[Mod] Working AutoCorrect and Quicker Long-Press Samsung Keyboard (4.1.1)

Search This thread

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2093588

Someone asked for this in QA forum and I ported the changes for them.

It is flashable, but like anything its at your own risk. I have only tested it on Verizon roms.

Edit:

If this doesn't work for odexed folks, let me know.

I've also added a stock zip to return to unmodified state.

There is an apk for 4.1.2 users (ATT, International, CleanRom) as well, but it isn't flashable and I don't have the lib needed to make it flashable. So copy it over and fix permissions. Do NOT throw it into the flashable zip unless you have the right lib as well.

Attachments

• kb.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 1,240
  • stockkb.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 775
  • SamsungIME.apk
    7.1 MB · Views: 1,381
Last edited:

Wool02

Jan 17, 2011
First :cool:

Thanks adrynalyne. Giving it a flash now. This will solve all of my keyboard needs, no more AOSP keyboard!

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
Nice to see you doing stuff for this phone bro. I Miss BAMF work from my thunderbolt. Hopefully the community doesn't ruin it this time.

Do you mind if I include this mod in my themes?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

No, I don't mind at all (not really my mod, I just ported it). I am going to work on a 4.1.2 version for cleanrom and international roms if I get a chance.

Reactions: icedventimocha

jimmydene84

Oct 18, 2010
Oklahoma City
I used alot of your tutorials for modding my bolt back in the day....the one thing i am REALLY missing on this phone, you had a way to add the radio settings (4g on, off 3g only etc...) into the main settings. Can u make a mod like that for this phone??

I hate that there isnt that option....or is there and im just a dumbass??

none of the 3rd party apps for that work on verizon?!?

DeathBySnuggles

Jun 12, 2006
Will this work on rooted stock if I push the files manually and rename the IME odex file?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
I used alot of your tutorials for modding my bolt back in the day....the one thing i am REALLY missing on this phone, you had a way to add the radio settings (4g on, off 3g only etc...) into the main settings. Can u make a mod like that for this phone??

I hate that there isnt that option....or is there and im just a dumbass??

none of the 3rd party apps for that work on verizon?!?

Yeah...HTC has a nice setup for that. Samsung, not so much. Although, you can use my HiddenMenu app and try to set it through there. Let me dig it up....

Attachments

• HiddenMenu_No_Root.apk
    158.4 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: morbidz

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
Here is a 4.1.2 version (International, ATT, cleanrom, etc).

It may implode.

Try it though and logcat it if it blows up. No logcat means its unlikely I can or will fix it...I am just too stubborn and old to flash every rom myself.

Attachments

• SamsungIME.apk
    7.1 MB · Views: 112

techgov8

Jul 10, 2012
The auto correct works in on beans build 6. Awesome I will definitely be using the Samsung keyboard!

Doin' big thangs from my Note Deuce

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2093588

Someone asked for this in QA forum and I ported the changes for them.

It is flashable, but like anything its at your own risk. I have only tested it on Verizon roms.

Edit:

If this doesn't work for odexed folks, let me know.

I've also added a stock zip to return to unmodified state.

There is an apk for 4.1.2 users (ATT, International, CleanRom) as well, but it isn't flashable and I don't have the lib needed to make it flashable. So copy it over and fix permissions. Do NOT throw it into the flashable zip unless you have the right lib as well.
    Here is a 4.1.2 version (International, ATT, cleanrom, etc).

It may implode.

Try it though and logcat it if it blows up. No logcat means its unlikely I can or will fix it...I am just too stubborn and old to flash every rom myself.
    Is there any chance of getting a VZW 4.1.2 version of this? That's all that is missing on beans 16 for me

Agreed by 1000000% need this on beans 16

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Adrynalyne, sorry if you get mad that I post this in your thread, but I didn't know if you had time to work on this for 4.1.2. If you want, let me know and I'll delete this post.

This isn't done by the OP, but I got someone to throw it together using the apk from 4.1.2. Works perfect on beans b16. Figured I would share.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41362275
    Nice to see you doing stuff for this phone bro. I Miss BAMF work from my thunderbolt. Hopefully the community doesn't ruin it this time.

No, I don't mind at all (not really my mod, I just ported it). I am going to work on a 4.1.2 version for cleanrom and international roms if I get a chance.