Anti-finger print coating?

Search This thread

thepktrckt

Feb 19, 2013
Has anyone noticed that the S5 doesn't pickup fingerprints as easily as it's predecessors? I've used the Note 2 and S4 and had to constantly clean the screen. With my S5 Active I'm noticing I don't have to do it nearly as often, on top of that I think there is a corner of the screen that doesn't have the coating. I kept noticing that my selfie camera was smudged and I just assumed that is where I must grab the phone most often. I finally noticed it's the only part of my screen that smudges easily and repeatedly. I've attached two pics of before and after pressing my finger against the screen, you'll notice it's not uniform to the shape of a finger.

Anyone else notice this? If you have an S5 active, wipe it down with a microfiber cloth and give it a try, I'm curious if it's intentional.

Attachments

• smudge.jpg
    smudge.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 97

Greycloak42

Feb 25, 2011
I've noticed two spots where the coating has already rubbed off. My s2 and s3 had coatings that lasted well over a year. I'm about ready to call in a warranty claim. There is no way that the coating should be coming off already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app