[ROOT+NewRECOVERY] in 1Click - Very easy ;) up-2010-03-18

Search This thread

kaleun

Feb 7, 2007
Aalborg
I am so thankful for this post!

As a newbie with little Linux knowledge and didnt have the guts to carry out the other guides to root my little gem Tattoo this made everything worth the painful wait!

I will raise a beer for you guys who made this possible :D

I'm a skinner, and now I can modify all of those lovely PNG's with R/W permissions. Already fiddling with the framework arts thx to you guys ;)

Cheers!

_david_94

Feb 22, 2010
Varese, Italy
File Type: zip RootTattoo1Click.zip[/COLOR]<<----------------here!

Nope, doesn't work... I click on in and it downloads the file, but it's 5.7MB and it only takes a second. When I open it (tried Win Explorer & 7zip) it gives error.
Tried in Google Chrome & FF...

Hmm I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks anyway =)

EDIT: Download worked =) I'll try it in the morning. thanks

Last edited:

_david_94

Feb 22, 2010
Varese, Italy
@maverixx: Thanks

___
How annoying.
It all works all right... except it says it doesn't have permission to read nor write on the SD Card.

Screenshot:
dl.dropbox com/u/1450909/Untitled.bmp

(add . before "com".
How can I get a mod to verify my account? "To prevent spam to the forums, new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. All new user accounts will be verified by moderators before this restriction is removed.")

Last edited:

Bikers

Feb 25, 2010
i have my phone unlocked with a code, but it's branded with aplications from vodafone spain, is it necesary for me to make a goldcard? i find that procedure a bit tricky for me... :(

Zecanilis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 22, 2008
Aveiro
It's advised...
If you brick your device and you need to flash a shipped ROM, you will need it... That's your last chance for unbrick it...
Unless you have your shipped ROM, but it's allways advised...

Cheers

kaleun

Feb 7, 2007
Aalborg
Exactly

Call it an "Recovery-SD-Card" if things go wrong.
I made one in case if I brick my Tattoo some time...

ccgg

Oct 31, 2009
Hi,

after i created my goldcard, can i restore my previous files and continue using it as my day-to-day sdcard, or that it should remain as it is, and i need to take a different sdcard for that?

i"m just learning this...

Thanks

maverixx

Feb 27, 2010
Hi,

after i created my goldcard, can i restore my previous files and continue using it as my day-to-day sdcard, or that it should remain as it is, and i need to take a different sdcard for that?

i"m just learning this...

Thanks

Hi
You can use the normally. (Sounds, images,...)

_david_94

Feb 22, 2010
Varese, Italy
Hey, I get this:
Untitled.bmp

Any help?

ccgg

Oct 31, 2009
Hi,

I did everything in this post, and while the rooting process i managed to see that it says i dont have enough space for custom recovery and for boot image. the process ended, and when i go to terminal emulator i still see the "$".

what have i done wrong? :(

thanks

maverixx

Feb 27, 2010
Hi,

I did everything in this post, and while the rooting process i managed to see that it says i dont have enough space for custom recovery and for boot image. the process ended, and when i go to terminal emulator i still see the "$".

what have i done wrong? :(

thanks

Hi,
Firmware may be incompatible.
You can try to install the original firmware.

ccgg

Oct 31, 2009
i didnt change my firmware.
just in case, i did factory reset, but isnt working... right now, my device is as it came out of the box... i did everything in this guide. i"m using the doldcard as my sdcard, it shouldnt be a problem, right?
i would very much appreciate any help. thanks.

maverixx

Feb 27, 2010
i didnt change my firmware.
just in case, i did factory reset, but isnt working... right now, my device is as it came out of the box... i did everything in this guide. i"m using the doldcard as my sdcard, it shouldnt be a problem, right?
i would very much appreciate any help. thanks.

No, the goldcard isn't problem.
Try changing the firmware version.
It's compatible:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=603286

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
About the Bluetooth "problem"

Bluetooth file sharing indeed does work on the Magic but not when using a Sense UI ROM, its a known issue (a HTC issue). As I have a tatoo as well, and have tested it, i think its safe to assume that it is the HTC Sense interface that messes with Bluetooth filesharing, not android 1.6 (if you had a Magic you'd already know that)

Regards,
Eyegor

ccgg

Oct 31, 2009
THANKS

i flashed the new rom (so i saw my goldcard worked) and afterwards the rooting procedure worked perfectly! thanks a lot :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, I'm new with Tattoo...

Can anyone tell me if it is necessary to use a method with a goldcard?

Is it possible (now, since this is, I believe, an older method) just rooting it like some other HTC without a goldcard?

I've already try to find the answer, but searching all the post and stuff??? Think it would be best way to ask you guys..

Thanks a lot, and I appreciate it.
    Check my earlier reply in the following post and link there in to root.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22791415&postcount=10

a quick answer you dont need goldcard to root