JellyBean Update 4.1.1 , 3.16.401.8 - World Wide English (WWE)

Search This thread

arash64a

Nov 21, 2009
How can we install stock recovery mode?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

TheEndHK

Apr 25, 2011
It's problem of CID or probabily this is .zip packed for "Stock Rekovery" instead CWM recovery?
I try also to flash stock recovery but I don't know witch is the name and where to put renamed .zip file to get the stock recovery read and install the update. ( i know there is a short name .zip that you can put on /root of sdcard usally to get the stock recovery read and install the update, for wildfire s for example is PG76IMG.zip ) anyone know witch is the name for HTC One S and place of the stock recovery?
Thanks

I just used the method below and it works like a charm. Now I'm on the official HTC One S JB with the old radio and hboot. No need relock and stock recovery.

Use the .zip from [ROM][S4] Virtuous Ville+ RC-1 | Sense 4+ | JB 4.1.1, put all OTA /system files in that rom(del the original /system and boot.img, just keep the /meta-inf) and flash from custom recovery now. I manually flash the boot.img after flashed via fastboot. For the radio part, I've to wait for RUU because of S-ON.

Last edited:
Reactions: arash64a

arash64a

Nov 21, 2009
I just used the method below and it works like a charm. Now I'm on the official HTC One S JB with the old radio and hboot. No need relock and stock recovery.

Use the .zip from [ROM][S4] Virtuous Ville+ RC-1 | Sense 4+ | JB 4.1.1, put all OTA /system files in that rom(del the original /system and boot.img, just keep the /meta-inf) and flash from custom recovery now. I manually flash the boot.img after flashed via fastboot. For the radio part, I've to wait for RUU because of S-ON.

Soooo nice.
Now can u goto custom recovery and install any custom ICS rom like Trickdroid 8.1.0 ?

bergoulle

Jun 3, 2008
Anybody noticed that the phone storage has increased ?

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium HD app

lthawker

May 28, 2012
Hi...i install ota update...then root it...eveything works fine but 2 problem:

1.when i want run superuser ...phone reboot

2.i remove some sys apk like 7digit but everytime i reboot phone all of them back..

ICWS

Jan 9, 2009
Hi...i install ota update...then root it...eveything works fine but 2 problem:

1.when i want run superuser ...phone reboot

2.i remove some sys apk like 7digit but everytime i reboot phone all of them back..

I have the same problem. After the update I don't have full root access, I can't change anything in system.
I think this means phone is now fully S-On?

Keydogg1

Jan 3, 2012
Guys, trying to sort out some signal problems on my wife's phone by upgrading to 4.1.1, she has a One S on O2 with CID O2_001. Is that the same as HTC_001 and will this firmware work?

Thanks

Alan

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

S

shadowch31

Guys, trying to sort out some signal problems on my wife's phone by upgrading to 4.1.1, she has a One S on O2 with CID O2_001. Is that the same as HTC_001 and will this firmware work?

Thanks

Alan

You would have to Supercid the phone as it is branded so may cause problems or wait till your carrier releases.

Keydogg1

Jan 3, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I won't bother in that case as it has terrible signal problems already, the last thing I want is her to have more issues!

My Galaxy S3 can be updated with any other carrier's firmware provided its for the same model (i9300), I'm guessing that's not the case with the HOS?

he_stheone64

Aug 1, 2008
Düsseldorf
Just a few quickies for those 1% battery suckers, works only on JB Odexed stock ROM...

Elegant Blues 1% battery with standard clock position

http://db.tt/rGd5lUPX

Elegant Blues 1% battery with center clock position

http://db.tt/bBOUyKsh

ElegantBluesJBOdex.png

reupugi

Jul 18, 2010
Hi,

So, Managed to update from my unlocked rooted HOS. Thing is, I lost root after the update, although in boorloader the phone was tampered, I had no root access. So I relocked, unlocked again, pushed my CWM recovery installed SuperSU zip file. Now my phone is back to factory settings but with the latest update, SuperSU can't update binary, it just reboots after failng to update.

Besides going back to my latest nandroid backup is there any way to reroot?

csakthikumar

Nov 29, 2010
Bangalore
OnePlus 8 Pro
Just wondering... cant we make the ROM compatible with all the CID`s instead of changing our phone CID. Sorry for the noob question.. have been running ViperRom on my unlocked TMOBUS and i dont remember changing any CID
Cheers!!!!

dorezen

Nov 3, 2010
sorry for the noob question

since the JB RUU is not out yet, is it possible to install an earlier version of the europe HOS RUU on a t-mobile usa HOS phone and attempt to do OTA to JB?

Top Liked Posts