[REQ] Developers Interest NEEDED: Samsung Tab Alternative - Spice Mi700 DroidPad

Search This thread

zerinfo

Sep 1, 2009
Hi,

I'm sory if this the wrong place to ask, but i'm desperately need help, there's so few resources out there regarding to this CSL MI700.

Accidentaly I cannot boot to my MI700, it stuck in the bootloader (I use adb to reboot-bootloader). After reboot it asking again for the usb driver for the tablet then STUCK. Can someone help me fix this stuck in the bootloader and upload for me the original usb driver and all the rest of files (adb, etc) that in the cd-rom created when you plug your device to pc.

zerinfo

Sep 1, 2009
Hi,

How fool of me, just press the reset hidden mini button on the below of the device and everything works now, well not everything. I have lost a lot of the in built application, phone capability, contacts program, filebrowser, browser, etc. Now I can't not do anything with it.

Do you think i have to re-flash the device?

ming0971

Jun 16, 2008
I bought mi700 in Indonesia and just noticed that it has another build number 5026_13_16P. Kernel_version Apps 2.6.32.9.

Is it safe to root it using files in this thread? i want to flash the ROM and change the homescreen so that everything will run smoother. I also want to get rid of those apps that came preloaded.

Anyone plz help :)

It's safe, I have flashed this rom to my Indonesia bought mi700

ngct

May 19, 2011
Auto-FTM ???? HELP!!!

my kid tried too many times to unlock (the 9-dot pattern) and i was prompted with a screen asking for gmail & password, however after struggled through half an hour and to no avail, i started surfing the web for more helps.

Finally i landed on a page suggesting to press the power button while pressing the volume down button, i did it and it turned out to be even worse this time, the screen shows the message as below and i can't do anything now.

Pressing VolDown while power up brings up the following:
Enter FTM Mode...
SWVer=3.140
MODEL:FM6-0001
HWVer:103
Power on with pressing CAMERA and VOLUME_DOWN keys to leave Auto-FTM.

can someone out there help me to get out from this nightmare.....

Suryanto2

Jun 21, 2011
hiii

hi,all experts, i am from indonesia and i am new to this csl mi700

i bought it a few days ago, then i start to feel not satisfied with the color display. it is written that this device support 16M color, but my device just show 65K display color..is there any way to make my mi700 to be able to show 16M display color?

in the spec i checked from this site: csl-mobile
note : please put the www(dot) in front of the csl-mobile and (dot)com behind it as i am not allowed to put link here...

it is written there that the display: Color: 16M; 24 bits, 65K color depth by Android OS..please help me.....i really want to make my mi700 be able to produce 16M color as promised...please help me...

thx in advance...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mi700 DroidPad Development

Repost for Hucqim80:

0. MI700 HUCQIM80MOD Rom V.1 only for Build Number 5012_3_16I

I've make a custom rom based on 5012_3_16I which mean if you want to install this rom you have to update your rom from 5012_3_140 to 5012_3_16I at CSL Service Center for free..

WARNING! Use of this custom rom is on your own risk, I will not be held responsible if you broke your devices or data lost..So make sure you backup your current rom so that you could revert back if anything goes wrong..I may help if you have any problem arise..

Requirements:
    1)Rooted
    2)Clockwork Recovery
    3)ROMManager installed

What in this custom rom?
    1)Deodexed Apps and Framework
    2)Change the default wallpaper..you can change it yourself of course..
    3)Useful apps such as market enabler, launcherpro, Rommanager, rootexplorer, titanium backup, Visionary+,and more
    4)remove all CSL apps..

How to install?
    1)backup your rom with rommanager
    2)copy the custom rom to your sdcard root
    3)install within rommanager "Install ROM from SD Card"
    4)your phone will reboot and install the rom..once finish it will reboot itself..

This Custom Rom is for Build Number 5012_3_16I..to those using Build Number 5012_3_140 don't flash..or your phone will have no network..

Download:
    MI700-5012_3_16I-signed.zip from Dropbox
    MI700-5012_3_16I-signed.zip - 101.7 MB from Uploading

In case for Build Number 5012_3_140 user who have flashed before and doesn't have nandroid backup..
    512_3_140

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Rooting the Mi700 DroidPad

Thanks to "Abasir" for the previous instructions (1st rooting instructions). Lityen has written down an updated and concise method:

Rooting the Mi700 just got a whole lot easier. I used the latest version of SuperOneClickv1.5.5.

1. Extract file content.
    2. Unmount SD card. Essential for the process to be successful.
    3. Connect device.
    4. Run Setup from "CD-ROM".
    5. Run SuperOneClick.
    6. Click Root and it's all done.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Original BOOT IMAGE by Abasir:

Attached in this post (below) is a copy of it, should you want to recover the original ROM.

3. Clockwork Recovery for DroidPad by Hucqim80:

Instructions are located here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8839597&postcount=167

The latest image for the recovery is from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9295921&postcount=213

Direct Link to Recovery is: http://uploading.com/files/e96e3m4e/cwrecovery.img/

To All User Of MI700 Who Have Rooted..
    You need to boot into clockwork recovery mode and perform backup from there..

