[TUTORIAL] Unbrick/Firmware restore | Flash GUIDE | ROM List & REVIEWS [09/11/2012]

Search This thread

feetsonfire

Jan 20, 2011
Chandigarh
[TUTORIAL] Unbrick/Firmware restore | Flash GUIDE | ROM List & REVIEWS [09/11/2012]

FORM CONTENT - 1. Installation tutorial 2. Rom list 3. Unbrick and GOING back to original samsung framework/ Stack rom 4. Reviews and Bugs 5. Snapshorts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. INSTALLING ROMS on Galaxy Ace 5830i updated(28/10/2012) -

[Added after testing them all myself... Feel free to use.:highfive:]
I am not responsible if u dont follow the step and brick your phone...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• # First Backup using CWM
Backup - First thing first, Backing up can be restored later in future in case you want to go back at stack original OS in place of ROM. So, lets begin!
  1. Download cwm ( CWM_temporary without kernel.zip) and place in sd card - (Download)
  2. Switch off the phone.
  3. Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode.
  4. Select "apply update from sdcard"
  5. Choose ClockWorkRec5830i.zip. CWM will load.
  6. Go to "backup and restore" and Select Backup.

# A backup will be created under sdcard/clockworkmod/ on your SD CARD. Plz dont format your sdcard. Backup this folder if u can.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• ## First ROM flash
  1. Download any one of the Rom from below thread and place in SD card-

[*]Download cwm ( CWM_temporary without kernel.zip) and place in sd card - (Download)

[*]Switch off the phone.
    [*]Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode.

[*]Select "apply update from sdcard" ----->and choose ClockWorkRec5830i.zip. CWM will load.

[*]To backup got to "backup and restore" -----> Backup.

[*]Select "wipe data / reset"
    [*]Select "wipe catch partition".

[*]Now Select restart your phone and Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode as you did before.

[*]Again select "apply update from sdcard" and select the rom you want to flash(remember flash via SAMSUNG recovery, cwm may softbrick your phone).

[*]Wait for completion and restart the phone. Phone will work with new rom.

[*]To go back to stack just go to CWM ---> "backup and restore" ----> restore and select restore point.:good:

#For Best Rom see reviews down below :)

#These roms include features that make them better then stack.

#Will be updated with new roms as the appear on internet. See date and time at top.

HOPE this helps...... Thanks for reading. :) :laugh:

• ### Recovery
There are 3 recoveries available right now Stack samsung recovery, Cyanogen(CWM) recovery (link) and RZ Recovery (link).

ON flashing roms stack recovery will be replaced by one of other two recoveries ie. either Cyanogen or RZ. It is recommended to use cyanogen.
If u some how want to Stack recovery. Just use odin and flash original firmware according to tutorial mentioned below.

Whats new (04/11/2015) - :fingers-crossed:
  1. [08/11/2012] Thread Updated

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to click on :D THANKS:good: (see left)
facebook_logo.png

Discussion PAGE

Attachments

• Gtalk_for_Roms_Without_gtalk.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 8,978
Last edited:

feetsonfire

Jan 20, 2011
Chandigarh
ROM LIST (Added after testing)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Latest kernels - (LINK)
###NOTE - If your phone automatically reboots while you are using after flashing roms.... Flash to latest kernel and change frequeency / kernel. It will solve your problem. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Apps -

• Gtalk - (Link)
    [*]Gtalk (use if first doesnt work) - (Link)
    [*]New Clock - (Link)
    [*]FM app - (Link)
    [*]PerfMon - (Link)
    [*]TouchPal (new keyboard) - (Link)
MAIN thread ----------------- > [TUTORIAL] Installation GUIDE | ROM List | Rom review | Unbrick

Attachments

• FmRadio.zip
    570.5 KB · Views: 2,314
  • Gtalk.zip
    796.4 KB · Views: 932
Last edited:

feetsonfire

Jan 20, 2011
Chandigarh
[TUTIRIAL] How tooos? { Error Mounting /data! }

Update whole thread this week. Sorry guys i lost my m :highfive:

