[KERNEL][ARC/ARC S] DooMKernel {GB} [Rel:v22][Dt:30/APRIL][FW:.42/.58/.62]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nöt

Mar 20, 2011
ok... try the following:

reflash original FW and then try if market apps are visible...

then flash kernel and try same thing...

if the problem persists then i have an idea wht must be causing it...

BTW whts the original SI/CDA number of ur device

The apps are visible, when i press download it tries to start the download. I can see the % meter. But it never starts and just closes.

SI/CDA number?

nöt

Mar 20, 2011
that behavior is not kernel related ;)

Nope, cause its not working with stock rom now.

I cant download swiftkey or screenshot. Can it be that simple that its cause i dont have wifi?
Then thats stupid. Had me reflash my phone and restore backups etc for 2 days now.

edit: But i never noticed that problem when I had doomkernel V4.

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
DooMKernel (v09) Released!

[ new features ]

• added new bootup CPU thresholding, device will no longer jump to max freq for initial few seconds (might help some device who have booting issues)
  • improved init.d support, now scripts in /system/etc/init.d will automatically be given correct permissions and be executed (this will not correct/fix the errors which might be inherently present in the script)
  • corrected VDD control to show only those frequencies which are enabled in CPU-freq table

download links at first post!

icon8.gif

ENJOY!

Last edited:

ShyamSasi

Dec 10, 2010
CLASSIFIED

[ new features ]

• added new bootup CPU thresholding, device will no longer jump to max freq for initial few seconds (might help some device who have booting issues)
  • improved init.d support, now scripts in /system/etc/init.d will automatically be given correct permissions and be executed (this will not improve the errors which might be inherently present in the script)
  • corrected VDD control to show only those frequencies which are enabled in CPU-freq table

icon8.gif

ENJOY!

Flashed the new Kernel .. Everything works fine :)

hygge

Oct 1, 2009
can you play with it to have more ram ! because i saw some did that in LG O2X
-http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t-122049
-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1078846
:rolleyes:

Allot of RAM is most like reserved for camera and radio, that was the case on the old Xperia X1. I remeber the RAM could be recovered on the X1 by reallocating the camera memory as free available memory but that would make the camera non functional.

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne

[ new features ]

• improved init.d support, now scripts in /system/etc/init.d will automatically be given correct permissions and be executed (this will not correct/fix the errors which might be inherently present in the script)

icon8.gif

ENJOY!

Kernel working so well except the cpu still load to maximum freq, however the interval is too short ( "9ms" instead "468ms" compared with last v8 kernel)
I tested via setCPU

nöt

Mar 20, 2011
Just gotta tell you that the market problem was actually because I didnt have wifi.
Works fine now after I bought a wifi router.
Never heard of that problem before.

And thanks for the good work! :)

Okluzhion

Aug 7, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
Thank you for your hard work, DooMLoRD, the newest version works as expected :) I have a question, though. In the previous versions of the kernel I did not have the init.d folder, but now I do. How come?

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Thank you for your hard work, DooMLoRD, the newest version works as expected :) I have a question, though. In the previous versions of the kernel I did not have the init.d folder, but now I do. How come?

well thats wht the kernel (ramdisk) does ;)

if u are interested in wht all is happening u can check the file:
/sbin/sysinitsupport.sh

SimonZ

Jan 14, 2007
Imola
v09

Perfect! the best nice boot picture, not jump @ 1900MHz when start, right frequencies showed in incredicontrol... Thank you Doom, WELL DONE!

X3R0

Jul 9, 2008
i always end up in some bootloops when using this kernel. tried all since v4. just tested v9 - bootloop again....

my phone: unlocked bootloader. generic uk .368 firmware. busybox 1.16.2 in /system/xbin/
-> everything is fine when using stock kernel...

what i did today:

flashed v9 (md5 is ok - checked again before flashing) - BOOTLOOP (I see the boot logo - it stays for about 1 or 2min then blank screen and again the boot logo...........)

then I flashed again v9: BOOTLOOP

then I flashed stock .368 kernel: booted and everything is ok.

I don't have scripts in the init.d folder...
I flashed the boot.img with this command: "fastboot flash boot boot.img"...

Sometimes i get it booted - but then my phone freezes after some hours (no overclocking!) and then i get the bootloops again...

what am i doing wrong? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---[ UPDATES ]---

changelog for DooMKernel v22 (FW 4.0.2.A.0.42/.58/.62) posted here

---[ UPDATES ]---

Full touch recovery!!!

