is broken. :) Your phone is perfectly fine, you just need to get the drivers properly installed for your computer to recognize it. KTweaker options are applied at boot, not during the bootstrap (during startup) so there is absolutely no reason for you to not be able to get into recovery or download mode or for your computer to not recognize your phone. Don't freak out! You're alright.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried Odin back to stock?

But, for me when that happens it's a matter of quick fingers and getting back into the app and turning the over clocking down.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app