3. INFO and Q/A -

• Q: Ace 5830 i/M/C ?
  • As per my search almost every thing is same. They just point to shipping continents. i / M / C. The i is made ​​to Spain and countries in Asia. 's M apparently Chile and some Latin American countries. The C is for Brazil. So, U can flash all the roms and use unbrick tutorial on your phone

• PDA, Phone and CSC.
    • PDA == build version of the firmware
    • Phone == baseband / modem version
    • CSC == consumer software customization and it is specified to geographical region and carriers. CSC contains the software packages specific to that region, carrier branding and also APN settings for data connection, MMS for your service provider. And you can change CSC if you have Multi CSC packages.
    • ####Note –Changing this will factory reset your phone. Do backup before perform this task.

• How to change CSC?
    • Just type *#272*Device IMEI# at Phone dial pad. For IMEI type *#06#.
    • Select the CSC that you want.
    • Click Install.
    • Phone will be rebooted by itself.
    • ####Note –Changing this will factory reset your phone. Do backup before perform this task.
    • ####Note – CSC can sometime be corrupt. It may lead to infinite loop. Reason unkown.

• Q: Flashing any firmware to my phone will erase the network lock?
  • A: NO. The network (or SIM) lock still remain active. By flashing firmware you can't deactivate the lock. It's stored elsewhere.

• Q: Flashing an operator specific firmware will restrict my open phone to that operator's network?
  • A: NO. Your phone still remain open for any SIM. Operator specific builds usually containing "only" bloatwares, wallpapers and/or browser settings, etc...

• Q: Is it possible to update the PDA or MODEM only?
  • A: Yes, You can update any one component independently if you have a good reason for, but remember: recommended to have consistent components

[*]Q: Where is the bootloader tar and pit file when extracted .tar file?
    [*]A: those are not used for a Kies like update. You can find .pit in odin attachment above and bootloader in other S5360i firmware bundles like the one mentioned in unbrick tutorial and use if you really need it, but not necessarily needed for flashing

• Q: Do I need to tick repartition?
  • A: NO! Leave all check-boxes as default!

• Q: Really??? Do not tick repartition?
  • A: REALLY, I told You! Leave it unticked!!! ...And leave bootloader empty as well! COPY THAT?!?!?!

• Q: Kies says "cannot update this firmware" after flashing rom?
  • A: No one gives **** what kies says..... Well kies sks. Odin works well. We dont need kies. My guess is due to change in CSC... !

3. How to Unbrick Ace 5830i / How to use odin -

• Things you need:
    1. Samsung Drivers (link)
    2. Odin with pit.zip (Download)
    3. Firmware package - It is samsung original OS that will be flashed using odin. These firmware are available on sammobile.com (a single file) but they cant be directly flashed using odin. So we have to make them flashable using odin You can get it in two ways:

1. Firmware repacked by me -
        • These are the firmware that have been repacked by me and can be directly flashed using odin.
        • Choose the Country and download the zipped file. Unzip it and watch the unbrick video down below.
        • If firmware for your country is not available use open australia or go to 2 and learn how i created these repacks.

• Open Australia - {S5830IXXLA4_S5830IOXXLA2_ATO Repacked} - [Download] ***PASSWORD = mod2xtreme.com***

• India INS - {S5830i_XXLF3_ODDLF1_DDLF1_INDIA_INS} - [Download]

2. Learn and make your own repack -
        • Providing package for every ace i of different countries is very difficult so you have to do some work.
          [*]Go to "Flashing ORIGINAL Samsung Firmware/ Going back to Stack Rom" down below tutorial to learn how to make a Repacked package yourself just like one i created above.
          [*]Using tutorial "Flashing ORIGINAL Samsung Firmware/ Going back to Stack Rom", 3 files CSC, modem and PDA will be extraced. [*] An additional file Bootloader (link) is requires with other 3. It has been attached below.

[*]So, Simply first watch the "Flashing ORIGINAL Samsung Firmware/ Going back to Stack Rom" tutorial first, get the files and get to this tutorial after that.

[*][Watch Video Tutorial Down below :)]
      [*]###Note - Diver problem - (Link)

[*]

[*]To restore Samsung recover as default recover... follow the above unbrick tutorial. What this means is that u suppose your phone is brick and you want to unbrick... So just follow above tutorial and every thing will be normal as it was :D.

3. Flashing ORIGINAL Samsung Firmware/ Going back to Stack Rom -

I was asked by no of users to provide them original frameworks for their ace i.......Doing so for different frameworks id just impossible for me to upload. So for all those who want to go back to the original framework just follow the tutorial.

By flashing an improper firmware pack you may potentially risk the health of your phone. Do it on your own risk only!
I won't take responsibility of any damage done to your phone.

So, lets begin by things you will need:

• Check Fus Downloader - (LINK) "not working as of 23/12/2012. Download tar file from sammobile.com. Search ur mobile."
  • SplitFUS - (LINK) # Download GUI version.
  • Cygwin - (LINK)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Downloading .tar file for your phone

You can download .tar country framework single file by two ways :

• From http://www.sammobile.com/ directly. Find your country latest file and download.
  • By using Check Fus Downloader - Watch video below

2. Extract files from .tar and flash via odin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discussion PAGE

Last edited:

feetsonfire

Jan 20, 2011
Chandigarh

Possible duplicate of http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1817013, although this thread is more detailed.

Also, please don't post direct links. It would be best to direct the readers to the ROM's thread. If the ROM doesn't have one, it shouldn't be listed since it's not tested.

I am posting all links after testing them.... i havent mentioned this before but i will in just a second..... and in this i have mentioned complete flash guide which other thread didnt... so i dont believe its duplicate...

in some time i will include videos of all roms installed on my ace......

Bert98

Jul 24, 2012
Padova
Moto G
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
INSTALLING ROMS on Galaxy Ace 5830i updated(19/8/2012) (01:30 hours) -

1. Download any one of the Rom and place in SD card-

2. Download cwm (ClockWorkRec5830i.zip) and place in sd card - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1552792

3. Switch off the phone. Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode.

4. Select "apply update from sdcard" ----->and choose ClockWorkRec5830i.zip. CWM will load.

5. To backup got to "backup and restore" -----> Backup.

6. After backup go back and select "wipe data / reset"
7. Select "wipe catch partiton".

8. Now Select restart your phone and Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode as you did before.

9. Again select "apply update from sdcard" and select the rom you want to flash.

10. Wait for completion and restart the phone. Phone will work with new rom.

11. To go back to stack just go to CWM ---> "backup and restore" ----> restore and select restore point.:good:

#The best Rom for now are RazoDroiD v1.0 and Retribution beta 3.5 as far performance is concerned not looks.

#There are bugs in all roms.. All are in beginning phase what else u xpect.

#Will be updated with new roms as the appear on internet. See date and time at top.

Whats new (19/8/2012) - :fingers-crossed:

1. XperiaTized ROM
  2. GingerCream V2 ROM

Photos:

XperiaTized ROM -

539396_4393264399092_2106232138_n.jpg
305076_4393266039133_1109617423_n.jpg
540198_4393267079159_1354415443_n.jpg
264837_4393267839178_1132671645_n.jpg

GingerCream V2[ -

Will be available soon.

Hi. Can i know what's your firmware version?? Mine is XXLF3, does XperiaTized work on it?? Thx :)

Inviato dal mio GT-S5830i con Tapatalk 2

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
I am posting all links after testing them.... i havent mentioned this before but i will in just a second..... and in this i have mentioned complete flash guide which other thread didnt... so i dont believe its duplicate...

in some time i will include videos of all roms installed on my ace......