[ tips / recommendations ]

1. for optimal results it is HIGHLY recommended to use -36 baseband with corresponding libs... the baseband files and libs can be found here:
      http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1382657
      (thank you Iris!)

2. for better battery life try undervolting... start off in steps of -25mV and see which is stable for u... for my ARC -100mV was stable...

3. before u report any battery drain issues please read this:
      [GUIDE] HOW-TO Properly Evaluate Battery Life and Provide Useful Reports

4. [USB-OTG] NTFS partitions in read/write mode

[ intro ]

hello guys!

this kernel will be useful for a lot of ppl using stock SE 4.0.2.A.0.42/.58/.62 FW...

Thank you Rycon33, tRippinthehead, harfot, babygau, IvanZn, SimonZ, AmitPeri, erwin929, DitoPower, frelle218, zangetsu2188, vulkanxxv, cowxie , silicon1138 & loderis for u kind donations :)

[ special thanks to ]

Thank you guys for ur help! this would not have been possible without ur help!

[ screenshots ]

arc-dk-17-1.png
    vr-bfq.png
    arc-dk-10-4.png

arc-dk-17-2.png
    arc-dk-17-3.png

vdd_control.jpg

[ disclaimer ]

OVERCLOCKING CAN BE DANGEROUS! U RISK THE HARDWARE GETTING DAMAGED!
    PROCEED WITH CAUTION! U HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ WARNING ]

"Partition SDCard" option in CWM5 WILL WIPE UR SDCARD!!!

[ features ]

