modem hack for Chinese OPO to enable 3G

Search This thread

TimY22

Apr 17, 2009
near Paris
Hi minimoi91,
My opo from lenteen is working fine with B&You.
The issue in France is about the band 20 (800) not supported by international or chinese version.

Envoyé de mon One en utilisant Tapatalk

huxark

May 18, 2013
my OPO chinese version is not working with 4G Orange Romania network.
3G Vodafone works just fine. I selected LTE/WCDMA from the test menu; there are a lot of options present there.
I did not try flashing the modem firmware yet, as I did the test with a friend's 4G simcard. I currently do not have a 4G subscription and will not for some time.
The vendor did flash CM11s on it before shipping.

Last edited:

minimoi91

Jun 22, 2010
Hi TimY22,

I'm with BouyguesTelecom. My connection is good and i got the 4G. But sometimes i feel that i lost the connection, there is a lot of disconnection during a call, for half a second.

I don't know if it comes from my operator (i never had this kind of disconnection with my Galaxy S4) of from my modem...

gghibli

Jan 18, 2011
So, my phone frequencies match my carrier Frequencies and everything looked good but still for some reason it only worked on 2g.
Even if I went to mobile networks and chose 3g or 4g it still only connected with 2g.

Instead of flashing a new modem (which was my next step if I failed, I didn't) I entered the technician menu (surprised no one tried that) *#*#4636#*#*, went to phone information, and selected wcdma preferred. I then rebooted my phone and everything worked ever since.

Hope it will help other people as well.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

After selected wcdma preferred did you save and if yes how?

dankatz1

Dec 15, 2009
Sorry can explain more detailed exactly what i have to select? what i tried wasnt giving me an option in just selecting wcdma.
i hope i can get it working as well?!

After you dial *#*#4636#*#* it will open a menu.
Choose phone information. Then scroll down to the first drop down menu and choose from it wcdma preferred.
After that reboot your phone. See photos for example.l where it say currently gsm only and from the menu you can change it to wcdma preferred.
Hopefully will work for you.
1405686425523.jpg
1405686481008.jpg

After selected wcdma preferred did you save and if yes how?

Nope. Didn't saved anything. After choosing wcdma preferred I rebooted my phone and everything working ever since.
If it's not working, try enforcing it by choosing wcdma only (and reboot).

Really hope it would work for you too.

okfahmy

Mar 5, 2008
Solution for Call / SMS failure on CM11 flashed Chinese OPO

I have the same problem. At the moment I try all things (modem hack etc). Nothings works.

I have simply changed the preferred network type to 2G, calling and SMS work fine now. Still looking for a solution to have 3G and 4G!

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Where can I get the european modem?
I flashed cm11s on my one from china, but I can't do calls/messeging/internet.

Set the preferred network type to 2G and see if everything works fine. It worked for me.

dankatz1

Dec 15, 2009
I have simply changed the preferred network type to 2G, calling and SMS work fine now. Still looking for a solution to have 3G and 4G!

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Everybody already had 2g working. The point of this thread is to make 3g and 4g working in the compatible bands.

Surprisingly what worked for me worked for my brother in law and a friend as well, isn't working for others so far unless nobody reported anything.
Xda have a lot of lurkers.

Last edited:

okfahmy

Mar 5, 2008
Everybody already had 2g working. The point of this thread is to make 3g and 4g working in the compatible bands.

Surprisingly what worked for me worked for my brother in law and a friend as well, isn't working for others so far unless nobody reported anything.
Xda have a lot of lurkers.

You missed my point, some guys were stuck without being able to make a call or send an SMS. 2G selection solves the problem for them. I didn't want to be another lurker!

dankatz1

Dec 15, 2009
You missed my point, some guys were stuck without being able to make a call or send an SMS. 2G selection solves the problem for them. I didn't want to be another lurker!

1st good point about the 2g.
2nd, I didn't suggested that you are a lurker, what I meant that some people just read, taking solutions, and never report anything.

okfahmy

Mar 5, 2008
1st good point about the 2g.
2nd, I didn't suggested that you are a lurker, what I meant that some people just read, taking solutions, and never report anything.

No worries, I didn't mean that as well. I have flashed the hacked modem, no success with 3G yet. Actually the original CM11 modem was more stable, the hacked modem causes the device to reboot when 3G or 4G are selected. I will flash the Available modems one by one and update.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Where can I get the european modem?
I flashed cm11s on my one from china, but I can't do calls/messeging/internet.

Set the preferred network type to 2G, it should work fine, but only 2G. At least you will be able to use the phone functions!

