Official Froyo [BETA Firmware, NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON KIES, MUST use ODIN]

Search This thread

scan06disk

May 2, 2010
Brizy
Hi,
What can i do if the download option doesn't work (Vol down+Home+Power), ODIN won't work, please help....

I would like to get me old version back, "I9000DTJG4"...
Also, since i used Kies to update the phone that shouldn't void my warranty right ?? I can resort to sending the phone to Samsung for a proper restore ?? Thanks

Any help highly appreciated !!

Regards,
Scan :)

n1kon

Mar 21, 2006
I have flashed my GT-I9000 with JM1 via Kies, made a data factory reset.

After the boot, I am stuck on error messages like "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly."
I get the same error also for "com.sec.android.app.twlaouncher", "com.sec.android.provider.logsprovider" "com.sec.android.widgetapp.infoalarm"
in a loop.
I can see the desktop background picture but get only this error messages in a loop.

I tried to connect to Kies to see what happens when I run the Firmware upgrade again. But cannot connect to kies.

Is it possible to flash the device to its original firmware ? Does somebody has the same problem before ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I to now get this error with jm1 have no idea why this started to happen im going back to jpc as had no issues at all with it.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
I just checked the /system/build.prop file on this ROM. Interestingly:

dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

wondering if the Samsung here, is my next choice, but to comment on this, the Froyo update should have jit enabled by default, so the defaults you mention here, does not have any effect on speed, if it does, its not really a froyo 2.2 edition i think..

One major part of the froyo 2.2 update, is that jit is now enabled, and gives you the increased performance :)

Pierreken

Oct 11, 2009
I to now get this error with jm1 have no idea why this started to happen im going back to jpc as had no issues at all with it.

I have the exact same problem. After the update in download mode everything reboots but I get nothing but error messages that I can't get rid off.
I can also not reboot in download or recovery mode with adb commands (USB Debugging needs to be enabled first).
Kies is still seeing my phone and I can do the same update again and again but it does the same thing.

Any way to do the update from Kies but with a different firmware?
Odin also sees my phone but it doesn't allow me to update because I don't have access to download and/or recovery mode.

MPM86

Apr 11, 2009
Sydney
I wouldn't use anything other than stock roms if you can't access download or recovery mode. Wait for the official froyo

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Pierreken

Oct 11, 2009
I have the exact same problem. After the update in download mode everything reboots but I get nothing but error messages that I can't get rid off.
I can also not reboot in download or recovery mode with adb commands (USB Debugging needs to be enabled first).
Kies is still seeing my phone and I can do the same update again and again but it does the same thing.

Any way to do the update from Kies but with a different firmware?
Odin also sees my phone but it doesn't allow me to update because I don't have access to download and/or recovery mode.

For those of you who may have had the same issue, I was able to get my device fixed again by using the following reg settings:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Kies\DeviceDB\X]

"SoftwareRevision"="I9000DDJF3/I9000ODDJF3/I9000DDJF3/I9000DDJF3"
"ProductCode"="GT-I9000HKAINU"
"HIDSWVER"="I9000DDJF3/I9000ODDJF3/I9000DDJF3/I9000DDJF3"
"DEVCONINFO"=""

It's for the indian version of the firmware but it worked :)
The feeling of a 'bricked' Samsung Galaxy S i9000 that is back in action.... no words for it... :)

aman11dhanpat

Apr 29, 2009
any idea when will be the official froyo release will be there for India region?

it was somewhere heard that it will be released on 23rd of sept

jony7

May 20, 2010
any idea when will be the official froyo release will be there for India region?

it was somewhere heard that it will be released on 23rd of sept

Yeah....next year:)))) Samsung never keeps promises, the same story was with I8910 Omnia HD, people were waiting for ages, me as well, so finally swapped for diffident brand, not sure if they whenever realised finally update, but I don't think so.

asim_121

Oct 22, 2010
I have ****ed up my phone
read you detail in red very late
now the phone has been rooted, and updated to 2.2, and after I have brought it back to 2.1
I am absolutely unable to unlock the phone. tried all lucks all unlocker in the market
please help if you can or if you know some 1

many thanks

jetpack101

Aug 30, 2010
Dublin
I have ****ed up my phone
read you detail in red very late
now the phone has been rooted, and updated to 2.2, and after I have brought it back to 2.1
I am absolutely unable to unlock the phone. tried all lucks all unlocker in the market
please help if you can or if you know some 1

many thanks

Thats the main reason why I'm waiting for the official update. I don't want to mess with my baby and it stops working.