[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread

Search This thread

zepretender

Dec 21, 2010
Paris
nawak-illustrations.fr
I use Stunner rom. What is the best way to go back to GB stock rom? I've read that ICS leaked rom come with ****ty bootloader and only flashing with Odin can be hazardous. I don't want to make a mistake...
I have Odin PC, Odin Mobile and a LC1 (rooted and CMW). I get Abyss kernel 3.9 just I case.
Thank you :)

renegade027

Jul 29, 2010
Kingston upon Thames, UK
I think someone mentioned compass not working on the May 04 build; well, I just checked and it works all right (had 180° off on previous build)

Light sensor, which was fine before, is now stuck at a value of 10.

There's definitely something going on with charging. Several times today, I've lost a few % while using the phone AND being connected to a
mains charger - including the stock one ??

Otherwise, I am experiencing SPECTACULAR battery life on idle - perhaps the best of any ICS ROM (maybe slightly better than Stunner on LP5)

As for UI - I'm using Go Launcher Ex - typically clumsier than the built-for-ICS launchers - and this one runs great on May 04 build.

The only negative I see with the current state of ICS9 for SGN is the general tablet mode unfriendliness - status bar toggles act weird, etc.

kelddaug

Dec 2, 2009
My Note is bricked

Flashed cm9 beta 4 today, from recovery, the statusbar didn't move after 5-6 minuts i turned it off, and could not get i going again.
It's dead, no download mode or recovery.!
So i might have to send it to a Jtag dude. :confused: hope he can fix it.

I came from Imilka cm9 beta 3, wiped it before flash.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I use Stunner rom. What is the best way to go back to GB stock rom? I've read that ICS leaked rom come with ****ty bootloader and only flashing with Odin can be hazardous. I don't want to make a mistake...
I have Odin PC, Odin Mobile and a LC1 (rooted and CMW). I get Abyss kernel 3.9 just I case.
Thank you :)

You heard wrong, it has nothing to do with boot loaders and flashing a safe kernel with Odin/Heimdall from a PC is the ONLY safe method, what you claim to have heard is the exact opposite of the truth.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

octavian90

Mar 10, 2012
Flashed cm9 beta 4 today, from recovery, the statusbar didn't move after 5-6 minuts i turned it off, and could not get i going again.

God Damn it. Did you read instructions?? Were you on ics leak?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: skyli91

thechints

Nov 30, 2011
SOD

Happened 3 times in an hour.

Phone went on standby. Pressed to power button to unlock. Nothing. Had to restart by holding the power button.

Phone was ok for 10 odd hours. No issues whatsoever.

Jesse Jackson

Apr 30, 2012

You have got to be kidding me :confused:

Hate to break the news to u but jtag isn't going to bring your phone back. Should have read a little before making a $500 paper weight...

kelddaug

Dec 2, 2009
God Damn it. Did you read instructions?? Were you on ics leak?

I have flashed several sgs2 and notes, Htc Desire, Nexus one aso, so just did like i use to do, and no to 9220 leak, i have been, but thats a while ago.
I was Imilka Cm9 beta 3, the Sgs2 port, I ran like a dream, but wanted to have the latest nightly.... god damnit.! **** happens

Ps: I did what the op wrote, so it's not that.

Last edited:

chasmodo

Dec 28, 2011
Novi Sad
I have flashed several sgs2 and notes, Htc Desire Nexus oneaso, so just did like i used to do, and no to 9220 leak, i have been, but thats a while ago.
I was Imilka Cm9 beta 3, the Sgs2 port, I ran like a dream, but wanted to have the latest nightly.... god damnit.! **** happens

Newsflash: imilka's CM9 contains 9220 leak kernel.

corsair_fr

May 4, 2012
Strasbourg
Hey, just a question.
Is there (in CM9) any option or a software to use Galaxy note as a tablet, like on Stunner rom ?
Thx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

chasmodo

Dec 28, 2011
Novi Sad
Read what.? it's standard flash method.

*sigh...*

- I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO FLASH FROM A CF-ROOTED STOCK GINGERBREAD ROM, JUST TO AVOID YOU HARD BRICKS.

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy Note, or coming from another ROM:
- READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php?title=Experimental:GT-N7000:Frequently_Asked_Questions
- Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
- DON'T flash FROM i9220 LEAKED REPACK!
- Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM9 zip
- Flash GApps zip
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
- Reboot

magfal

Oct 24, 2009
Kristiansand/Asker
<rant>
Seeing all the "i9220" bricks the name of the file to be flashed could be named "flash from GB doublecheck, tripplecheck and think before you flash.zip"

That way theese guys might think beforw flashing. Always read the first 5 and last five pages of any rom you flash and that is even when you have flashed a previous build of the same rom.
<rant/>

Sorry to be blunt but i hope this wakes people up to read before making paperweights

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

kelddaug

Dec 2, 2009
<rant>
Seeing all the "i9220" bricks the name of the file to be flashed could be named "flash from GB doublecheck, tripplecheck and think before you flash.zip"

That way theese guys might think beforw flashing. Always read the first 5 and last five pages of any rom you flash and that is even when you have flashed a previous build of the same rom.
<rant/>

Sorry to be blunt but i hope this wakes people up to read before making paperweights

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Lol, i'm not new to flashing, I just overlooked the big red sign.!
I don't blame op, for my blindness.

It's when it gets a rutine, it goes wrong, i have done it 50-60 times before, with several devices.!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jesse Jackson

Top Liked Posts