[Q] turn image(.png) into .apk possible?

Search This thread

costeira

Jan 28, 2012
Hi!
I don't know if i should post this on galaxy ace forum because it's not about the galaxy ace itself. I'm sorry if i'm posting on the wrong sub-forum but you guys are the experts with galaxy ace.
I'll ask for your help anyway ;)

Is it possible to turn an image into .apk? I would like to make some kind of app that shows me an image in full screen (320x480) on my SGA.
If the app already exists, can you tell me what app is that?

Thanks a lot :)

bbmadzky

Jun 6, 2010
Kasama
Hi!
I don't know if i should post this on galaxy ace forum because it's not about the galaxy ace itself. I'm sorry if i'm posting on the wrong sub-forum but you guys are the experts with galaxy ace.
I'll ask for your help anyway ;)

Is it possible to turn an image into .apk? I would like to make some kind of app that shows me an image in full screen (320x480) on my SGA.
If the app already exists, can you tell me what app is that?

Thanks a lot :)

You don't need to turn an image file to apk to make such app. You need to make an app to read, open, and show you image file(s). The gallery is already there. You can find bunch of the like apps in the market too, e.g. QuickPic.

costeira

Jan 28, 2012
Hi all!
Thanks for your tips.
Perhaps i explained myself badly, i''m sorry.
I don't want to open a random picture with gallery. I want an app to open the SAME picture every time i open the app.
Imagine that you have a picture of your grandmother on your wallet, i want more or less the same thing on my phone :)
I just need press the app icon and voilá, my picture is shown in fullscreen. that's what i was looking for.

Yesterday i was watching some videos on youtube and i now have more or less the idea what i need to do to make such an app.
The problem is that i'm not very savvy with with Java and Android SDK and it will take me some time create the app that i need.

Last edited:
Hi all!
Thanks for your tips.
I don't want to open a random picture with gallery. I want an app to open the SAME picture every time i open the app.
Imagine that you have a picture of your grandmother on your wallet, i want more or less the same thing on my phone :)
I just need press the app icon and voilá, my picture is shown in fullscreen. that's what i was looking for.

Yesterday i was watching some videos on youtube and i now have more or less the idea what i need to do to make such an app.
The problem is that i'm not very savvy with with Java and Android SDK and it will take me some time create the app that i need.

Are you using stock? Do you have 3DGallery?
Well... If so... I barely remember a widget that allows you to place an image wherever you want in your screan... Like having a photo frame on your desktop... I don't know if you know what I mean... But right now I can't remember the name of the widget... But id does pretty much what you are looking for :D

Reactions: costeira

costeira

Jan 28, 2012
Well... If so... I barely remember a widget that allows you to place an image wherever you want in your screan... Like having a photo frame on your desktop... I don't know if you know what I mean... But right now I can't remember the name of the widget... But id does pretty much what you are looking for :D

Im using ICS by jusada.
I don't have 3D Gallery, I didnt even know this app existed. The app seems cool and i like the concept of 3D Gallery but that's not what i was really looking for.
I'll try to search for that widget you are talking about.
Thanks for your help man

Im using ICS by jusada.
I don't have 3D Gallery, I didnt even know this app existed. The app seems cool and i like the concept of 3D Gallery but that's not what i was really looking for.
Thanks for your help man

Alright!

Well, I just thought the widget had something to do with the Gallery app but seems it doesn't :p

I'll keep searching for that widget... I'll let you know if I find it out!

Reactions: costeira

costeira

Jan 28, 2012
Alright!

Well, I just thought the widget had something to do with the Gallery app but seems it doesn't :p

Ok thanks :)
I've found an app "Android Photo Widget" that does more or less what i need.
I've added a new screen to SGA and with this widget i picked a photo for that screen.
The only problem is that the picture is always showing and i just wanted the picture to be shown after i press the app button. It does what i wanted, just not by the way i wanted but it's ok.

I'll keep looking for a better app anyway but this one does the job.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. This should be in the general section
    2. Isn't that what the Gallery app does?
    Hi all!
    Thanks for your tips.

Im using ICS by jusada.
    Thanks for your help man

Alright!