[TUT] Easy steps to make Rogers/Fido Call Display works + List of ROMs for CANADIANS.

Search This thread

nitroblu

Dec 2, 2008
hey panda,
are the reg changes you posted in post #12 teh same changes as would be applied if I used the rgu files you posted in the first post? i just want to do the reg edits manually sinec the rom i'm using is heavily customized.

EDIT: i applied the reg changes, did a soft boot, didn't notice any difference than when i just replaced teh rilphone.dll

Last edited:

labbbby

Oct 8, 2008
Thanks for the hard work, for some reason I just saw this thread, I'll give it a shot soon when I'm a bit less busy at work.

Good stuff I got a Raphael, Elite RC2, with fido, in Montreal, I think my odds are pretty good lol

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
hey panda,
are the reg changes you posted in post #12 teh same changes as would be applied if I used the rgu files you posted in the first post? i just want to do the reg edits manually sinec the rom i'm using is heavily customized.

EDIT: i applied the reg changes, did a soft boot, didn't notice any difference than when i just replaced teh rilphone.dll

You did all the reg changes?
and did you use the right rilphone.dll?
If so it should work. Which phone and which ROM are you using?

Thanks for the hard work, for some reason I just saw this thread, I'll give it a shot soon when I'm a bit less busy at work.

Good stuff I got a Raphael, Elite RC2, with fido, in Montreal, I think my odds are pretty good lol

Can someone try NATF's V4? to see if it works?
I can't try it this weeks, because I just got a contract and I need my phone to be functional till the end of the week.

nitroblu

Dec 2, 2008
You did all the reg changes?
and did you use the right rilphone.dll?
If so it should work. Which phone and which ROM are you using?

Can someone try NATF's V4? to see if it works?
I can't try it this weeks, because I just got a contract and I need my phone to be functional till the end of the week.

I was just saying i didn't notice any difference between using the reg tweaks (i applied them all) with the rogers rilphone.dll and just using the rogers rilphone.dll.

I can confirm for you NATF V4 has working canadian caller ;) (tested myself). also, RRE Canadian 4.1, and LantisOS v3 beta have working Rogers caller ID now thanks to the very receptive chefs :)

talonrob

Mar 8, 2008
Toronto
I installed NATF's v4 also and now I finally have name display working on a WM device. Thanks to everyone who made this happen.

Rob.

nitroblu

Dec 2, 2008
Please test QuickGPS on NATF's

Is it possible the rilphone.dll file is affecting GPS? Ever since I started using the Rogers one, my GPS can't lock, it just keeps trying to start up. QuickGPS seems to wrok fine for me (it downloads the data easily), but on GPSTest, it just hangs on "GPS Starting Up", and on my Garmin, it just sits on "searching for satellites". I'm testing LantisOS v3, which also has the Rogers rilphone.dll. Possibly a registry conflict?

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
I was just saying i didn't notice any difference between using the reg tweaks (i applied them all) with the rogers rilphone.dll and just using the rogers rilphone.dll.

I can confirm for you NATF V4 has working canadian caller ;) (tested myself). also, RRE Canadian 4.1, and LantisOS v3 beta have working Rogers caller ID now thanks to the very receptive chefs :)

I'm happy to hear that my small thread made a different in the community... too bad that none of them give me any credit. Anyhow, let's start listing them.
I'm still waiting for Elite RC3 :p

Is it possible the rilphone.dll file is affecting GPS? Ever since I started using the Rogers one, my GPS can't lock, it just keeps trying to start up. QuickGPS seems to wrok fine for me (it downloads the data easily), but on GPSTest, it just hangs on "GPS Starting Up", and on my Garmin, it just sits on "searching for satellites". I'm testing LantisOS v3, which also has the Rogers rilphone.dll. Possibly a registry conflict?

Yes it's possible
However, I haven't seen the different yet. I know for a fact that GPS has been bad for me for the past few weeks because of the sky condition. Since I'm in Montreal, and we are in the middle of Winter... I haven't gotten a clear day to test GPS yet... However, I'm very satisfied with the response of GPS signal on RC2 and NATF's V4.0 (test version)

Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus

Speaking for my ROM, this cannot be. As a matter of fact, v4.0 is being hailed as the best for GPS yet. I am able to get a fix in iNav in under 30 seconds; without jumpstarting the GPS first.

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Speaking for my ROM, this cannot be. As a matter of fact, v4.0 is being hailed as the best for GPS yet. I am able to get a fix in iNav in under 30 seconds; without jumpstarting the GPS first.

As I mentioned... for the past few weeks, Canada has many storm and the sky isn't cleared...
As far as I've tested it, I'm very satisfied with the GPS.

nitroblu

Dec 2, 2008

As I mentioned... for the past few weeks, Canada has many storm and the sky isn't cleared...
As far as I've tested it, I'm very satisfied with the GPS.

i finally got a GPS lock :) it took a while, and the signal was weak initially and kept dropping for a good 10 minuets, but now i got a strong solid signal :) it was probably the weather I guess, but usually it's not affected by weather much,...

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
i finally got a GPS lock :) it took a while, and the signal was weak initially and kept dropping for a good 10 minuets, but now i got a strong solid signal :) it was probably the weather I guess, but usually it's not affected by weather much,...

Of course the weather condition affect GPS signal; Cloud/Dust, Hot/Cold, Humidity... etc all these are dependent variables of wavelengh :p
It's funny how Bell is still charging for GPS and I still can't believe that people actually buy the service :p

I was wondering if we import the GPS setting or drivers (whatever it makes GPS signal better) from Kaiser would help or not... because on Kaiser, I got much better GPS reception.

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Anyone got this to work with ROMEO's?
I love to give that Rom a try. However, I can't dump the ROM. If you can, please show me how.

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Where is the list of ROMS that your heasder talks about?
I would like to try your ROM, will it work on CDMA(Bell)

If you're buying a CDMA Touch Pro from Bell, I think the option is already included in it, then you have to buy the Enhance display option from Bell. Also, before you flash anything, this section is for GSM Touch Pro. Be careful.

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Hey Pandaboyy

Add another to the list

Proven 1.12 now can have the ability to have the rom cooked in, but only the new one, hopefully subsequent builds will either have it included or maintain the ability to cook it in. when the MSVC version comes out I will try the cab method as well just to verify.

Cool, thanks... I did add it to the list. It seems that almost every Raphael ROM slowly add this option. However, one of the ROM that I want to see with Rogers/Fido Display option is ROMEO's, so I'm still waiting monx's reply on this.

You should definitively try Lantis ROM. Rogers/Fido Display work even on slide to answer :p
On top of that, the ROM is stable and you can get a GPS signal pretty fast from Montreal. I hope it will be as fast from where you are as well.