[2-21-12][ROM]ICS Sense Redefined-Always Brilliant![Sense 3.6][4.0.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
Streaming media player would not playback video for me, but ES Media player did.

jskolm

Jun 21, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Anyone connecting to an Exchange server? I am getting Exchange required some policy, click here to enable nag everytime I open the mail app or receive and email....

**** - Nevermind. It just stopped prompting me. No idea why it was doing that. I did a fix permission, wipe dalvik-cache and cache... and it was still doing it after 2 restarts... then it just stopped... oh well.

Last edited:

mpalatsi

Mar 14, 2011
Atlanta, GA
What exactly does the power saver do? I just found that it helps my battery substantially! I also ran a benchmark and my phone is preforming very very well. I'm just curious.

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
What exactly does the power saver do? I just found that it helps my battery substantially! I also ran a benchmark and my phone is preforming very very well. I'm just curious.

Power Saver is a nice feature. It literally will do whatever you ask, in terms of power conservation. Go to Settings>Power>Save Power Settings and look at what's available. Many of the options are adjustable, so you can really tailor the settings to your liking.

devilman30

Oct 29, 2010
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Su not working??

Aloha Joel,

Could you please help.. it seems that super user permissions do not work? I downloaded roo check and it says I don't have root. Other that that the rom looks pretty sweet!

Mahalo Bro

trunzoc

Feb 28, 2011
NEPA
Anyone connecting to an Exchange server? I am getting Exchange required some policy, click here to enable nag everytime I open the mail app or receive and email....

**** - Nevermind. It just stopped prompting me. No idea why it was doing that. I did a fix permission, wipe dalvik-cache and cache... and it was still doing it after 2 restarts... then it just stopped... oh well.

I need activesync for work, and since they pay for the phone, i have to have it on my DD. Not sure why I said that, but the behavior you described has happened to me on every single ICS ROM I've run on the Rezund, basically ALL of them at one point or another.

This is strange behavior, but stops itelf after a few hours if you manually set your PIN in security. After the first couple hours of having a ROM isntalled it's gone and never comes back.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Congratulations to Joel for making the front page of XDA with a news story about this ROM.

Nothing personal against Joel, love his work, but I thinks it's pretty f-in ****ty that there is an article about Joel releasing the "FIRST" Sense 3.6 ROM for the Rezound when newt has has one out for 3 weeks.

Viper32

Feb 16, 2009
SC (But Bleed Crimson Red)
I need activesync for work, and since they pay for the phone, i have to have it on my DD. Not sure why I said that, but the behavior you described has happened to me on every single ICS ROM I've run on the Rezund, basically ALL of them at one point or another.

This is strange behavior, but stops itelf after a few hours if you manually set your PIN in security. After the first couple hours of having a ROM isntalled it's gone and never comes back.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Nothing personal against Joel, love his work, but I thinks it's pretty f-in ****ty that there is an article about Joel releasing the "FIRST" Sense 3.6 ROM for the Rezound when newt has has one out for 3 weeks.

I am sure that Newt will not take this personal, hell they all do great work and hopefully know we appreciate them all............. Why they chose Joelz Rom to feature I do not know but I am very happy to see all these guys working on the Rezound now...............

Thanks to all of the guys and keep up the great work..............

Viper

evilstewie23

Jul 6, 2011
Joel this Rom sounds so bad ass! U just might make me unlock but I want to wait for ics or s-off. But might just unlock next month if none of these show up. Can't wait to try this. It will be my first Rom guaranteed. Glad to see you on the rezound!

sent from my sexy Htc Rezound

mrbigdrawsz

Feb 16, 2008
Canton, Michigan
Quick question. You have the rom and PH file separate. But doesn't having a PH on the sdcard before booting into recovery keep you from getting into recovery?

Still kinda new to all this so forgive my ignorance. Directions would be very helpful.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

TB13

Jun 15, 2011
Chandler, AZ
Hey Joel, Do you know why the rosie is so damn touchy in ISC? Its not just your ROM, its all of them, I barely move my finger to go to a different page and it does the fly thing. Great ROM BTW, looking forward to many more!

Edit: Loving all the quick settings too, I was so happy to see them all.

Last edited:

lbiniusc

Dec 1, 2008
hilliard ohio
Quick question. You have the rom and PH file separate. But doesn't having a PH on the sdcard before booting into recovery keep you from getting into recovery?

Still kinda new to all this so forgive my ignorance. Directions would be very helpful.

