[Q] D851 - Default app management malfunction

Search This thread

44stranger

Aug 1, 2014
My T-Mobile G3 refuses to allow me to select a default browser or gallery. So for example, when following a link in an email, I'm always presented with the browser selection dialog even though I've selected Chrome as my default browser. My selection is never recorded in the default apps. I've tried several browsers just in case Chrome was the culprit, to no avail. Similarly, when trying to open a recently taken photograph directly from the camera, I'm always prompted to choose which gallery app to open.

The only defaults my G3 seems to retain are for messaging, camera, and home.

My device is non-rooted, and running the stock firmware.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as this is quite the annoyance and extensive Googling is failing me.

Protagoras

Feb 26, 2014
London
My T-Mobile G3 refuses to allow me to select a default browser or gallery. So for example, when following a link in an email, I'm always presented with the browser selection dialog even though I've selected Chrome as my default browser. My selection is never recorded in the default apps. I've tried several browsers just in case Chrome was the culprit, to no avail. Similarly, when trying to open a recently taken photograph directly from the camera, I'm always prompted to choose which gallery app to open.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as this is quite the annoyance and extensive Googling is failing me.

Try to uninstall your extra browsers (and galleries) and open a link in an email. It should then open the stock browser as it's the only one installed, and set it as default. Then reinstall the browser you want, and do it again. Maybe the default app feature will then work as expected.

Reactions: 44stranger

44stranger

Aug 1, 2014
Try to uninstall your extra browsers (and galleries) and open a link in an email. It should then open the stock browser as it's the only one installed, and set it as default. Then reinstall the browser you want, and do it again. Maybe the default app feature will then work as expected.

Already tried that, actually. No success. Very unfortunate and annoying bug, this is.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.