[Q] Soft bricked SM-N9005...HELP

Search This thread

bcsiy

Sep 28, 2010
Pasig
SM-N9005 is soft bricked, owner probably went OTA and interrupted the update now when you turn on the phone it goes to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 logo then loops from there. I tried to flash official stock firmware downloaded from Sammobile (N9005XXUEND6_N9005OLBEND1_XTC) and it passed the flash in ODIN 3.09 then the phone automatically reboots into stock recovery and tries to update package but from I keep getting:
E: Unable to verify whole file signature
E: Signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I have been flashing firmwares on older Samsung via ODIN and as far as I know after flashing via ODIN the firmware is already written in the phone and it doesn't need to reboot into recovery and flash the update again but in NOTE3 it does this and now I'm stuck.

I tried flashing PhilZ custom recovery and disabled signature verification but when I flash the stock firmware via ODIN it overwrites the custom recovery back to stock recovery and then gets stuck again in the verifying signature thing.

Any help and inputs would be greatly appreciated.

re: factory data reset

SM-N9005 is soft bricked, owner probably went OTA and interrupted the update now when you turn on the phone it goes to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 logo then loops from there. I tried to flash official stock firmware downloaded from Sammobile (N9005XXUEND6_N9005OLBEND1_XTC) and it passed the flash in ODIN 3.09 then the phone automatically reboots into stock recovery and tries to update package but from I keep getting:
Installation aborted

I have been flashing firmwares on older Samsung via ODIN and as far as I know after flashing via ODIN the firmware is already written in the phone and it doesn't need to reboot into recovery and flash the update again but in NOTE3 it does this and now I'm stuck.

I tried flashing PhilZ custom recovery and disabled signature verification but when I flash the stock firmware via ODIN it overwrites the custom recovery back to stock recovery and then gets stuck again in the verifying signature thing.

If you can get into recovery why not try to do a
"Factory Reset", it may solve your problems.

Good luck!

Last edited:

bcsiy

Sep 28, 2010
Pasig
If you can get into recovery why not try to do a
"Factory Reset", it may solve your problems.

Good luck!

I tried to do a factory reset in stock recovery, tried wiping the Dalvik cache as well but the problem is still there it just stays on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen then turns off then turns back on and loops over and over.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I tried to do a factory reset in stock recovery, tried wiping the Dalvik cache as well but the problem is still there it just stays on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen then turns off then turns back on and loops over and over.

Either nuke the phone via a totally fresh ODIN update or flash Philz recovery, when it loops on you, take out the battery, put it back in then go to recovery mode, wipe the usual dalvik/cache etc then boot up (it should in theory work) (and/or flash a custom ROM just to get it to boot properly)

bcsiy

Sep 28, 2010
Pasig
Either nuke the phone via a totally fresh ODIN update or flash Philz recovery, when it loops on you, take out the battery, put it back in then go to recovery mode, wipe the usual dalvik/cache etc then boot up (it should in theory work) (and/or flash a custom ROM just to get it to boot properly)

Thanks for the input, the main issue why I need to flash the stock rom is because the phone doesn't boot and is looping in the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen then vibrates as if it turns on again and goes into a loop...

Question is can I flash a custom rom over it for example there's no firnware loaded on the phone or the firmware loaded is corrupted?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
You can flash a custom ROM yes, so long as you boot Into your custom recovery, do the wipes. Then installing a custom fw should work OK, once you've done that you can go back to stock or change custom fw without issues

I'm UBER Paranoid

Installation aborted

The reason it wants to boot into recovery is to flash the csc. Make sure you get the correct firmware for your device and region from sammobile.com and odin again, let it do its thing. It sounds like the csc wasn't valid.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T