[04JAN][TMOUS]CMYLXGO's Stripped & Squashed Stock Desire HD[KERNEL:gauner1986][RMNET]

Search This thread

AgeOfPanic

Apr 10, 2010
Could somebody report on the touchscreen freezes in this build. I'm not sure gauner1986 implemented the workaround for this in his kernel.

lonewolf1972

May 29, 2010
Brooklyn Ny
I have no touch screen freezes, also this runs like a real android phone, with 2 ma on standby...wow..Ty again cmylxgo...can't wait for new release!!!!

sent from my NandTopia HD2

Nemesis1278

Jan 26, 2008
The only time my touch screen froze was when I tried to obtain root. Since then I had given up for now on achieving root and then did a task 29. reinstalled magldr and this rom and it has been working flawlessly. I guess I can live without root untill CMYLXGO can get it rooted.

Wickster

Jun 20, 2010
Updates that are needed in the next version:

Fixed root (su)
MDJ's NAND Kernel

I'm not sure about MDJ's Kernels though. Mine always fails to send MMS or if it doesn't fail, I get the blurry MMS problem using MDJ's kernel. It's probably just me but it only happens on his Kernel. :(

xcesivemastub8ah

Apr 11, 2009
so... has anyone actually tried out one of the new kernels that fix the wifi mac address? do they work without messing anything up or would it be best to just wait for cmylxgo to release another awesome build?

so... has anyone actually tried out one of the new kernels that fix the wifi mac address? do they work without messing anything up or would it be best to just wait for cmylxgo to release another awesome build?

No wifi issues here at all. Using the build straight out the box with no modifications what so ever. I don't why some are having the wifi issues

xcesivemastub8ah

Apr 11, 2009
No wifi issues here at all. Using the build straight out the box with no modifications what so ever. I don't why some are having the wifi issues

im assuming your device is the only one with this rom on your network... the issue is when you try multiple devices on the same network with the same mac address. every device on a network should have a diff addss but when these nand builds started popping up a few days ago the issue wasnt resolved yet and the kernels used all had a single MAC address thats implanted on every phone flashed. get it? so if you try , lets say, my phone on your network or vice versa or if we all hang out at the local mcdonalds for some mcribs, the wifi doesnt work.

dung8604

Sep 8, 2010
im assuming your device is the only one with this rom on your network... the issue is when you try multiple devices on the same network with the same mac address. every device on a network should have a diff addss but when these nand builds started popping up a few days ago the issue wasnt resolved yet and the kernels used all had a single MAC address thats implanted on every phone flashed. get it? so if you try , lets say, my phone on your network or vice versa or if we all hang out at the local mcdonalds for some mcribs, the wifi doesnt work.

I was just wondering the same thing. My WiFi MAC address right now is 00:11:22:33:44:55 or something. Is there a fix for NAND yet?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

msejr70

Dec 8, 2010
BlueTopia NAND for not TMOUS?

Would you consider making BlueTopia NAND for us not TMOUS users?

msejr70:)

I

How could changing the channel of your WiFi change the physical MAC of your phone? This was a known problem when Android ROMs first came out. If you use MAC filtering on your router just add 00:11:22:33:44:55 to your MAC table. There should be no.other problems caused by this.

Maybe it's just the way my modem/router is setup. If there is an address issue, all I have to do is go in and change the channel on it and it fixes the issue. I have a DSL wireless modem that also a wireless router which might be why we really don't have address issues

echardcore

Apr 12, 2010
Dirty Jersey
Maybe it's just the way my modem/router is setup. If there is an address issue, all I have to do is go in and change the channel on it and it fixes the issue. I have a DSL wireless modem that also a wireless router which might be why we really don't have address issues

Seems like you are talking about an IP address conflict not a MAC issue.

I should also mention, truckerdewd, that you might be experiencing either 2.4 ghz interference from cordless phones or other WiFi devices or an IP conflict with a neighbor's WiFi router.

Seems like you are talking about an IP address conflict not a MAC issue.

I should also mention, truckerdewd, that you might be experiencing either 2.4 ghz interference from cordless phones or other WiFi devices or an IP conflict with a neighbor's WiFi router.

That would be a problem if we still had a land line but we don't and when we did, the cordless phones were 6.0 ghz. The nearest router to us is 3 blocks away.n The only dsl issues we had where in the phone line itself and knocking modem offline due to some signal issue, but the phone company has since fixed that.

And we do have 2 devices on our network with the same MAC address but like I said, the way our modem/router is setup, we can do that without any issues.

echardcore

Apr 12, 2010
Dirty Jersey
CN
That would be a problem if we still had a land line but we don't and when we did, the cordless phones were 6.0 ghz. The nearest router to us is 3 blocks away.n The only dsl issues we had where in the phone line itself and knocking modem offline due to some signal issue, but the phone company has since fixed that.

And we do have 2 devices on our network with the same MAC address but like I said, the way our modem/router is setup, we can do that without any issues.

