[Q] Phone doesn't boot

Search This thread

ioxflash

May 13, 2014
I was using pac-rom but I wanted to go back to stock. However, I couldn't revert back to stock. So I read up and found out I needed to do RUU.
Instead of it booting properly, it goes to the htc splash (With the red text at the bottom, but it isn't entering recovery mode) and after that, it goes to a black screen. After a couple of minutes, it simply loops back to the splash.
What I was trying to do was use RUU, but of course, i was s-on and attempts to s-off the device failed. So I used htc1guru's RUU exe (I think I downloaded the wrong file, wasnt supposed to use the exe, but flash a stock rom. I know, I know, I'm stupid, don't really remember what i was thinking.) and now the device is stuck like this. I tried adb devices to try and see if it could still connect to the computer, but nothing came up. Doing the light trick either doesn't help a whole lot.
Any ideas what to do?
EDIT: successfully flashed a reset. Had to hold power, vol up + down buttons, wait for it to turn off and quickly hold power and vol down. I then flashed the guru reset Rom and I am now at stock.

Last edited: