Chipped s pen already

Search This thread

my_handle

Jul 7, 2010
Noticed my s pen is chipped. Not the part that you pull out on but the side that's flush with the phone. Anyone else have a pen that's chipping? Also would the store trade it for another since I just got it from the store on release day or do I need to contact Samsung? uploadfromtaptalk1354589834244.jpg

Sent from my big ass Note 2

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
good luck, you might be able to get it exchanged since you haven't had it 2 weeks. Most likely they'll throw out the "it doesn't effect the performance of the device" excuse.

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
Nevermind the image didn't load for me before. Well that sucks man. Best of luck replacing it. Going to take extra special care now when handling the s pens.

Chaosrealm

Nov 24, 2012
Day 2 of owning my device, I somehow already chipped a very very small part of my screen. No idea how either :(

mindtrust1

Dec 26, 2012
I have the same problem I have the vzw note 2 and the paint is chipping on the silver painted part of the pen but mine is chipping from pulling out the s pen its in the little crevis part ill take pic now ... Please advice me on if you were able to get Samsung or Verizon to replace orv what you did

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360433910890.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360433910890.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 442

kevinb91

Nov 26, 2012
Beckley, WV
My Spen has been chipped since after a week. The phone was built crappy IMO. Im careful with my stuff and my screen is scratched and there are a couple chips around the phone.

mindtrust1

Dec 26, 2012
Here is a better shot of the damage is just not right this device is expensive enough that they should use better materials

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360434791739.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360434791739.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 294

mindtrust1

Dec 26, 2012
Im in the same boat I here ya! Samsung makes great products but cut cost on cheaper meterials I too have a small scratch on my screen and I was babying the crap out of it when I was cleaning with a micro fiber cloth my last 4 phones over the past 2 years had no screen protectors and rarely did I get a scratch and I was much rougher knowing in advance from other threads that the note 2 was using cheaper quality material to cut costs ... My question is why they're making billions not millions but billions ... It pisses me off ...I want a replacement pen I know the scratch on the screen is so small that a screen protector will hide it :(

ChaoticWeaponry

Oct 23, 2011
Here is a better shot of the damage is just not right this device is expensive enough that they should use better materials

I just sanded mine down and made it all white :p polished the plastic to make it almost match the rear cover. Good as new and no more 'chrome' chipping!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

traveye

Sep 24, 2011
is this a common issue? I'm considering getting either this phone or the DNA, and build quality is kind of a concern with the Samsung stuff. I hope this isn't indicative of sammy's overall quality here.

R

richii0207

Then it would have probably been even more money :(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

ChaoticWeaponry

Oct 23, 2011
is this a common issue? I'm considering getting either this phone or the DNA, and build quality is kind of a concern with the Samsung stuff. I hope this isn't indicative of sammy's overall quality here.

The plastic for the SPen is rather soft. So yes it is an issue, but it doesn't affect performance at all, and the phone itself doesn't have the problem.

guitarist5122

May 25, 2010
Delaware
Wow guys. Really? You guys are whining over some microscopic paint chip? Be glad that's the extent of your problems with this phone. Every phone is going to have its problems. Paint will naturally come off if suffers regular abrasion, either from sliding in and out of the phone or from us handling it. I'm just glad this phone doesn't have real problems like a poor radio or battery over heat.

Sent From My Gargantuan Note 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow guys. Really? You guys are whining over some microscopic paint chip? Be glad that's the extent of your problems with this phone. Every phone is going to have its problems. Paint will naturally come off if suffers regular abrasion, either from sliding in and out of the phone or from us handling it. I'm just glad this phone doesn't have real problems like a poor radio or battery over heat.

Sent From My Gargantuan Note 2
    I took the chrome off with really fine sandpaper, cut a larger groove into the top so it's easier to pull out, then polished the tip with some Brasso to make it shiny. Nothing too extreme, just got rid of the chipping paint.

Nice! I'll add "phone mods" to my list of unexpected things Brasso is awesome for. :D

Sent from my AOSPA GNEX