Search This thread

MWilkenson

Oct 10, 2011
Pensacola
Dude you have outdone yourself once again. Such an awesome release bro! Thanks for your dedication. Also, the new mgerrit is awesome...I use to always go in my browser and look at what AOKP is actually doing... Now its so much simpler for me to snoop on them. :D

Anyways, no problems no complaints...best ROM ever!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

scoob8000

Sep 15, 2009
So I tried this rom very early on when I got my S3 and I was unimpressed. Then I ran rooted/stock for quite some time before I got the itch to try some different roms. I was getting disappointed in their stability so I decided to try this one again before going back to stock.

I'm effin blown away! This is what the Android experience is all about. I missed the days of flashing the latest CM (CM6-7 days) and playing with all the new settings and bells/whistles.

So I think I'm here to stay. I also love the fact that this thread is 2600+ pages long and Task still takes the time to read and answer users questions!

Keep up the good work!

los0325

Apr 7, 2010
Home of the SPURS
Wrong thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366809292223.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366809292223.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 1,105
Last edited:

evolution36

Feb 28, 2009
Off topic but I feel like its with the mention... The picture with the girls in the OP made it in the chive today haha.

Back on topic. New release is awesome. I've been waiting for you to fix the keyboard with the quick reply on. Also the ribbon feature is an awesome feature.

Reactions: KorGuy123
Sep 21, 2010
Followed the directions in the OP, I am getting this reboot around every 5 minutes. I have attached a logcat, please let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments

• Log_2013-04-24_11-38-13.txt
    32 KB · Views: 9

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Followed the directions in the OP, I am getting this reboot around every 5 minutes. I have attached a logcat, please let me know if you need anything else.

For reboots, the last_kmsg is needed (from right after the reboot).

Also, is that on stock settings? If so, you can try changing your scheduler/governor and/or up your voltage table by like 50 all steps.

mrgoat

Apr 2, 2007
I too have been having the reboot issue every 10 min or so. Seems to be regardless of what I am doing. Task, Let me know if you need anything else.

This was on wheatley gov, but it has been doing the same on others. I'll try raising voltages now.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I too have been having the reboot issue every 10 min or so. Seems to be regardless of what I am doing. Task, Let me know if you need anything else.

The only thing you guys can do for now is revert to a prior release. I havent seen any of this and have been running the same release as you guys for 3 days. You'll just have to wait and see if a future release might fix it for you. ;)

mrgoat

Apr 2, 2007
The only thing you guys can do for now is revert to a prior release. I havent seen any of this and have been running the same release as you guys for 3 days. You'll just have to wait and see if a future release might fix it for you. ;)

Will do. Thanks for the fast response. Last stable for me was 4.9.2013

jrock60

Oct 13, 2009
Great release Task, everything running smooth as usual. I did notice one thing that was reverted back to how it used to be. When I select torch from a lockscreen target it unlocks my phone too. This did not happen in the past few releases, the torch would go on and the lockscreen would remain locked. Not a huge issue at all just pointing it out as I preferred it without unlocking.

Thanks for your hard work.

Reactions: reflectingod96

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Great release Task, everything running smooth as usual. I did notice one thing that was reverted back to how it used to be. When I select torch from a lockscreen target it unlocks my phone too. This did not happen in the past few releases, the torch would go on and the lockscreen would remain locked. Not a huge issue at all just pointing it out as I preferred it without unlocking.

Thanks for your hard work.

Wait for the next release.

Reactions: reflectingod96

OTSS

May 7, 2011
Gotta give props on this latest release. It's been stable for me so far and it's smooth now...I left for a while because the 3.4 kernels were just not smooth (but stable for this ROM). Prior releases were just choppy when going in and out of apps and navigating...but all that seems to be gone. Great work.

No issues so far...

BTW, I run at the min of 486Mhz... so I'm not sure if people want to try that for better stability.

Most people on here are battery whores though, which really makes no sense.

Last edited:

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Everything was already dark from using a theme, what will this setting change?

Love your work btw

So you're trying to tell me that everyone that uses this ROM also uses the same theme as you? Because I wouldn't think that's the case. It's just as it was stated. A Dark UI toggle. ;)

P.S- If you use a theme then this probably won't make much difference to you. The people that don't use themes (like me) and want to use this toggle to get a darker ui is who this is for.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB