[Q]Crazy Wallpaper Issues[Q]

Search This thread

jaaystott

Feb 9, 2011
Chelsea
www.twitter.com
This is starting to really frustrate me now!

When applying a background to my phone, weather it be from the Gallery or integrated wallpapers, sometimes it will jump around on the homescreen. For example I will be in an app, press the home button and on going to the home screen the wallpaper will momentarily zoom in then zoom back out to normal. As this is happening the phone has excessive lag.

I've tried to isolate the issue, thought it might be a bad factory reset but my sister is over this weekend and hers is the same! it doesn't happen when running any applications in particular, it's literally random but when it starts doing it it will keep doing it. Restarting the phone doesn't fix.

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
This is starting to really frustrate me now!

When applying a background to my phone, weather it be from the Gallery or integrated wallpapers, sometimes it will jump around on the homescreen. For example I will be in an app, press the home button and on going to the home screen the wallpaper will momentarily zoom in then zoom back out to normal. As this is happening the phone has excessive lag.

I've tried to isolate the issue, thought it might be a bad factory reset but my sister is over this weekend and hers is the same! it doesn't happen when running any applications in particular, it's literally random but when it starts doing it it will keep doing it. Restarting the phone doesn't fix.

What ROM and wallpaper?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
My bad, should have mentioned. Both of us are 100% stock, just checked my mums is doing it too. Any wallpaper, it doesn't matter.

Weird. I'm on stock and everything is fine... Try downloading a different launcher for now and see if it still happens. Doesn't have to be permanent, this is just for testing purposes.

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
Already tried that too and it doesn't do it. I will try and get a video of it, just depends if they will let me borrow one of their phones.

Get a logcat too if you can. I probably won't be able to read it, but hopefully somebody with more experience will wander by.

jaaystott

Feb 9, 2011
Chelsea
www.twitter.com
Get a logcat too if you can. I probably won't be able to read it, but hopefully somebody with more experience will wander by.

I should know this but been out of the game for a long time, how do I go about getting a logcat? Managed to get a video of it, just transferring it to my phone now.

I heard someone else mentioning they were having these issues, they put it down to an update with google Search, however google Search has since been updated and the issues are persisting.

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
I should know this but been out of the game for a long time, how do I go about getting a logcat? Managed to get a video of it, just transferring it to my phone now.

I heard someone else mentioning they were having these issues, they put it down to an update with google Search, however google Search has since been updated and the issues are persisting.

It's all good. First you'll need adb to be installed. I usually run adb on ubuntu, so I'm not experienced with windows commands.

On ubuntu. open terminal, connect phone, make sure usb debugging is enabled. You'll probably recieve a warning about an RSA fingerprint, which you will accept. Then in terminal, do

sudo su
adb start-server
now cd into whatever directory you want to store your logcat in
Once in the directory, run "adb logcat -v long > wallpaper.txt"
Reporduce the problem
Kill the logcat
Open the text file that was created
Either upload the file or pastebin it and post the link
Done!

jaaystott

Feb 9, 2011
Chelsea
www.twitter.com
It's all good. First you'll need adb to be installed. I usually run adb on ubuntu, so I'm not experienced with windows commands.

On ubuntu. open terminal, connect phone, make sure usb debugging is enabled. You'll probably receive a warning about an RSA fingerprint, which you will accept. Then in terminal, do

sudo su
adb start-server
now cd into whatever directory you want to store your logcat in
Once in the directory, run "adb logcat -v long > wallpaper.txt"
Reporduce the problem
Kill the logcat
Open the text file that was created
Either upload the file or pastebin it and post the link
Done!

Doesn't that require root? Not 100% how to do that though, I used to be pretty good with ADB but unfortunately that was back in the Desire days and I've not really been into rooting since I got my HOX last year :rolleyes: I change devices too much. Anyway, here is the video documenting the issue.

http://youtu.be/pBeNpwP5TFQ

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
Doesn't that require root? Not 100% how to do that though, I used to be pretty good with ADB but unfortunately that was back in the Desire days and I've not really been into rooting since I got my HOX last year :rolleyes: I change devices too much. Anyway, here is the video documenting the issue.

http://youtu.be/pBeNpwP5TFQ

And you said your entire family is experiencing this? Ok go to about phone and tap Build Number a bunch of times. Should activate dev settings. Just see if you can get adb to work at all. I'm not certain whether it requires root or not. It confuses me that your family all has this problem, but it hasn't been reported by the rest of the Nexus 5 users around the world...

jaaystott

Feb 9, 2011
Chelsea
www.twitter.com
And you said your entire family is experiencing this? Ok go to about phone and tap Build Number a bunch of times. Should activate dev settings. Just see if you can get adb to work at all. I'm not certain whether it requires root or not. It confuses me that your family all has this problem, but it hasn't been reported by the rest of the Nexus 5 users around the world...

Well I have to go out right now but I will try when I get back in. I'll do a Google Search and see if i can find how to.

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
You could try wiping data for your Home launcher. Just go to Settings/ Apps then swipe to " All" tab and open Google Search. Wipe its data and it will reset your launcher to default. See if it still persists.

WarRaven

May 13, 2007
I'd say it's because the launcher wasn't designed to have many additional screens as shown.

Looks like it's redrawing the launcher after leaving and returning to it.
Try getting rid of the extra home screens and retest.

WR

Sent from my Nexus 5

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
I'd say it's because the launcher wasn't designed to have many additional screens as shown.

Looks like it's redrawing the launcher after leaving and returning to it.
Try getting rid of the extra home screens and retest.

WR

Sent from my Nexus 5

Not true. I've read reviews where people have tried upto 20-30pages with no issue.

Morganmachine91

Nov 6, 2012
My phone phone was doing this, but I figured out that it was an issue with how you zoom or place the wallpaper when applying it. When I applied with zedge, it was causing problems. Are you using a 3rd party app to find and apply wallpapers? Try switching by long-pressing a blank area on your home screen, and hitting wallpaper.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

I actually just managed to replicate it. To fix it, try this... First select one of the stock wallpapers that came with the phone, using the stock method I mentioned above. Then test, your problem should be 100 percent gone. Then go to change your wallpaper back to the one you want, but do NOT select it from where it is on the bottom bar. Hit 'pick image' and then choose the wallpaper you want. Before you hit the check mark in the upper left hand corner, make sure the wallpaper is centered and fully zoomed out. That should fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app