• Poll closed .
Search This thread

Acerbus91

Apr 23, 2011
Sadly not working with gosms on PA jellybean. Is not counting messages

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app

monkey hung

Mar 2, 2011
Looks like an awesome app, but based on the pictures you have in your original post, I don't like the idea of installing something to unlock an achievement. It's too easy, it's not difficult to achieve, and it seems pretty pointless. Is there a way you can make it say "get to level *insert level here* in Angry Birds *or any other game*"?

Same with the Reddit Is Fun. Too easy to just "install an app". Something else must be done in order to make it a little more worth while like "Make 10 threads using Reddit Is Fun app" that way people can try out new apps and new things and they take their time to use it.

slackydroid

Jan 2, 2013
Looks like an awesome app, but based on the pictures you have in your original post, I don't like the idea of installing something to unlock an achievement. It's too easy, it's not difficult to achieve, and it seems pretty pointless. Is there a way you can make it say "get to level *insert level here* in Angry Birds *or any other game*"?

Same with the Reddit Is Fun. Too easy to just "install an app". Something else must be done in order to make it a little more worth while like "Make 10 threads using Reddit Is Fun app" that way people can try out new apps and new things and they take their time to use it.

You are right. But regarding Installed Apps achievement I'm afraid there's nothing more I can do. You don't have access to other private apps so I can't really see what you're doing inside that app.

slackydroid

Jan 2, 2013
Just published a fix for the GPS issue in the next update. It should be available soon:

* GPS Battery usage reduced drastically. Now GPS is queryied only once every 10 minutes or once every 5 Km. If GPS has signal, then app will get location and stop querying for the next 10 minutes or 5 Km. If signal is not yet established, app will try for like 30 seconds and then stop and try again in 10 minutes.

Those who were having this issue please let me know if this helped or should I add a higher values.

slackydroid

Jan 2, 2013
Sadly not working with gosms on PA jellybean. Is not counting messages

Please give it another try after the latest update. I added a second method of counting incoming sms. My guess is it has something to do with some sms apps but maybe with the second approach will work for you as well.

hanschke

Mar 30, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
can you do a achievements sync between phone and table? so I dont have to install for example all angry birds game on my phone only for getting this ;) because it is installed on my table

slackydroid

Jan 2, 2013
can you do a achievements sync between phone and table? so I dont have to install for example all angry birds game on my phone only for getting this ;) because it is installed on my table

This is a feature that would require some sort of user based authentication. This could be included in the website feature I am working on. You will have a user account for sharing your achievements on the online profile and this profile would the be accesible from each of your devices allowing you to sync. So long story short, it will be a feature in the upcoming versions. You can leave this achievement for that time :)

Reactions: Rican Bx Bomba

fabokid5922

Nov 3, 2011
Nakuru
Hi, nice app with exciting achievements...can u add an achievement based on the number of times the phone is switched on or off

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using xda premium

Reactions: slackydroid

Acerbus91

Apr 23, 2011
Well now it counts messages sent. We'll have to see about received. Also how about a "close call" set of achievements ( number of times you phone has almost died) also maybe a set of zombie ones (phone has hit 0% and turned off for more than an hour before being charged and turned back on)

slackydroid

Jan 2, 2013
Well now it counts messages sent. We'll have to see about received. Also how about a "close call" set of achievements ( number of times you phone has almost died) also maybe a set of zombie ones (phone has hit 0% and turned off for more than an hour before being charged and turned back on)

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, those could be an option

slackydroid

Jan 2, 2013
Nope, still not seeing received.

Ok. I completely changed the way incoming SMS are counted. I implemented counting received SMS messages identical to the way I implemented sent ones so if sent worked for you, received should as well. I am publishing the update soon and I am waiting for your feedback. Also others please confirm that it is still working for you as well... I hope this will work for everyone.

slackydroid

Jan 2, 2013
1.04 is out there

What's new

• Added two new achievements in a new category: Disco Disco Boom Boom and Truly Lost
  • Fixed some crashes and bugs
  • Added actionbar icon for the Settings menu for newer Android versions that support it. Older ones still have to press menu to bring up the context menu and get to the settings
  • New possibilities introduced by adding more counters
  • Reworked counting of received SMS as someone reported it wasn't working for him. (please report if any issues)

What's under development

• GPS switch to allow you to permanently disable GPS query for this app. You can enable it only when you wish
  • Crash fixes
  • Profile website with sync features (you will be able to save your progress and also sync it between different devices)
  • More achievements (of course)
  • Two new achievement types (Randomchievement and Hiddenchievement) - more details when ready
  • Twitter integration

All of the above except (more achievements) which is always under development are being ordered by priority, first having the highest priority

Thank you all for the suggestions and feedback you provided and all your ideas are being taken to the GREAT TODO list I have and at some point when they fit in they will be added to the app.

Please continue to bug me with feedback and in case you are having crashes, the more details you can give me the better chances are to fix the issue.

Last edited:

Acerbus91

Apr 23, 2011
Well now it works both ways! Thank you :3 already got the disco achievement lol although when trying to prank my sister we noticed that it didn't count the messages sent from spam cannon. Counted the received ones though

batano

Dec 7, 2011
What's new
[*]GPS switch to allow you to permanently disable GPS query for this app. You can enable it only when you wish

Just looked at my Battery drain 41% caused by Phonechievments while having GPS active for 4h and 15m!
I hate asking for ETA but i ask because i don want to delete this APP but there is a massive battery drain...
is it possible that you just do a small update and built in this switch? You cann put all the other fetuares later into a major update!

Thanks for your Work :highfive:

slackydroid

Jan 2, 2013
Just looked at my Battery drain 41% caused by Phonechievments while having GPS active for 4h and 15m!
I hate asking for ETA but i ask because i don want to delete this APP but there is a massive battery drain...
is it possible that you just do a small update and built in this switch? You cann put all the other fetuares later into a major update!

Thanks for your Work :highfive:

As a matter of fact I have an ETA for you. It's NOW :laugh: (well actually aprox 1-2 hours - the time it takes for Google Play to publish the update). Please let me know how it works for you.

meshoe

Apr 30, 2012
Bucharest
Well now it works both ways! Thank you :3 already got the disco achievement lol although when trying to prank my sister we noticed that it didn't count the messages sent from spam cannon. Counted the received ones though

Ha ha, I did the disco disco achievement also. I see that the on/off button still works :D
Great app, it reminded me that I have a smartphone and I can do a lot of stuff with it :)

Reactions: slackydroid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Phonechievements is back

Phonechievements (latest version 1.35)

About

Phonechievements brings achievements to the mobile phone. For those who are gamers the concept isn't new, for those who are not, achievements are just rewards you get for accomplishing a goal. You don't get an actual prize, it's just a form of reward that you get in writing. Moreover, this app allows you to brag on Facebook with them (for now).

Open the app and navigate through the list. Each achievement has a description on how you can unlock it. Want to let everyone know how you master the phone? Share on Facebook the unlocked achievements. Just open the app and go to the achievement and a Facebook logo button will allow you to do that.

With each update new features and of course new phonechievements will be added.

If you like the idea and want to help me improve or have any suggestions for new achievements, please check it out.

The app is available for Android 2.0+. If you find any issues please let me know so I can fix them.
    Thank you.

Screenshots

lCRqS15.png
    PEPcCti.png
    iyZJpjj.png
    r6dEfNG.png
    O5bt2Ru.png
    dpYDAB6.png
    jzWtw5q.png

Download

Google Play Download Link

Current Features

• More than 70 unlockable achievements in 6 categories (more to come)
    • Share unlocked achievements on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus
    • Show/hide unlocked achievements
    • Statusbar notification on phonechievement unlocked
    • Possibility to hide individual achievements
    • Option to switch GPS query ON/OFF (if you keep GPS on from android settings the you most probably want tot keep it OFF in the app)
    • Sync your profile online (check what you have synced on http://phonechievements.com/profile/yourchosennickname/) - for now an ugly 10 minutes of code website will appear. The nice one is under construction. This is just for checking purposes
    • Share online profile with most of the sharing apps installed
    • Profile forum signature:
      E.g.:

Code:
      [PLAIN][URL="http://phonechievements.com/profile/Nightfly89/"][IMG]http://phonechievements.com/profile/Nightfly89/sign/[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

Social

Follow on Facebook

IMPORTANT

IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU ALWAYS USE THE SYNC OPTION BEFORE DOING AN UPDATE AND ALSO ON A REGULAR BASIS. AFTER YOU UPDATED THE APP IF YOU EXPERIENCE LOSS OF STATS OR ACHIEVEMENTS USE THE SYNC OPTION AGAIN TO RECOVER THEM FROM THE SYNC SERVER

Other projects by us

SOZ Game
    1.22 comes with new goodies

What's new

* Added new category: We are stronger together
    * Added new phonechievement: All for one and one for all
    * Added a new Hidded phonechievement
    * Added changelog: You are reading it now :)
    * Added preference to show or not show the changelog after app update
    * Fixed a minor issue with the ABC phonechievement
    1.37 is out

What's new

* Added new phonechievements: Sea Of Words, Storm Cloud, All For One And Many More For All, Phones Are Deprecated, Remote Controller
    * Added preparations for referral system
    1.21 is here

What's new

* Added new phonechievement: ABC
    * Fixed the notification so it will take you to the unlocked phonechievement when you tap it
    * Other fixes
    * Added some debugging info for the settings activity to help solve a reported issue
    Slackdroid...

Please don't stop to give us more updates...

I believe that i speak for all...We really love your app...

I am working on some features for the app and also on some achievements. In this weekend I will release a new update. I won't stop :)