Reactions: dankatz1

reinerlee

Mar 20, 2010
You guys could try out the cm11 snapshot m8.

it works flawlessly on my china OPO.

for the gapps. flash the micro package. cause the google camera will replace the AOSP camera and it keeps showing can't connect camera.

KevinSung28

Jul 22, 2014
Can anyone please post an English procedure on how to do the hack for China Unicom 3G?

I can't understand the Chinese even with Google Translate.

sporksnail

Jul 24, 2014
I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know if flashing this modem can enable LTE band 20?

I have the international version of the One (in Europe), and it would be really helpful to have band 20. I only ask because the OP suggested this modem might be ripped from the Oppo Find 7, and as I understand it the Find 7 supports band 20! :cyclops:

TecQuality

Feb 4, 2009
Trieste
After you dial *#*#4636#*#* it will open a menu.
Choose phone information. Then scroll down to the first drop down menu and choose from it wcdma preferred.
After that reboot your phone. See photos for example.l where it say currently gsm only and from the menu you can change it to wcdma preferred.
Hopefully will work for you.
View attachment 2858076
View attachment 2858077

i tried, but you cannot save the new settings, after reboot i got back the default option ...

Nope. Didn't saved anything. After choosing wcdma preferred I rebooted my phone and everything working ever since.
If it's not working, try enforcing it by choosing wcdma only (and reboot).

Really hope it would work for you too.

i tried, but you cannot save the new settings, after reboot i got back the default option ...

kaifeng_wu

Feb 11, 2007
LG G8X ThinQ
I tried everything that shows on onplus forum and they don't work with my windmobile network. I flashed modem, or the hack for color os 1.2 0630. They just don't work.....

G

GuestK00430

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know if flashing this modem can enable LTE band 20?

I have the international version of the One (in Europe), and it would be really helpful to have band 20. I only ask because the OP suggested this modem might be ripped from the Oppo Find 7, and as I understand it the Find 7 supports band 20! :cyclops:

This is a question that has ALWAYS been on my mind. Are the Find 7/a basebands directly compatible with the OPO? Is it possible to reflash the OPO with the Find 7/a basebands and modify LTE bands? I'm quite new to the whole modem concept, but don't they use the same modem? Also seeing as how the Find 7/a is made by the same parent company, surely it can't be that bad?

okfahmy

Mar 5, 2008
The posts on official forum show that opo int dose work with t-mobile. I'm so confused now. Coz OPO said there's no hardware difference between Int version and chn version.
This is a good news to start with! If there is no hardware difference then it will be a matter of time to find a solution. Keep following up!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought I might post this in its own thread as it might save people time when they get their Chinese OPOs and notice WCDMA doesn't work..

For all those who don't know, the Chinese OPO does not support WCDMA/FDDLTE in its stock software configuration. You need to swap out the modem to a hacked modem in order to get the feature to work.

I believe the modem attached was pulled from a Find 7, I've tested it, it works. It has been running pretty well for the last week or so but I'll have to test it over the coming weeks to see how reliable it is. They claim 2G/3G but no 4G. 3G/2G works.

hacked modem

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bnAeztt (run through google translate)

For further info (google translate required) :

http://www.oneplusbbs.com/thread-304186-1-1.html
    Thanks for the info!

I have chinese OPO using on T-Mobile in Hungary. 2G/3G/4G are working out of the box, just for you information.
    So, my phone frequencies match my carrier Frequencies and everything looked good but still for some reason it only worked on 2g.
    Even if I went to mobile networks and chose 3g or 4g it still only connected with 2g.

Instead of flashing a new modem (which was my next step if I failed, I didn't) I entered the technician menu (surprised no one tried that) *#*#4636#*#*, went to phone information, and selected wcdma preferred. I then rebooted my phone and everything worked ever since.

Hope it will help other people as well.

All-

This is the hacked modem for China OPO that supports China Unicom networks.

I have made cwm zip for easiler install as CM would override the modem during OTA upgrades.

This modem comes from the chinese oneplus forum. See link: http://www.oneplusbbs.com/thread-429139-1-1.html

Code:
    http://speedy.sh/ddWNw/OPOHackedModem.zip

I have tried other networks with the modem from the ColorOS or CM rom, seems there is no restriction on WCDMA for other networks.
    to confirm for myself and others outside of China. if we are to flash cm11s official over color os, we do not need to flash this modem to enable the 3g/4g bands. right?

According to what sasalove and others have said, it seems that flashing a hacked modem is unnecessary for those of you who live outside of China. Perhaps a moderator could rename this thread to 'WCDMA for Chinese OPO on Chinese networks'.