Screen wake issue - battery pull

Search This thread

adoneill

Apr 16, 2011
Sao Paulo
Hi guys

I know this issue has been mention a bit, and I've searched through countless threads but I find the search system on the site a little counter intuitive, like forum searches will only bring up the thread, not the actual key word references and I have to search again within the threads to yield results, but I'd like to clarify a few things.

I'm running Cm11 nightlies on the phantom kernel and I have the screen wake issue. It takes multiple attempts to wake up the screen. OK.
I understand this is a problem with Kitkat roms for our device. However, my case is that there is a 50-50 chance that the screen doesn't wake up at all and I have to pull the battery. This makes any rom almost unusable for me as 1 out of 2 times I have to pull the battery to access the phone, Music continues to play, and I can skip tracks or play or pause, and even take photos, which means that the phone unlocks only the screen doesn't light up. If I hold down the power button, I can feel the phone vibrate to indicate the shutdown menu and sometimes I can blindly reboot or turn off the phone by tapping the screen roughly where the menus would be, so the touch is working.

Roms have been reinstalled and dalvik wiped etc but no improvement

I'd like to know if there's something I've done wrong to have so much poor luck. I don;t mind waiting for the screen to light up, or even a few tries, I'm aware of the unstable nature of nightly roms, and I am happy to use it and contribute usage stats to help further development, but not being able to get the phone on is a massive problem, especially when receiving a call :p

If anyone has any tips, I;d love them to let me know so I can add here as a one stop thread to general KK problems and work-arounds.
Pr m,aybe it's just my phone :eek:

Current mods
Xposed framework modules
greenify
kk bugs fixer (currently disable as seems to make no change)
minminguard
no lock home
Xposed gel settings.

No crazy overclocks or aggressive governers (tested with ondemand, intelliactive no difference, but great battery)

General rom experience apart from this - Excellent battery and very snappy, only a little skipping with audio (even with cache increased to 4010)

Cheers people!

Reactions: Hipom

killing.devil

Jun 24, 2012
try another kk rom

i did not use cm11 b,coz i had problems with the low reciever volume
tryout carbon rom or vanir aosp
they are too good

Reactions: adoneill

adoneill

Apr 16, 2011
Sao Paulo
SOLVED

OK, thanks for the suggestions, actually I had the same issue on all roms that I tried.

The fix was the following, I disabled the NO LOCK HOME Xposed module and now all is back to normal.
i think there was an issue with it auto unlocking the screen on wifi or cel tower that caused the lockscreen to crash from time to time or get stuck. All is working like a dream now.
It~s a shame really, here in Brazilo with the rise of the Iphone and the high robbery rate, it´s quite common now for thieves to stick their gun in your face and demand your password or for you to unlock;disable the password during the robbery so that they can reset the apple acount or phone for resale. With nolock home I could save the cel towers near my home and work (for my walks to and from the subway) so that in case of a robbery, the phone just opens up and shows its unlocked, and then I can remotely wipe it later without giving up account details. Anyway, anybody else with this problem, thats the source of the Issue:cowboy:

Reactions: killing.devil

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys

I know this issue has been mention a bit, and I've searched through countless threads but I find the search system on the site a little counter intuitive, like forum searches will only bring up the thread, not the actual key word references and I have to search again within the threads to yield results, but I'd like to clarify a few things.

I'm running Cm11 nightlies on the phantom kernel and I have the screen wake issue. It takes multiple attempts to wake up the screen. OK.
    I understand this is a problem with Kitkat roms for our device. However, my case is that there is a 50-50 chance that the screen doesn't wake up at all and I have to pull the battery. This makes any rom almost unusable for me as 1 out of 2 times I have to pull the battery to access the phone, Music continues to play, and I can skip tracks or play or pause, and even take photos, which means that the phone unlocks only the screen doesn't light up. If I hold down the power button, I can feel the phone vibrate to indicate the shutdown menu and sometimes I can blindly reboot or turn off the phone by tapping the screen roughly where the menus would be, so the touch is working.

Roms have been reinstalled and dalvik wiped etc but no improvement

I'd like to know if there's something I've done wrong to have so much poor luck. I don;t mind waiting for the screen to light up, or even a few tries, I'm aware of the unstable nature of nightly roms, and I am happy to use it and contribute usage stats to help further development, but not being able to get the phone on is a massive problem, especially when receiving a call :p

If anyone has any tips, I;d love them to let me know so I can add here as a one stop thread to general KK problems and work-arounds.
    Pr m,aybe it's just my phone :eek:

Current mods
    Xposed framework modules
    greenify
    kk bugs fixer (currently disable as seems to make no change)
    minminguard
    no lock home
    Xposed gel settings.

No crazy overclocks or aggressive governers (tested with ondemand, intelliactive no difference, but great battery)

General rom experience apart from this - Excellent battery and very snappy, only a little skipping with audio (even with cache increased to 4010)

Cheers people!
    try another kk rom

i did not use cm11 b,coz i had problems with the low reciever volume
    tryout carbon rom or vanir aosp
    they are too good
    SOLVED

OK, thanks for the suggestions, actually I had the same issue on all roms that I tried.

The fix was the following, I disabled the NO LOCK HOME Xposed module and now all is back to normal.
    i think there was an issue with it auto unlocking the screen on wifi or cel tower that caused the lockscreen to crash from time to time or get stuck. All is working like a dream now.
    It~s a shame really, here in Brazilo with the rise of the Iphone and the high robbery rate, it´s quite common now for thieves to stick their gun in your face and demand your password or for you to unlock;disable the password during the robbery so that they can reset the apple acount or phone for resale. With nolock home I could save the cel towers near my home and work (for my walks to and from the subway) so that in case of a robbery, the phone just opens up and shows its unlocked, and then I can remotely wipe it later without giving up account details. Anyway, anybody else with this problem, thats the source of the Issue:cowboy: