Repairs bring me back

Search This thread

killerskincanoe

Mar 4, 2009
Sony Xperia Ion
Oppo Find 5
I've got an ion that was replaced twice bc of faulty Mic. The third one that went bad before I got my LG optimus G has been gathering dust. I found a website RepairsUniverse.com that sells the LCD flex cable that includes a new Mic unit for 19.99 I figured what the hell, and pulled the trigger. While I wait for it to arrive I figured I'd check in on the forum I abandoned so long ago. This is unfortunately an AT&t model so no boot loader unlock for me. (Unless) something has changed? I'm going to have this ion splayed open for a bit replacing parts... anyone with any JTAG skills wanna comment on anything I could try?

In the interim I'd like to read your thoughts on what the fastest fully functional and best cam ROMs are avail for LB ions.

I might repurpose this device but I'd like to keep its main functions working best as possible.

Cheers

I'll have full pics high quality of tear down and reassembly updated later.

Scribed henceforth from thy G pad.

zackspeed

Aug 28, 2010
Asheville, NC
I have been using Aoba with a bunch of personal touches and I am very happy with it. I was having a bit of a battery drain but figured out today it was location based wifi causing it. I went with a non Z1 camera as it still had issues. I used the mod for existence to get a more stock camera and also used the video fix to get it sorted. Optimo's 96 port has been a blessing for these lt28at devices.