[Boot Animations] & [Live Wallpapers] Nexus Holiday in a variety of colors

Search This thread

JHPadu

Oct 16, 2008
Norrköping
I really want the green one as my wallpaper but in HQ, is there any way you can do that :D:D:D

As a live wallpaper? Well the pictures are 256x256 so it won't be higher quality than the boot animations.
I don't think I have the skills (well maybe, but it would be VERY time consuming) to reproduce the pictures in higher resolution. Maybe I can resize them and make them more crisp if I fiddle around a little in Photoshop.

EDIT: I edited the pictures to make them more crisp at a higher resolution and changed the look a little.
(It's very similar but doesn't look exactly identical to the original images, actually I think it looks even better this way ;b )

I generated a green Live Wallpaper with the Custom Creater script (Thanks Daneshm90)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=739512

Try it out and let me know if you like it. You can experiment with the fps in the settings.
The animation is only using 56 pictures instead of 111 because the maximum number of pictures is 100, but I didn't get it to work with 100 or even 99.

The left is a original picture and the right one is the new look.
Both at 480x800 (the screen resolution on N1)
Original.png
NewLook.png

Full size .gif preview of the new style

NEW VERSION OF THE GREEN BOOT ANIMATION

I have added a new version of the boot animation. But only the GREEN for now, if you wanna try it out. If you like it and want an other color let me know.
It's in the GreenHolidayBoot folder linked to in the first post as well as in this post.

I tried the new style and it looked quite good. However, the size of the boot animation was about 10 MB and would barely make it trough a whole cycle before the phone is booted up. xD
But when reducing the number of pictures from 111 to 56, and then of course change the fps to half (from 30 fps to 15 fps to get the same speed) it will work better.
Some that are picky (and because they know it's less frames) may think it looks a little choppy because of the reduced number of frames in the animation. However I DON'T think it looks choppy. A little slow at the start, but I think it's about the same as before.

Attachments

• AccentedNexusHoliday_Green_LiveWallpaper.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 74
  • NEW_Style_GreenHolidayBoot.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 219
Last edited:

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
Love your boot animation, do you think you will be updating it to work with pershoots new 2.6.34.6 kernel. Just installed the new kernel and when trying to install your boot animation it says installation aborted.
Thanks

JHPadu

Oct 16, 2008
Norrköping
Love your boot animation, do you think you will be updating it to work with pershoots new 2.6.34.6 kernel. Just installed the new kernel and when trying to install your boot animation it says installation aborted.
Thanks

Sorry but I wouldn't know what to change. There's not really any code in a boot animation, just a few parameters. Have you tried other boot animations to see if they work properly with his new kernel?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I made a cyan version of the Holiday Nexus boot animation and thought I'd share it here.

I uploaded both a bootanimation.zip to adb push to the system/media/ folder, and a update.zip (CyanHolidayBoot.zip) to flash through the recovery menu.
    You can use the method you prefer.

Update: I made some other colors too.
    The files named 'bootanimation.zip' should be adb pushed, and the 'ColorHolidayBoot.zip' files are flashable in the recovery menu.

Update 2: I've made a version ('ColorSmallBoot_480x256.zip') where the cross isn't scaled up and therefore are more crisp and clear but smaller.
    The cross is about the size of the original Nexus One boot animation.
    I just made zip-files that you can flash in the recovery menu. If you want the bootanimation.zip to push you can pull it out from the zip-file.
    Also I made this all kinda quick and have only tried out the cyan version, so if there's something wrong with the files let me know.

Update 3: A new version that's rapidly flashing between cyan, yellow, green and yellow. Looks kinda sick and psychedelic haha

Update 4: Green Live Wallpaper and Boot Animation with a new look.
    Full size picture comparison of the old look and new style and a full size .gif preview of the new style

Update 5: New Style boot animations and live wallpapers for all colors. (No live wallpaper for Flashing Colors version)

The live wallpapers was generated with the Custom Creater script.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=739512
    thanks Daneshm90

The regular size versions will look a little blurry on the phone because the pictures will be stretched out 4x the size there.
    Try the small version or the new style version if you think it's too blurry.

30fps001.gif

Full size picture comparison of the old look and new style and a full size .gif preview of the new style

Code:
    adb remount
    adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media/
    adb reboot

Live Wallpapers (only in new style version)

Cyan Live Wallpaper

Green Live Wallpaper

Red Live Wallpaper

Yellow Live Wallpaper

White Live Wallpaper

Boot Animations

Cyan Boot Animations

Green Boot Animations

Red Boot Animations

Yellow Boot Animations

White Boot Animations

Flashing Colors Boot Animations Probably not good for people who are epileptic!

Attached pictures are in quite poor quality. There are better previews in the different boot animation folders.
    could you share the miui animation too? :D

Yeah, sure here it is.
    It's nothing flashy, just the regular MIUI bootanimation but with black background and no droid.

00080.png