[Android 1.6+] Audabubble HD Game - XDA developers made it happen!

Search This thread

adfrad

Dec 9, 2003
Being a complete novice to software development, having nothing but an idea, a friend who could draw and a small amount of money I could spare, I posted on XDA that I was looking for a developer to help me create a simple child's game for tablets and HD devices. I got a fantastic response, chose my developer apdroid and soon work was started.

Now I'm happy to announce the fruits of our labour... Audabobble.

It's a simple "hear the sound and drag it to the correct image" game, with loads of bright colours and fun sounds to attract kids.

The specially created graphics are at HD resolutions, and is optimised for the mass of Android tablets that is about to sweep over us.. and the swam of pre school and nursery kids who will be addicted to them... but it also plays on regular phones just as well.

Please take a look, and tell me what you think. It's free to install off the market and has no adverts.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.duckgoesquack.audabobble

Attachments

• feature-graphic-640.png
    feature-graphic-640.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 301
  • space-screenshot-640.png
    space-screenshot-640.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 240

darfbozo

Sep 7, 2009
Southampton(ish)
Lovely ... but ...

Lovely looking game, very easy for kids to pick up, but ... £1.00 for extra screens and you only get two to start with? I doubt many people will cough up that much, which is a shame, because the idea is good.

adfrad

Dec 9, 2003
Thanks for taking the time to have a look and commenting.

You make a fair point, the cost is always an issue. It has to be a balancing act.
Each screen costs me a lot of money for the original artwork, and the license for the sounds (which can really rack up when you have so many objects involved). That, and the fact that coming up with original idea for scenes can be really difficult (there will only be eight scenes in total).

Also, I would have been happy to charge only 50p for two scenes but that was below Google's minimum cost allowed for all the countries.

I'm working in the hope that having screaming kids in the back of the car will inspire users to purchase additional scenes, just to get a little respite :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Being a complete novice to software development, having nothing but an idea, a friend who could draw and a small amount of money I could spare, I posted on XDA that I was looking for a developer to help me create a simple child's game for tablets and HD devices. I got a fantastic response, chose my developer apdroid and soon work was started.

Now I'm happy to announce the fruits of our labour... Audabobble.

It's a simple "hear the sound and drag it to the correct image" game, with loads of bright colours and fun sounds to attract kids.

The specially created graphics are at HD resolutions, and is optimised for the mass of Android tablets that is about to sweep over us.. and the swam of pre school and nursery kids who will be addicted to them... but it also plays on regular phones just as well.

Please take a look, and tell me what you think. It's free to install off the market and has no adverts.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.duckgoesquack.audabobble