• [v22 onwards] updated ramdisk scripts to correct superuser permission and to properly install busybox (1.18.4 full) in /system/xbin/
    • [v22 onwards] re-enabled debug sysfs
    • [v22 onwards] updated to patched ZRAM (thanks to faux123) [details on how to use it, here is a recovery flashable update.zip to enable it]
    • [v22 onwards] added Fugeswap to lowmemorykiller (thanks to LeeDroid-)
    • [v22 onwards] removed GPU overclock
    • [v22 onwards] bootup CPU frequency fix-up now at kernel level so no more need for having two separate versions of same kernels (1.6 GHz and 2.0 GHz), both are now merged into one :D
    • [v22 onwards] merged 4.0.2.A.0.58 & 4.0.2.A.0.62 FW kernel sources (not really any major changes)
    • [v21 ] testing GPU OC
    • [v21 onwards] reverted back to 2.6.32.9 stable sources
    • [v20-BootManger-v2 ] test kernel with 2.6.32.58 upstream patches
    • [v19-BootManger-v2 onwards] added BootManager v2.0 to kernel ramdisk
    • [v19-BootManger-v2 onwards] added GPU overclocking! -raised lower GPU clock to 245 Mhz (initially 192 Mhz) & upper GPU clock to 365 Mhz (initially 245 Mhz)
    • [v19-BootManger-v2 onwards] increased dedicated GPU memory to 4MB (initially 2 MB)
    • [v18-FIX1-modCWM-v5 onwards] fixed busybox issue - if the user has installed busybox in /system/xbin/ then that busybox will be given preference over busybox at /sbin/
    • [v18-FIX1-modCWM-v5 onwards] added my team's (Team UtterChaos) FULL TOUCH RECOVERY!!! (more details here)
    • [v18-FIX1 onwards] reverted few changes to give back 10MB RAM to camera, to fix this issue
    • [v18 onwards] reclaimed 20 MB more RAM!!! (thanks to jerpelea)
    • [v18 onwards] fixed 184 MHz freq not showing up in cpu freq selection
    • [v18 onwards] added ZRAM driver
    • [v18 onwards] added CleanCache driver
    • [v17-FIX2 onwards] REVERTED to stock voltages (till 1.4Ghz freq) - hopefully this should resolve random reboots faced by some users
    • [v17-FIX onwards] REVERTED all governors to pre v17 - hopefully this should solve the governors misbehaving
    • [v17 onwards] changes in cpufreq driver & cpu freq table
    • [v17 onwards] incorporated "Workaround to 0% battery issue" (modified battery driver) - thanks to Bazoocaze
    • [v17 onwards] incorporated small fix so that on ARC S the device will boot at 1.4Ghz as bootup max speed
    • [v17 onwards] tuned all governors to new cpufreq table
    • [v16-tests onwards] testing battery drain issue
    • [v15-modCWM-v04 onwards] updated recovery to modCWM-v04 TouchEdition Recovery
    • [v15 onwards] added fully working two way call recording
    • [v15 onwards] added CPU governors:
      • BrazilianWax
      • Smoothass
      • Lagfree
    • [v15 onwards] added I/O scheduler: Simple I/O (sio)
    • [v15 onwards] added SLQB memory allocator (and set it as default)
    • [v15 onwards] added TinyRCU along with fixes (and set it as default)
    • [v15 onwards] bumped BFQ to v2-r1
    • [v15 onwards] added Stochastic Fair Blue Net scheduler
    • [v15 onwards] bumped jHASH to v3
    • [v15 onwards] increased VM max readahead to 512kb
    • [v15 onwards] some patches to fix kernel memory leaks
    • [v15 onwards] minor fix to display the kernel version info correctly in "About Phone"
    • [v15 onwards] added some mounting tweaks
    • [v15 onwards] added support for bootsounds (currently broken on stock rom but same code works perfectly on CM7 so i will work more on this later)
    • [v15 onwards] added some tweaks for sdcard performance, Virtual Memory teaks, task killer tweaks
    • [v15 onwards] added support for userinit scripts:
      • if sd-ext is mounted then it will execute /sd-ext/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /sd-ext/userinit.d/ folder
      • also scripts in /data/local/ will be executed... it will execute /data/local/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /data/local/userinit.d/ folder
    • [v14 onwards] minor changes in my modified CWM recovery (modCWM-v3)
    • [v14 onwards] major cleaning of kernel sources (cleaned defconfigs using FXP defconfigs as reference)
    • [v14 onwards] TESTING: reverted some changes in kernel sources to older FW kernel sources to test if the issue of increased battery drain is resolved
    • [v14 onwards] compiled using newest gcc-4.6.2-(2011.10) linaro toolchain with O4 optimizations
    • [v14 onwards] changed kernel version string to "-DooMKernel" (will require specific modules)
    • [v13-modCWM-v2 onwards] few changes in my modified CWM recovery
    • [v13-modCWM-v2 onwards] shifted to 4.0.2.A.0.42 ramdisk (should solve some issues faced by users)
    • [v13 onwards] shifted to 4.0.2.A.0.42 kernel sources
    • [v13 onwards] now using my own modified version of CWM recovery with "Fix Permissions" and "Partition SDcard" support and some cleanup in menu (for ease of use)
    • [v12 onwards] shifted to 4.0.2.A.0.9 kernel sources
    • [v12 onwards] removed undervolting, now using stock kernel voltages (will improve stability on all devices)
    • [v12 onwards] modified recovery to support /sd-ext backup/restore (remember /sd-ext has to be the 2nd partition on ur sdcard [mmcblk0p2] for this to work)
    • [v12 onwards] corrected issues "high lcd brightness when in recovery"
    • [v11 onwards] new DooMKernel Logo - thanks to pvyParts (and thanks to Flava0ne for fixing it for Xperia 2011 line)
    • [v11 onwards] cool button-backlight notification to tell u when to spam keys for entering recovery [only spam the button when u see the backlight active]
    • [v11 onwards] now supports Xperia ARC S too!
    • [v11 onwards] updated recovery to CWM v5.0.2.6 FreeXperia Team
    • [v11 onwards] added lower voltages (more undervolt) new voltage table
    • [v11 onwards] added new Max frequency: :eek::p 2.0Ghz :p:eek:
    • [v11 onwards] added FULL USB-OTG support! [Keyboard + Mouse + USB-Storage] (no need to use any modules anymore :) ) [for exact usb-storage mounting commands refer to this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1224676]
    • [v11 onwards] updated integrated SuperUser app to v3.0.5
    • [v10 onwards] compiled using toolchain gcc-4.4.3 (might improve kernel performance)
    • [v10 onwards] added new CPU governors:
      • InteractiveX
      • Savaged-Zen
      • SmartAssV2
    • [v09-FIX onwards] fixed sysinit support
    • [v09-FIX onwards] enabled /system/etc/install-recovery.sh execution
    • [v09 onwards] added new bootup CPU thresholding, device will no longer jump to max freq for initial few seconds (might help some device who have booting issues)
    • [v09 onwards] improved init.d support, now scripts in /system/etc/init.d will automatically be given correct permissions and be executed (this will not correct/fix the errors which might be inherently present in the script)
    • [v09 onwards] corrected VDD control to show only those frequencies which are enabled in CPU-freq table
    • [v08 onwards] added new logo!! Thanks to soheil_rf
    • [v08 onwards] added I/O Schedulers:
      • V(R)
      • BFQ
    • [v08 onwards] added CPU Governors:
      • Smartass
      • Scary
      • MinMax
    • [v08 onwards] enabled NLS_UTF8
    • [v07 onwards] added user-level/runtime CPU voltage control [VDD control "sysfs interface"] (for more info keep checking this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16610299&postcount=362)
    • [v07 onwards] added Interactive CPU Governor
    • [v07 onwards] added new Max frequency: :eek: 1.9Ghz :eek:
    • [v07 onwards] added lots of intermediate frequencies (from 122Mhz to 1.9Ghz for almost every 100/120Mhz there is a select-able frequency)
    • [v06 onwards] updated recovery related scripts to resolve mounting issue
    • [v06 onwards] added cpu freq thresholds to throttle CPU speeds to stock values when inside recovery
    • [v06 onwards] corrected adb issues (in both OS & recovery)
    • [v06 onwards] added lots of intermediate frequencies
    • [v05-FIX onwards] updated recovery related scripts to resolve mounting issue
    • [v05-FIX onwards] added cpu freq thresholds to throttle CPU speeds to stock values when inside recovery
    • [v05 onwards] updated recovery to CWM v4.0.1.4 FreeXperia Team [it is recommended to use v05-FIX and above]
    • [v05 onwards] {ramdisk tweak} /sd-ext also symlinked to /mnt/sd-ext
    • [v05 onwards] enabled SWAP support
    • [v05 onwards] enabled CDROM filesystem support in kernel (now u can mount ISO files)
    • [v04 onwards] enabled a few I/O Schedulers
      • noop
      • Anticipatory
      • Deadline (default)
      • CFQ
    • [v04 onwards] enabled ARM THUMBEE extensions
    • [v03 onwards] added new LOGO... no more boring SE TEXT logo ;)
    • [v02 onwards] under/overclocked from 128Mhz to 1.862Ghz [NOT UNDERVOLTED] (for sake of safe booting the device will always boot at min 245Mhz / max 1024Mhz)
    • [v02 onwards] init.d scripts/binaries execution support
    • [v02 onwards] enabled support (in kernel) for many file systems
      • EXT2
      • EXT3
      • EXT4
      • NTFS (Read & Write)
    • [v02 onwards] enabled NFS (client & server) support in kernel
    • [v02 onwards] enabled CIFS support in kernel
    • [v02 onwards] enabled access to kernel .config (can be pulled from /proc/config.gz)
    • [v02 onwards] enabled TUN/TAP driver support (integrated in kernel) [VPN support]
    • [v02 onwards] USB-OTG support (already enabled in SE FW)
    • [v01 onwards] autorooting (prerooted)
      • kernel is insecure (ro.secure=0)
      • su binary & superuser.apk will automatically be installed by kernel :D (thanks to Bin4ry for posting the file RootXperia.zip; i have used the superuser files from his zip)
      • busybox already installed in /sbin/
      • [v03 onwards] busybox will get copied to /system/xbin/ if its not present there
      • adb server is persistent
      • usb debugging enabled
      • rootfs and /system mounted as rw (thank you Blagus for the tip ;))
    • [v01 onwards] CWM recovery (Thanks to FreeXperia team)
    • enabled IPTABLES/NETFILTER support

[ NOTICE ]

• since i have changed the kernel version string stock wifi modules will no longer work on my kernel...
    • if u try to enable them on new kernel (v14 onwards) u will get "ERROR" while starting WIFI...
    • i will be providing modules for my kernel which HAVE TO BE FLASHED VIA RECOVERY for wifi/bt (and other things) to work correctly
    • stock modules will also be provided which again will have to be flashed via recovery if u want to return to stock kernel OR if u revert to older v13 or lower kernels

• remember i have already told this to u guys... if i see some users reporting that wifi is giving error because u did not follow my instructions ur post WILL BE IGNORED....

[ credits for features ]

thank you all for ur work!

[ requirements ]

details regarding recovery and how to enter recovery

[ how to install my kernel (v14 onwards) ]

1. download the boot.img & modules update.zip
    2. save the boot.img in the folder with fastboot binaries (fastboot.exe files)
    3. save the modules update.zip to sdcard (on phone)
    4. power down device
    5. start device in fastboot mode
    6. use the following command to flash the boot.img
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    7. reboot phone and enter recovery
    8. flash the wifi modules update.zip for my kernel
    9. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel ;)

[ how to get back to stock kernel OR older versions of my kernel (v13 and lower) ]

1. download the stock modules update.zip
    2. extract the kernel.sin (or boot.img if u want to flash my older kernels) file from the stock FTF u used to flash this fimware
    3. save the kernel.sin (or boot.img if u want to flash my older kernels) in the folder with fastboot binaries (fastboot.exe files)
    4. save the modules update.zip to sdcard (on phone)
    5. reboot phone and enter recovery
    6. flash the stock modules update.zip
    7. power down device
    8. start device in fastboot mode
    9. use the following command to flash the kernel.sin (or boot.img if u want to flash my older kernels)
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot kernel.sin
    10. reboot phone and thats it u should now be on stock kernel (or my older kernel)

FOR OVERCLOCKING
    1. start SetCPU/NoFrills CPU Control app on ur Arc (or any other app which supports overclocking) (u may get a popup asking for SuperUser permissions, click ok/yes/allow)
    2. now slowly increase the MAX slider to the right (one notch at a time) to increase the maximum frequency limit
    3. DO NOT JUMP TO THE LAST POSSIBLE FREQUENCY
    4. SLOWLY increase the frequency one notch at a time and do stability/testing for few hours

[ my kernel sources ]

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/Xperia-2011-Kernel-2.6.32.9

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

FreeXperia PROJECT: if you want to support FreeXperia PROJECT (CyanogenMod device maintainers for Xperia 2011 phones) you can donate
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YJ7AK6HLAVNHU

[ downloads ]

KINDLY DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

<NEW>

[ARC/ARC S] DooMKernel (v22) (FW: .42/.58/.62)
    [ MD5HASH: 3114616d956ab41c0045b1f2629fc1fd ]

MODULES for DooMKernel (v22)

MODULES for stock kernel or DooMKernel (v13 and lower)

<OLD>

OLD FILES FOR FW: 4.0.1.A.0.283/4.0.2.A.0.42/.58/.62

Older Releases [FW: 4.0.A.2.368]
    Older Releases [FW: 3.0.1.A.0.145/146/148]

[ DooMKernel Signature banners!!! ]

If you like to use my kernels and u want to show the world that u use it/love it ;), then you can add this banner to you signature!!!

doomkernel-sig.png

Just copy the following code and paste it in you USER CP under "Edit Signature":
    HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1172885"][IMG]http://icxperia.com/doomlord/doomkernel-sig.png[/IMG][/URL]

[ for modders/themers/others ]

hey guys here i am attaching a template update.zip which has been tested to work on the recovery provided here... u can add ur stuff to that file and edit the updater-script so that the u can flash ur files via this recovery...
    basically it contains the correct combination of update-binary & mounting syntax...

this file is NOT required for normal/general users

TEMPLATE UPDATE.ZIP (v1)

icon8.gif

cheers!
    BootManager

Boot Manager for Xperia 2011 devices based on ClockworkMod recovery source.​
    Credits and special thanks to Koush and everyone else involved in Cyanogenmod project!​

IMG_1124.JPG

[ info ]

The bootmanager will reside on the main kernel of the device and will provide u with access to multiple recoveries! This is a continuation of my work from Xperia X10 BootManager, that is why the version number begins from 2.0 ;).

ONLY FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS

[ credits / special thanks ]

• Koush - for the brilliant work & coding on CWM recovery
    • Napstar - for doing most of the work on Touch capabilities for CWM recovery
    • zdzihu - for xRecovery v1.0.0 sources! (this is based on modified xRecovery v1.0.0 sources)
    • jerpelea and FreeXperia Team - for TOO MANY THINGS!!!
    • Androxyde - awesome shell scripting which powers the recovery triggers (for keypress) and recovery switching
    • soheil_rf - for background image & signature/banner
    • Frosty666 for the LED triggers

[ features ]

1. Multiple recoveries (more info below)
    2. Keypress based entry - based on the keypress u can select which recovery u want to boot into (more info below)
    3. Theme support! - I know that most of u like to theme every aspect of the device, so I thought why not have this for BootManager! (more info below)
    4. on-screen TouchBased navigation buttons!
    5. Execute Custom Script ability - this will allow devs/modders/users to execute custom scripts right from BootManager (more info below)
    6. adb is active in BootManager and sdcard is automounted at /sdcard
    7. Build time-stamp & Current kernel info displayed at startup! - this should be helpful for users to identify which kernel is currently on the device
    8. soft reboot for all recoveries! - say u hit some option in a recovery by mistake (e.g.: start nandroid backup) or if any of the recoveries freezes/crashes then u can hit the POWER button anytime to do a soft reboot (the device WONT reboot, only the active recovery will be killed and restarted) to restart the particular recovery

[ WARNING ]

PLEASE TAKE BACKUP OF SDCARD BEFORE TESTING

[ LIMITATIONS ]

currently we CANNOT flash FTF OR kernel.sin OR boot.img using any recovery, only option is to use FLASHTOOL

[ how to use? ]

• when u see the BLUE LED light up keep pressing BACK key & u will enter BootManager
    • on-screen buttons for touch based navigation

[ Feature: Multiple recoveries ]

Bootmanager includes 3 recoveries:
    1. Full Touch CWM5 Recovery (by my Team UtterChaos)
    2. My modCWM-v4 CWM5 Recovery [DEFAULT]
    3. Official CWM5 Recovery (Thanks to FreeXperia Team)

My modCWM-v4 CWM5 Recovery is the default recovery, i.e. "Reboot into Recovery" action from any app/ROM Manager will take u straight into this default recovery.

how to run a specific version of recovery at boot?

Here are affected keys you can press at boot :

(FOR ARC)

BACK : BootManager
    MENU : Full Touch CWM5 Recovery (by my Team UtterChaos)
    VOLUP : My modCWM-v4 CWM5 Recovery
    VOLDN : Official CWM5 Recovery (Thanks to FreeXperia Team)

(FOR PLAY)

BACK : BootManager
    SEARCH : Full Touch CWM5 Recovery (by my Team UtterChaos)
    PAD-L : My modCWM-v4 CWM5 Recovery
    PAD-R : Official CWM5 Recovery (Thanks to FreeXperia Team)

the PAD-L/PAD-R are the big buttons flanking the volume buttons

how to reboot into a specific recovery from OS?

GScript app is required.

Here are gscript scripts for each function :

BootManager :
    Code:
    cp /system/recovery/KernelDefaultMenu/recovery.desc  /data/local/tmp/recovery
    touch /cache/recovery/boot
    reboot

Official CWM5 Recovery (Thanks to FreeXperia Team):
    Code:
    cp /system/recovery/KernelDefaultCWM1/recovery.desc /data/local/tmp/recovery
    reboot

My modCWM-v4 CWM5 Recovery:
    Code:
    cp /system/recovery/KernelDefaultCWM2/recovery.desc /data/local/tmp/recovery
    reboot

Full Touch CWM5 Recovery (by my Team UtterChaos):
    Code:
    cp /system/recovery/KernelDefaultCWM3/recovery.desc /data/local/tmp/recovery
    reboot

[ Feature: Theme Support! ]

I know that most of u like to theme every aspect of the device, so I thought why not have this for BootManager!

The user can now customize the following in BootManager:
    1. background image
    2. menu color
    3. text color

for this u will need to create the following folder structure on SDCARD: /sdcard/00_bm/res/images/ (those are double zeros in 00_bm)

for customizing do the following
    1. background image
      • image should be PNG format and of size (480x854)
      • it should have the file name: bootmenu_bgk.png
      • save it in the folder /sdcard/00_bm/res/images/
      • so the complete path of this file should be /sdcard/00_bm/res/images/bootmenu_bgk.png

2. menu color
      • u will need to create a comma delimited file which will contain the integer values to control the RED, GREEN, BLUE, ALPHA
      • limit is from 0 to 255
      • example:
        • if u want the menu color to be RED the following should be content of the file:
          Code:
          255, 0, 0, 255
        • if u want the menu color to be GREEN the following should be content of the file:
          Code:
          0, 255, 0, 255
      • it should have the file name: menu-text-color (no extension)
      • save it in the folder /sdcard/00_bm/res/
      • so the complete path of this file should be /sdcard/00_bm/res/menu-text-color

3. text color
      • same as above EXCEPT it should have the file name: normal-text-color (no extension)
      • save it in the folder /sdcard/00_bm/res/
      • so the complete path of this file should be /sdcard/00_bm/res/normal-text-color

WARNING (Regarding Theme Support)

