broken sound on fuze??

Search This thread

eddyg519

Apr 7, 2007
St Catharines, Ontario
hey guys about a week ago all the sudden the speakers seem to have went on my device. I recently changed roms and i still cant hear anything. I first noticed when I slept in this week because the alarm was going off but no audio LOL

anyone have any tips or experience with this issue? I have a feeling its hardware but if any sort of firmware upgrade or anything will fix it id love to know!

if it is hardware related...anyone have a guide on how to crack this beast open and check the audio wiring out?

nonpaq

Jun 8, 2007
NY
There is a Service Manual for this phone floating around.

Cracking open the case is easy. I just did so to fix the antenna contacts. Unfortunately I broke my speaker cables when reassembling it, so i will need to do this again when my replacement speaker comes in.

Take off the back battery cover and you will see four screws. Using a very small philips screwdriver, remove the four screws, then with a flat plastic probe (or your nails if they are long enough) separate the back case cover from the keyboard, starting from one side, around the top , then the other side. Leave the bottom for last as that has the USB connector holding it together. The speaker is attached to the back case cover near the top, and has a very short cable connecting it to the circuit board. Careful not to pull the back case off too hard or you can snap these thin cables.