[ROM] ZPad Clean v3.0 for gTablet (GB Theme) 12/30/10

Search This thread

daveingram

Oct 28, 2009
london
Anyone got reliable Skype working

Anyone got Skype working reliably with this ROM?
I've been using the hacked Skype on my Nexus One (hacked to allow WiFi calling even when not on Verizon), and I side-loaded this onto my G Tablet but it is telling me it is unable to login, just hangs on login screen (saying 'signin in').
It would be a real bonus to have Skype working on this tablet in this ROM, so wondered if anyone had found a way or was working on it?

(running Rothnic's [awesome] ROM, and the 2.6.32.28 Pershoot kernel)

stanglx

Dec 11, 2010
Wanted to report my wake up issue returned when I flashed to the latest kernal.

My story is first 3 weeks never had the issue..had it for 2 weeks..wiped flashed with pershoots kernel...went away for a week or so flashed again and it returned.

Any recommendations on how to debug this.

rothnic

Aug 18, 2010
Anyone got Skype working reliably with this ROM?
I've been using the hacked Skype on my Nexus One (hacked to allow WiFi calling even when not on Verizon), and I side-loaded this onto my G Tablet but it is telling me it is unable to login, just hangs on login screen (saying 'signin in').
It would be a real bonus to have Skype working on this tablet in this ROM, so wondered if anyone had found a way or was working on it?

(running Rothnic's [awesome] ROM, and the 2.6.32.28 Pershoot kernel)

Search google for "Swype on Gtablet (kinda) ", can't post it from here.

To all, I ported this mod over to the adam and experience no wake up issues, so it is definitely a kernel issue.

tmckenn2

Nov 9, 2010
Can someone do me a solid and post a link to the file manager app for this rom. In on a different device but would still like to use this manager. Wasn't in system apps folder so I'm assuming its in system.img which I havemt been able to mount... thanks in advance

boedha

Feb 12, 2008
Maybe a stupid question, but is this rom going to work in a Zpad instead of a G tablet.

I have flashed vegan-tab inside my Zpad but I have trouble with the wifi connection.

The times I can connect is for only a few minutes after that I can't connect any more. I have to reboot and keep trying.
I get the message WIFI ERROR

Maybe this rom will solve my wifi errors.:mad:

tatoone

Oct 14, 2007
Hi, I have a Olipad itanian tablet with £g module and 1gb of ram.

It's possible restore this 2 features?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is this?
    A ROM modified from the Zpad ROM to run on our Viewsonic gTablet. As always, make backups in clockwork and try it out.

ROM Download:
    v3.0 (Full ROM) Download (1222): http://www.multiupload.com/A8ODVDTAQP

What is Zpad 3.0?
    System: Based on Zpad 1222 Big Ideas ROM, includes the very latest nvidia libraries
    Boot: Kernel w/ No Lag Fix, Angry Bird install works, CIFS, NTFS support
    GB Themed Framework with animations, tweaks
    SDCARD setup similar to TnT Lite (haven't tested SDCARD2)
    Very AOSP(2.2) feeling ROM

Issues:
    Need to add accelerometer hack
    build.prop typo pasion->passion
    Voice Search causes FC with GB keyboard(use other keyboard, or remove voice search)

devicepv.png

device2k.png

OLD
    Same setup as 1106
    Similar kernel to new TnT
    TZ change will hold now
    ZPad settings used so you can disable ethernet.

Changes for 2.2 are:
    Single package install with all up to date changes
    Contacts/Calendar support (needs more testing, works for me)
    Gallery 3D that doesn't FC with a lot of pictures
    Flash removed from /system/app (sideload yourself so install sticks on reboot)
    Performance Pack with working Camera integrated(~2400 quadrant)
    Phone.apk, TelephoneProvider.apk removed so cell process doesn't eat battery
    (signal bar still in status bar because of Contacts.apk)
    Gapps integrated
    TnT Keyboard is default
    Nexus One boot animation

v2.0 Download(1125): http://www.multiupload.com/IXXA5G57XY
    v2.1 Patch: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=855812 (thanks to Raydog for creating this patch)
    Removes Phone.apk and Telephony.apk for Gtab users. This disables the cell portion of the ROM.
    ZPad Compatible Performance Pack: http://www.multiupload.com/CRNCJSYFIK (BORKS CAMERA, 2400+ Quadrant!)
    Thread cleaned; please keep it friendly and on topic. Thank you.
    Updated OP with upcoming Zpad Clean 3.0 information.

Known Issues:
    Doesn't include Accelerometer Fix (still being worked on, borks mouse support)
    Voice Search will FC, update through market

devicepv.png
    Having a bootloop issue now after a clean instal and reboot of the v3.0 I can get into clockwork but everytime I try to wipe data/factory reset it gives me this error:

Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk3p2
    (invalid argument)
    error mounting /data/!
    skipping format

any ideas would be great!

now when I try to boot it just loops to the viewsonic logo

Yeah I haven't seen that issue. I rebooted many times while testing without problems. Anyone else getting that issue?

/dev/block/mmcblk3p2 is /data, like the next line implies. It sounds like you may have one of the dreaded random boot loops. Have you done the sdcard repartition yet at all? Most people need it once after getting the tab.

Question - Just installed 3.0 on a freshly purchased GTab... Sometimes the power button, when pressed, will do one of three things - sleep/awaken the screen (good), bring up the power options (OK, but not perfect), or nothing at all (which means that I have to long press twice to get it to reboot).

Is this just my unit, or is there something else that I am not aware of??

Thanks

Yeah, we generally get all 3 of those cases on all the ROMs. I will test tonight to make sure it isn't happening worse than the rest.
    also Angry bird not installing as well, says install unsuccessful after download from market, if anyone can help would be great, thanks in advance....

I'm experiencing the same thing. UNKNOWN ERROR -18

Any fix for this?