[Q] worth going to 4.4.2? on .136 now

Search This thread

tommo123

May 28, 2010
Liverpool
is it the roms here that people have issues with or the stock one from sony? i mean if you wiped clean and installed it fresh do people still find it laggy?

Jecmenn

Dec 27, 2012
Prague
is it the roms here that people have issues with or the stock one from sony? i mean if you wiped clean and installed it fresh do people still find it laggy?

Well I bought ZU a week ago and upgraded straight from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 and I have no lags at all. Only huge battery drain but that's only issue i have right now. So by my opinion it's worth to upgarde.

Sadman Khan

Feb 1, 2012
Stock one. I'd suggest using .136 for now

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Unreal988

Aug 25, 2012
yesterday i compared my z ultra (. 136) with one z ultra (. 752 with factory reset)

and my z with jb are noticebly faster in open, closed app and multitasking

Inviato dal mio C6833 con Tapatalk 2

tommo123

May 28, 2010
Liverpool
well, jumped for the GPe version. everything setup fine now it seems. got a new adblock that works on KK, got the new camera app (but now timeshift burst camera doens't work). win some, lose some.

any one know how to get the dpi of the OS as a whole down to sane levels? everythings huge and what i can't see lcd density in the build prop like in ye olde days. app settings only goes so far

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
well, jumped for the GPe version. everything setup fine now it seems. got a new adblock that works on KK, got the new camera app (but now timeshift burst camera doens't work). win some, lose some.

any one know how to get the dpi of the OS as a whole down to sane levels? everythings huge and what i can't see lcd density in the build prop like in ye olde days. app settings only goes so far

I thought that you could set the DPI via build.prop in the GPe ROM? have you tried to just add the line anyway?

Code:
ro.sf.lcd_density=xxx
Stock is 320

tommo123

May 28, 2010
Liverpool
hmm, somethings off then. if use appsettings and change to 320 then everything is smaller and looks nicer.

i haven't tried to add the line - will try tomorrow. never not had it be there previously

thanks Blueether

---
edit, your post in that other thread - the link says the stock density on the GPe rom is 400? (weird!). no wonder it all looks crazy big.

double edit, i'll try it now. driving me nuts
--
worked. sweet :)

Last edited:

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
hmm, somethings off then. if use appsettings and change to 320 then everything is smaller and looks nicer.

i haven't tried to add the line - will try tomorrow. never not had it be there previously

thanks Blueether

---
edit, your post in that other thread - the link says the stock density on the GPe rom is 400? (weird!). no wonder it all looks crazy big.

double edit, i'll try it now. driving me nuts
--
worked. sweet :)

Yes, the GPe DPI is 400. By changing it to 320 from the build.prop you change the DPI system wide. App Settings is for changing the DPI of one app here and another one there, hence the name.

But you got it working, so that's good.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

tommo123

May 28, 2010
Liverpool
i had to add the line for some reason. always been there in previous roms

oddly when browsing the rom zip and viewing the build.prop there it has a line re: lcd density. not sure why i had to add the line