[ROM] kingKANG | CM11 & AOKP from Source

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5019868

How is the volume on 9/2? Speakerphone mainly. I prefer not to use audio apps like DSP or fx for battery reasons.

HTC One M8/CM11/Excalibur 0.5

I ran a test for you. In call speakerphone volume is still low. And notifications / ringtones on the speaker still clip at max volume.

bill3508

May 23, 2011
This is from yesterday. I had just plugged it in as I'm on a call and it was near death. Combo below, auto bright but reduced values, stock voltage frequency, manual sync. Also Abyssplug gov. I had never tried this before but it sips battery. Noop scheduler as always.
uploadfromtaptalk1410102436700.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410102458511.jpg

bracketslash

Oct 1, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
Side note, Jenkins is very volatile so I'm stepping away from Jenkins in favour of a simple cron. Should continue tomorrow.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app

bill3508

May 23, 2011
Excalibur 0.5, posted a link to it a few pages back. Or it can be found in the general HTC m8 development section.

Reactions: krazie1

bill3508

May 23, 2011
Using this kernel caused my screen to not come on again with nightmare. Tried it with abyssplug and it took like 20 seconds for the screen to wake up.

What did the spec say when you downloaded. No one in the thread for that kernel has had such a problem.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2755044

Try this I uploaded the one I'm using to my Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/in6j4bdts6rhhti/excalibur-0.5.zip?dl=0

They are constantly updating it so the forum link one could be different.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kingKANG
    by bracketslash

king.jpg

Goal: Provide a similar CyanogenMod and AOKP experience which I enjoy to others with the same taste

Methodology: Build CyanogenMod (latest version) locally and cherry-pick unmerged revisions so that we may have the best of the future right now. AOKP will be built straight from nightly source.

Reasoning: It's silly to wait for the next new thing...With CyanogenMod's Gerrit code review, I've found it to be nice to able to pick-and-choose things that seem beneficial.

Release Type Update 08262014
    I have now listed the URL to get onto Google Drive where my buildbot automatically uploads to once finished building. These are not tested, as I can't flash a new ROM every day. However, they are a nightly build catching you up to CM11, plus whatever cherry-picks I talked about previously...This means that previous cherry-picks are maintained even throughout the nightly builds.

Second Release Cherry-Picks 08202014 [discussion begins HERE]:

• Add an option in the InCall UI to perform call recording
      Change-Id: Icc86a0a7ae9d2493a837d02f321df7cb1387cded
    • cmhw: add tap to wake tunable
      Change-Id: I82c913ceee0b23e2ab1e8261b36123cac898d589
    • m8: Increase the volume step at which the safe volume warning shows
      Currently the warning shows up at less than half volume, at normal
      listening volume. This bumps it up a bit.
      Change-Id: Ie85bb036f75a55b2eb6d1802baba11e632c19908
    • GPE IR hal implementation. Ported from M7 work.
      Using SmartRemote app, the standard in user IR remote apps, it was
      confirmed IR code recored fails using AOSP IR hal implementation.
      Using the GPE HTC IR hal, with associated resources, blast as well
      as record works. There appears to be no conflicts having both
      implementations on the device at the same time.
      Change-Id: I2a97112a977d98ef601ce4e0f3922f3f7cd5e680
    • m8: switch to 400 density
      Change-Id: I09f7bbe802c9ac7b6d7ad9dc1295b494b31f39d0
    Old Builds

Initial Release Cherry-Picks 08192014:

• cmhw: add tap to wake tunable
      Change-Id: I82c913ceee0b23e2ab1e8261b36123cac898d589
    • m8: Increase the volume step at which the safe volume warning shows
      Currently the warning shows up at less than half volume, at normal
      listening volume. This bumps it up a bit.
      Change-Id: Ie85bb036f75a55b2eb6d1802baba11e632c19908
    • GPE IR hal implementation. Ported from M7 work.
      Using SmartRemote app, the standard in user IR remote apps, it was
      confirmed IR code recored fails using AOSP IR hal implementation.
      Using the GPE HTC IR hal, with associated resources, blast as well
      as record works. There appears to be no conflicts having both
      implementations on the device at the same time.
      Change-Id: I2a97112a977d98ef601ce4e0f3922f3f7cd5e680
    • m8: switch to 400 density
      Change-Id: I09f7bbe802c9ac7b6d7ad9dc1295b494b31f39d0

While I do build these locally, I'm not an expert by any means. You are responsible for everything by downloading and installing this ROM. I am not liable for anything related to the installation, etc.

Installation:
    • Boot to recovery
      • IF COMING FROM A DIFFERENT ROM: Full Wipe (Dalvik Cache, System, Cache, Data)
      • IN GENERAL, IF COMING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION OF THIS ROM: No wipe required (Dalvik Cache and Cache wipe recommended after installation)
        • if you have any errors, it is recommended to perform a Full Wipe and then try again
    • Install kingKANG ZIP
    • Optional: Install Google Apps
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache/Cache
    • Reboot, wait for it to load completely
    • Reboot again, because hey, why not?

Download:

Nightly file formats:
    CM: cm-11-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-HHmm-m8.zip and .md5sum
    AOKP: aokp_m8_kitkat_unofficial_YYYY-MM-DD.zip and .md5sum

You want to download the one with the newest datestamp AND hourstamp on it.

Make sure to download Google Apps (the latest):
    Google Apps

FOREWARNING: Call recording without consent, or recording at all may be illegal in your country. I am not liable for what you do with this feature or anything that happens due to this feature being enabled. You are using it at your own will and discretion.

Thank you to CyanogenMod and its community as well as AOKP's community for the opportunity.
    Thank you to XDA and the community for allowing me here.
    Thank you to HTC, Google, and all other hardware/software sponsors for the environment with which we work in!

If you have any issues, please report, but do note that this is largely just CM11 and AOKP respectively with several cherry-picks to fit to my liking.

If mods have any issues, please contact me!

XDA:DevDB Information
    kingKANG, ROM for the Verizon HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    bracketslash
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: CyanogenMod & AOKP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-08-19
    Beta Release Date: 2014-08-19

Created 2014-08-20
    Last Updated 2014-08-29
    I have plans on building AOKP nightlies for the m8 as well and bringing it under the kingKANG umbrella...I know that this thread isn't too crazy yet, but would anybody reading this be interested? :)
    And there you have it folks... AOKP built for the M8!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ZGw3JY7XhUMzJLc1RhQ3d3bWM/

Remember to use the latest gapps with this as posted in original post. I will be updating the thread tomorrow to reflect the addition of AOKP.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app
    I have now listed the URL to get onto Google Drive where my buildbot automatically uploads to once finished building. These are not tested, as I can't flash a new ROM every day. However, they are a nightly build catching you up to CM11, plus whatever cherry-picks I talked about previously...This means that previous cherry-picks are maintained even throughout the nightly builds.

First upload will start tomorrow morning ~1:00 AM.
    Its from CM, they just didn't make it official I added the link to it in my last post.

I have it cooking up right now. Not sure if it will work, they seem a little dicey about it in the comments (having "fixes" for it and such...but I will try it!)

EDIT: Also, I'm a weirdo about ETAs...I love it when people give ETAs, but realize that I work 45hrs/wk and I am also a full-time student...Real life comes first, but I still love you guys.

EDIT2: The feature requested is in a broken status...They can't get everything to work with it, so I'll wait for a more finished one before picking it.