Nexus 5 Stuck in reboot

Search This thread

harryblatch

Dec 27, 2013
My nexus 5's power button became unresponsive and when pressed, wouldn't lock the screen but instead bring up the power down menu. It then turned off and when i tried to turn it back on, it would go into the boot animation, then turn off again, then turn back on and do the boot animation then turn off. I am able to get to recovery but as soon as i get there, it selects the first action. I'm assuming this could be a hardware problem associated with the power button.

The phone is currently connected to the charger, but the Google screen just flashes on and then off. Any advice is appreciated greatly, as i would like my phone to be usable soon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention my phone is unlocked and rooted, but running stock AOSP with Xposed Framework

Last edited:

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
My nexus 5's power button became unresponsive and when pressed, wouldn't lock the screen but instead bring up the power down menu. It then turned off and when i tried to turn it back on, it would go into the boot animation, then turn off again, then turn back on and do the boot animation then turn off. I am able to get to recovery but as soon as i get there, it selects the first action. I'm assuming this could be a hardware problem associated with the power button.

The phone is currently connected to the charger, but the Google screen just flashes on and then off. Any advice is appreciated greatly, as i would like my phone to be usable soon.
Remove your case (if any). Press and move the button which is probably blocked.
I doubt you can do something with a power button always pressed so if it's still the same you need a RMA...

Reactions: harryblatch

harryblatch

Dec 27, 2013
I doubt you can do something with a power button always pressed so if it's still the same you need a RMA...

I have tried removing the case, but still have the same issue. It seems to be that the power button is faulty and is constantly being pressed, although when i press it i can here the click sound, so the button isnt jammed in. I've had the phone for 6+ months now, and havent had the phone in a situation where it could be in contact with water or small debris for a few days, so I don't really have any idea what could have caused the issue.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
I have tried removing the case, but still have the same issue. It seems to be that the power button is faulty and is constantly being pressed, although when i press it i can here the click sound, so the button isnt jammed in. I've had the phone for 6+ months now, and havent had the phone in a situation where it could be in contact with water or small debris for a few days, so I don't really have any idea what could have caused the issue.

Sometimes the root cause is less important than the resolution. Contact Google / LG for repair

Reactions: harryblatch
Dec 3, 2013
Mine decided to start doing this last night. I have the battery cover off, and am trying to figure it out, but no luck just yet. I'm rooted and unlocked with a flashed kernel and rom. This.... could suck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sometimes the root cause is less important than the resolution. Contact Google / LG for repair