[Q] To anyone with Bluetooth headphones

Search This thread

nailerr

Jul 1, 2010
trati.net
Probably final update on this. After the fourth repair everything was fine, battery life was better for the better signal. For about two weeks.

Navigating in car, about 23 to 25c, end of day the problem is back. I can do the pinch-for-signal trick meaning the antennas are again disconnected.

HTC Say they know about this now and can repair it but I am done. Fifth return, refund. Damn shame, wonderful device with a major flaw in design.

ceftelos

Oct 7, 2009
Thanks for the intent to help, but if you read the thread you will find that this is entirely unrelated. The issue is simply hardware based as is now fairly well accepted with this phone; there are antenna disconnection issues.
I think my friend you are entirely unrelated because if you look better the title of the trhread you'll see it says "To anyone with Bluetooth headphones" so the next time you want to make suggestions think it twice before you post!!!

Regards again,
Makis HELLAS

nailerr

Jul 1, 2010
trati.net
I think my friend you are entirely unrelated because if you look better the title of the trhread you'll see it says "To anyone with Bluetooth headphones" so the next time you want to make suggestions think it twice before you post!!!

Regards again,
Makis HELLAS

I am going to take this to mean you posted advice based entirely on what you guessed the topic meant, not even reading the first post?

I remember what the first post said. I wrote it.

corckie

Feb 26, 2009
HTC One X with 1.29 stock + Sennheiser MM 550-X = big problems. When phone and headphones are stationary it works very well. When I walk around with phone in my pocket (even when I put it in my chest pocket!!!!) there is often signal loss and it hurts my ears. Also people often complain that they can hear me well when I talk, but it interrupts a lot.

With my SGS2 sound quality was worse, but I never ever had any interruptions with phone in my pocket.

Strange thing is my Jabra mono headphone works flawlessly, has very good signal around my house and people never complain about any quality issues.

nailerr

Jul 1, 2010
trati.net
Until you said the Jabra worked I was going to suggest you are having the now known antenna disconnection problem. But I suppose not. Bluetooth has been more trouble than not in my few years of use..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

One X and Samsung HS3000 - I have found that connection stays mostly good, with maybe one or two tiny glitches per song - perfectly listen-able, and not as bad as what you describe, but not as good as I would have hoped - I am going to see if it is due to using extreme quality spotify downloaded tracks I'm playing (since the HS3000 is aptX it should stream at that kind of bitrate). I'll try lower bitrate and see if that makes a difference.
    seems to work fine with Nokia BH-505 but i got cut off around 10m away.

Tried with an iPod Touch and it's about the same distance.
    With Sennheiser MM400, I get perfect reception, in a leather case, in my pocket however I turn my head. In open air I get around 10 metre range. Maybe your bluetooth antenna is defective. If it's in your pocket make sure the screen faces inwards to your body. Also the receiver in your headphones could be on either side, so switching pockets may help.

Don't forget, other devices may appear to have greater range if they are transmitting at a lower quality than the One X. Also, I guess it could be that some headphones struggle to cope with higher bit rates if they don't have much buffer memory.

I'm blown away by bluetooth stereo quality compared to my sensation. My headphones had been sitting gathering dust until now.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
    Stating the obvious here but have you tried in multiple locations to rule out interference?

I'm about to test my headphones again and try pinching the corner as you described.

Nope, can't replicate it. In fact the only way I can get any loss if quality at all is to walk 10m away. Looks like you got a duff phone.

HOX on 1.2.9 and no issues at all, I'm using it alongside the HS3000 and connection is rock solid. Phone in pocket, and HS3000 clipped to my shirt. Even maintains a solid connection whilst using the London Underground.

However was in PC World and had major interruptions due to the various invisible signals in that store.

Generally it's fine, streaming via Spotify using Extreme Quality and via Poweramp.