Wait how in the bell could you have 2 devices with the same MAC address? If you do start playing the lotto because this is extremely rare.

And phone sets are not using 6.0 Ghz. "DECT 6.0" is not a frequency. Some "DECT 6.0" phones use 5.8, 1.9, and even 2.4ghz.

Genesis3

Feb 17, 2006
market-ticker.org
The Android builds were, originally, all using "fake" MAC addresses - THE SAME ONE!

You don't really think 00:11:22:33:44:55 is correct, right? :)

This problem has apparently come back with the first set of NAND builds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [04JAN][TMOUS]CMYLXGO's Stripped & Squashed Stock Desire HD[KERNEL:gauner1986][RMNET]

-= CMYLXGO's Stripped & Squashed Stock Desire HD ROM =-
    Build v.1.2 [Kernel: gauner1986]
    THIS IS FOR T-MOBILE AND WWE
    http://hotfile.com/dl/94262398/930083a/CMYLXGOs.Desire.HD.NAND.Edition.v1.2n.7z.html

This is a NAND build and will require MAGLDR.

DesireHDNANDwetfloor-SMALL.png

-= ALL T-MOBILE APPS WORK OUT OF THE BOX INCLUDING MMS =-

1. Download MAGLDR 1.11
    2. Download CMYLXGOs.Desire.HD.NAND.Edition.v1.2n.7z from link above and extract
    3. Install MAGLDR. Either put phone in bootloader mode or boot into Windows Mobile. Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe from MAGLDR folder.
    4. Boot Phone and select in the menu "4. USB Flasher"
    5. Run DAF.exe on your computer from my ROM download.
    6. Once flashing is done the phone will reboot.
    7. Phone should boot directly to Android in NAND.

What's Not Working:
    WiFi MAC is fixed to 00:11:22:33:44:55
    Bluetooth MAC is fixed to 50:C3:00:00:00:00
    720p recording

WiFi MAC Address Workaround:
    Must have Android Developer Kit installed

1. adb pull /system/etc/calibartion
    2. open calibration file with wordpad. Not notepad.
    3. change the line that says macaddr=00:11:22:33:44:55 to either your real mac or just increment the last digit
    4. save file and close
    5. adb push calibration /system/etc
    6. reboot phone

You can verify that the mac has changed by going to Settings --> About phone --> Hardware information

Thanks to the DarkForceTeam for making this possible
    Thanks to gauner1986 for the kernel
    Thanks to HTC for the Desire HD base
    Thanks to lesjaw for the nudge in the right direction for cooking
    Thanks to dung8604 for the link to SuperOneClick for root work around
    To Do List...
    - Install a Default Sound Set so Email Alerts work
    - Update taskbar icons to a more generic style to work with my Skin Packs
    - Load BlueTopia, GreenTopia, RedTopia, and YellowTopia Skins
    - Remove other skins - Can be downloaded via HTC Hub
    - Fix Bluetooth MAC issue
    - Fix WiFi MAC issue
    - Update Market
    - Update gMail
    - Update Facebook
    - Added ES File Explorer
    - Add T-Mobile Visual Voicemail
    - Subtle Custom animation and splash screen. Close to stock but lets you know its Pimp'd by CMYLXGO

Change Log...

v1.2
    - Fixed Root

v1.1
    - Added News reader widget
    - Added HTC Location widget
    - Root should be fixed
    - Minor tweak to system files and settings
    - Squashed system files
    - Some other fixes I can't remember

v0.1:
    Initial Release
    To obtain root on build v1.1n please use SuperOneClick v1.5.5

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682

RootAccess-Small-1.png

I just tried it...here is what I do

1. Make sure SD is unmount
    2. open Superclick v1.5.5
    3. select 'unroot', you will see the command line keep going and then keep looping
    saying cannot re-mount the read access....
    4. Ignore that looping message, restart your phone, and kill Superclick
    5. Wait until phone boot up, unmount SD card again
    6. open superclick and select 'root' this time, you just see a popup saying your phone is rooted.
    7. i did the 'shell root' and then 'allow non-market apps' also.
    8. Remount SD card.
    9 Wala....open titaniumbackup and it works....

Hope this work for everyone...

Remeber guys...this is just a base to get the T-Mobile US crowd up and running. I am working on a BlueTopia NAND and will post it shortly...but before I get knee deep into Topiaizing it I want to find a stable base.

The most important feedback I am looking for is related to data drops. I am doing something differnt in this build that I have not done in any of my others. It's not really anything top secret but don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet cause some people may form a bias opinion.

Happy Flashing...and Merry New Year!
    -CMYLXGO
    gosh, this is such a bummer, I still cannot get the USB to read. I click DAF and then it says "waiting for USB connection" and then USB init failed. Any advice? I really really want to try NAND.

I had the same problem all i did was go to active sync and went to connection settings and unchecked "allow usb connection" after that it worked the first time
    hope this helped you:)