By the way please flash a new Clockwork recovery 2.5.1.2...
    copy it to the root of your sdcard..

Copy flash_image
    if you already have the flash_image skip this
    if not download this flash_image.zip unzip it and copy it to the root of your sdcard..
    on Terminal Emulator (make sure you hold it in portrait position)
    type:
    su
    press "enter"
    then type the following to copy it system/bin:
    cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
    press "enter"
    ..but if you have Root explorer installed..copy it to your system/bin

Install flash_image
    on Terminal Emulator
    type:
    su
    press "enter"
    then type:
    chmod 4755 /system/bin/flash_image
    press "enter"

Flashing the Clockwork recovery
    on Terminal Emulator
    type:
    su
    press "enter"
    then type:
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwrecovery.img
    press "enter"

Backing up your rom image
    Turn off your devices..when its finally switch off..hold down both vol+ and vol- and at the same time press the power button..you will be booting in Clockwork recovery mode..

"To move around in this mode you will be using Vol+ and Vol-...to move to a single line press and hold the Vol - or +..release it it move to another line..to select it press the Power button(if you get blank screen, press the Power button again and move around with Vol-and+ until you see back menu button disabled/enabled and select it again with Power button)
    I know its difficult to move around in this mode even Paul from MoDaCo asking me how to fix this but I believe you will get used with it"

Choose Backup/Restore from the option..this will take some time..once finish making backup..choose Reboot..check your backup in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/<date-and-time>/

4. USB On-The-Go

Work with USB Mini Type A

Devices that work on it (Thanks Abasir) can be read from: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8819448&postcount=163
    Clockwork Recovery For MI700/N700/Viewpad 7/..

Clockwork Recovery For MI700/N700/Viewpad 7/..

Flashing ClockworkMod Recovery
    Steps:

Make sure your devices is rooted.. if not get SuperOneClickv1.5.5 and follow this guide

Download:
    Clockwork recovery 2.5.1.2
    copy it to the root of your sdcard..( /sdcard/cwrecovery.img )

Download:
    flash_image.zip
    unzip it and copy it to the root of your sdcard..( /sdcard/flash_image )

Run Terminal Emulator (make sure you hold it in portrait position)
    type:
    su
    press "enter"
    then type the following to copy the flash_image to system/bin
    cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
    press "enter"

Install flash_image
    Run Terminal Emulator
    type:
    su
    press "enter"
    then type:
    chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    press "enter"

Backup your stock recovery:

First check your recovery partition..
    su
    cat /proc/mtd
    From there you'll see the recovery partition..
    To backup the recovery..
    cat /dev/mtd/mtd3 > /sdcard/orirecovery.img

Flashing the Clockwork recovery
    Run Terminal Emulator
    type:
    su
    press "enter"
    then type:
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwrecovery.img
    press "enter"
    In case you want to restore your recovery..
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/orirecovery.img

Backing up your rom image
    Turn off your devices..when its finally switch off..hold down both vol+ and vol- and at the same time press the power button..you will be booting in Clockwork recovery mode..

Choose Backup/Restore from the option..this will take some time..once finish making backup..choose Reboot..check your backup in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/<date-and-time>/

Download:
    Busybox 1.17.2 included with script to install..unzip it and copy the busybox and the install script to root of sdcard..
    Install Using ADB:Working on windows only with adb inside the cdrom..
    Run adb shell
    su
    cd /sdcard
    sh ./installbusybox.sh

Install using Terminal Emulator:
    su
    the run the command inside the script, manually, line by line..

Update:27/Nov
    Changes: Fix Power Button to always enabled
    : Home button toggle display
    :Back button go back
    Bug : Double key input still there (Volume - & +)remedy.. hold it to highlight a line,release it to highlight next line..
    CSL releasing another phone... this is the rebrand of the Huawei X6....
    Take a look: http://www.lowyat.net/v2/spice-slim-mi410-csl-s-new-android-phone-2.html

Has Snapdragon MSM8255 (Same as Desire HD) 1Ghz, 512 MB RAM, secondary camera and 4.1" capacitive screen. All for RM1,499. Sounds good... hopefully CSL will give me another test unit to try :p hahahaha...

Maybe should sell the DroidPad and buy this instead? Huawei's products are quite sturdy... no need customer support since can hack this unit :p
    hi all,
    I wants to ask,
    why my rom manager is keep on calls me to flash clockworkmod?
    and when i presss to continue,it will says that " An error occured while flashing your recovery."

i've root,install clockworkmod,titanium backup,busybox...
    permission is all been done,
    fix the permission as well already....
    all instructions is followed...
    my rom is backup by clockworkmod already,
    i wants to try new rom....
    but this stops me in the end.....

hope that someone can help me....

in rommanager..press menu choose manual flash override..then no more error..

Sent from my CSL_Spice_MI700 using XDA App
    Please try my custom kernel build :

fm6_boot_v1.2.img
    Sorry, i don't have the device so i can't test by my self.

I start the development thread on modaco