• for these customization to work the files SHOULD BE IN THE CORRECT PATH AND WITH CORRECT FILE NAMEs
    • each of these customization are independent of each other, meaning if u want u can change only one, or both or all of them :)
    • BootManager will check if each of those files are there, if it find them then it will use those, else BootManager will use the default values/image

[ Feature: Execute Custom Script ]

So this option will allow the user to execute a custom script:
    /data/local/tmp/customscript.sh

That shell script MUST have all execute permissions (777)

This will be useful as modders/devs/cooks/users can now execute special scripts right from BootManager

Scenarios where this can be useful:
    1. execute code to boot OS off SDCARD
    2. use ur imagination ;)

[ sources ]

Xperia 2011 Boot Manager @ GITHUB

IF U PLAN TO USE THIS WORK IN UR OWN KERNEL THEN SEND ME A P.M. ON XDA!

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ download link ]

there is no separate download link! BootManager is a part of DooMKernel!!!

please test it out and report back!
    since many users sent me p.m. about this i am just posting here...

the files for DooMKernel v22 are mirrored here:
    Kernel: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390362690511176850
    modules: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390362690511176860
    test kernel DooMKernel v20 released!!

test kernel DooMKernel v20 released!!

[ screenshots ]

arc-dk-20-1.png

[ feature/changelog ]

• updated ramdisk
      • now there will be a small vibration alert to tell the user when to press the recovery entry keys
      • updated full touch recovery:
        • now features "haptic feedback" - when u touch screen the device will vibrate little bit
        • shows battery percentage
        • shows current time (time when the recovery was entered/started)
        • uses new Roboto FONT (from latest CWM repo)
        • recovery build date/time is now shown
        • new "select update.zip menu": it will give u a new option - "show file details" - which will display the size (in bytes) and the MD5SUM of the selected file
        • added prompt to display the "backup folder name" when user starts restoring a backup
        • added a warning and option to abort backup if space on sdcard is < 150 MB
    • updates to kernel (all thanks to the awesome work of krizky82 for his X Kernel)
      • patched the kernel to upstream kernel updates (kernel is now patched to 2.6.32.58)
      • there are many more patches incorporated

this is a test kernel... i want to see if these patches are actually helping out or not... incase there is no real improvement i will revert back the patches...

since the kernel now has many upstream patches the kernel version string has changed... so u will have to flash the new modules to get WIFI to work!!!

[ download links ]

[ARC/ARC S] DooMKernel (v20) with BootManager v2 (FW: .42/.58/.62) [ 2.0Ghz version ] [will show up as #20]
    [ MD5HASH: 1c95c49c4167e2546998f729ead6f621 ]

[ARC/ARC S] DooMKernel (v20) with BootManager v2 (FW: .42/.58/.62) [ 1.6Ghz version ] [will show up as #1020]
    [ MD5HASH: d169a380b2117c302878e30e97f2014e ]

Modules for DooMKernel v20
    [ MD5HASH: 52d0f7b709c76b0988096f2e405334a8 ]

please test out and let me know if there are any improvement!!!

icon8.gif
    I was planning to restart work on the kernel for 2011 devices but when i look around the forum i was extremely disappointed to see "devs" ripping off my kernel sources, not even asking for permissions, then releasing their kernel under their own "tag" and not even bothering to mention my work...

FYI more than 90% of the features of some of these kernels are based off my sources...
    https://github.com/DooMLoRD/Xperia-2011-Kernel-2.6.32.9/commits/master
    https://github.com/DooMLoRD/Xperia-2011-Kernel-2.6.32.9/commits/ics-zeus
    https://github.com/DooMLoRD/Xperia-2011-Kernel-2.6.32.9/commits/ics-mogami
    https://github.com/DooMLoRD/Xperia-2011-Kernel-2.6.32.9/commits/play-cdma

its very easy to port from the same device kernel when all fixes and all the hard work has been done by someone else... being open source doesnt mean that u can just rip off others work,..

do u know how many hours i spent getting the kernel optimized with all the features it has? hundreds of hours and numerous test releases...

i had introduced tons of features into the semc 2011 kernel which people hadnt even thought of before was possible on these devices...

its really shameful to such ripping off sources under the pretext of opensource and not even have the courtesy to acknowledge...

so i have decided that i will not be continuing any further work on these kernels... and will be shutting down all my 2011 devices kernel threads...

regards,

DooMLoRD