Flash the rom then flash kernel in bootloader.. Then boot and delete the pH :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

New Release has that fixed :)

SWEET. Anxiously awaiting the update.zip you mentioned.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Flash the rom then flash kernel in bootloader.. Then boot and delete the pH :D

But he can't flash the ROM without getting in to recovery. He can't get in to recovery because if he reboots in to the bootloader it will immediately check for the PH zip file... I'm sure you can adb it or use cleanflash...

mrbigdrawsz, here's how I did it with Amon RA:

First, I'm assuming you have a computer nearby. Copy the ROM and PH zip file to the sdcard over USB (leave the cable connected throughout these instructions). Change the name of the PH zip on the SDcard. I just took the G out of the file name. Get in to your recovery. Make a nandroid if you want/need to. Wipe all/factory reset if you want/need to (it's probably a good idea). Flash this ROM. When you're done, go to the toggle option of USB-MS (something like that) and mount the Sdcard (not internal). Win 7 will give a window pop up. You can now explore the sdcard. Use Windows to rename the PH to the proper file name. Unmount sdcard in Amon RA (just hit power). Reboot in to bootloader. You'll get the prompt to update, do it, reboot, voila.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
Here are my instructions to easily install this ROM with Amon Ra (I'm guessing it would be the same in CWM):

1. Connect phone via USB (Disk Drive option) on your computer and put the ROM and PH file on your zip card. Disconnect your phone from the USB cable.

2. Using your current ROM (if it has the option to reboot into Recovery) or ROM Manager (app from Market), reboot into Recovery.

3. Once in Recovery, do your factory reset/wipe, etc.

4. Install the ROM from Zip in Recovery.

5. Choose "Power Off" in Recovery to power your phone completely down.

6. Hold the volume down rocker while pressing the power button to boot into Bootloader.

7. It will find the PH file, press the volume rocker up to update and reboot.

That's how I did mine, but please keep in mind that everyone's setup is different, etc.

Last edited:

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011

Actually, I'm pretty sure Newt's is 3.5 on a 4.0.3 base. So it's technically accurate.

What is unfortunate is that Joel is getting kudos for stuff that Newt, lllboredlll, scrosler (did I get that right?), and Nils have been doing for weeks.
So while I kinda agree with U in spirit, just thought I'd throw that little technical detail out there.

What is really funny about this post is that Swype wanted to auto correct lllboredlll to "cholesterol"! :eek: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys this is my first official rom for the HTC Rezound (The Other Was Just A Base For Everyone)

ICSNew2.png

subh_TheSprinkles.png

• Sense 3.6
    • Android 4.0.3
    • Overscroll Glow
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Extra Quicksettings
    • Sony Bravia Engine
    • Sense 4.0 Theme
    • Debloated
    • Much Much More :)

subh_Bugs.png

• Data Arrows Don't Work
    • Blue Flicker [Very rare]
    • You Tell Me :)

subh_Notes.png

• Developers Please Do Not Use My Work Without Permissions The Mods Like APM And Quicksettings Are Not Mine i Just Ported Them Over From HTC Sensation that Jan made...Again I will make myself clear do not use any components of this rom in yours unless i grant permission..Thanks

subh_Thanks.png

• Team Warm :)
    • j4n87 (good friend and let me port his APM And Quicksettings And Tweaks :) All Credits to Him)
    • Gadget for his awesome skin :)
    • chad.goodman
    • Sebastianfm For OC Kernel [Optional]
    • Tommytomatoe (good friend and i use his android utility cause its awesome and just a big help all around :))
    • Preludrew
    • Romanbb
    • WasabiWa83 For Poster :)
    • Pm Me If I Forgot You :)

subh_Disclaimer.png

• Don't blame it on me if your phone blows up :) lol (Don't Worry It Shouldn't)

Download ROM And PH98IMG.zip

*Like my work? Donate :) It keeps me motivated
    Changelog Release:

• Removed GPS Reticle by popular demand
    • Debloated...[Will post a flashable for everything I Took out]
    • New cleaned up skin [Thanks Gadget]
    • Removed Verizon Location Agent
    • Black Statusbar By Popular Demand
    • Fixed Rosie Force Close [flashable.zip will be new thread for it]
    • Fixed ghosting statusbar

Unofficial Newer Changelog Need Confirmation:

• *Bluetooth
    • *Verizon Tether App
    Might have a new update also working on a senseless rom since a lot requested
    Changelog so far:
    Removed debug from framework [Thanks Tommy]
    Removed wimax.jar [also removed from ramdisk]

Also will be porting over j4n7 leedroid tweaks here includes re-arrange quicksettings and disable enable quicksettings all fun stuff lol
    Wake on volume?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    This is my first mod like this so do a nand first!

I took the android.policy.jar from the latest build, then I compared the difference with the same mod for another Sense 3.6 ICS Rom and made the edit.

And it works great on my phone!

Again, PLEASE BACK UP FIRST.