If a ROM doesn't have its own thread, one can consider it's dead. All updates may or may not be made by the same author -if a company has no building, no address, no phone number, how can you trust it? And if you trust it once, how do you know the next dude who pretends to be from it is genuine?

EDIT: Also refer to post #6. Notice the question? "What's not working?". This is another reason why a ROM must have its thread. If it doesn't, where do all bug reports go? How will it ever get improved? As I've said, it's dead.

EDIT #2: A video? What for? :|

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert98

feetsonfire

Jan 20, 2011
Chandigarh
[TUTORIAL] INSTALLATON GUIDE and ROM updates[19/8/2012][Ace 5830i]

And.. Whats not workin?? Sorry for the many questions :p

All roms are working. all are tested. just folllow the steps.... there are some bugs... like XperiaTized ROM have some setting force close issues... all are in testing phase sooo:rolleyes::rolleyes:. In a day or 2 i will post videos of all roms.... till then u can try

Reactions: jmmeler and Bert98

feetsonfire

Jan 20, 2011
Chandigarh

If a ROM doesn't have its own thread, one can consider it's dead. All updates may or may not be made by the same author -if a company has no building, no address, no phone number, how can you trust it? And if you trust it once, how do you know the next dude who pretends to be from it is genuine?

EDIT: Also refer to post #6. Notice the question? "What's not working?". This is another reason why a ROM must have its thread. If it doesn't, where do all bug reports go? How will it ever get improved? As I've said, it's dead.

EDIT #2: A video? What for? :|

I agree with u... next time i put some link i will try to explain in detail as much i could.. just need some time.

and as for as videos are concerned i said i will put videos of each rom to show that these roms are working on my ace and are tested.

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
I agree with u... next time i put some link i will try to explain in detail as much i could.. just need some time.

and as for as videos are concerned i said i will put videos of each rom to show that these roms are working on my ace and are tested.

Regarding the videos, I don't think it's necessary, but it would be a good addition to get a sneak peak of what's included in the ROM, in action. So go ahead!

feetsonfire

Jan 20, 2011
Chandigarh

Xperiatized rom works very well, love it :) gery good lookin :) only, I cant fint the lockscreen in the screenshot :confused:

Sir i will add lot of details just give me some time and dont forget to say thanks... i am new so just need a few.... will be very helpful:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TUTIRIAL] How tooos? { Error Mounting /data! }

Update whole thread this week. Sorry guys i lost my m :highfive:

3. INFO and Q/A -

• Q: Ace 5830 i/M/C ?
    • As per my search almost every thing is same. They just point to shipping continents. i / M / C. The i is made ​​to Spain and countries in Asia. 's M apparently Chile and some Latin American countries. The C is for Brazil. So, U can flash all the roms and use unbrick tutorial on your phone

• PDA, Phone and CSC.
      • PDA == build version of the firmware
      • Phone == baseband / modem version
      • CSC == consumer software customization and it is specified to geographical region and carriers. CSC contains the software packages specific to that region, carrier branding and also APN settings for data connection, MMS for your service provider. And you can change CSC if you have Multi CSC packages.

• How to change CSC?
      • Just type *#272*Device IMEI# at Phone dial pad. For IMEI type *#06#.
      • Select the CSC that you want.
      • Click Install.
      • Phone will be rebooted by itself.
      • ####Note – CSC can sometime be corrupt. It may lead to infinite loop. Reason unkown.

• Q: Flashing any firmware to my phone will erase the network lock?
    • A: NO. The network (or SIM) lock still remain active. By flashing firmware you can't deactivate the lock. It's stored elsewhere.

• Q: Flashing an operator specific firmware will restrict my open phone to that operator's network?
    • A: NO. Your phone still remain open for any SIM. Operator specific builds usually containing "only" bloatwares, wallpapers and/or browser settings, etc...

• Q: Is it possible to update the PDA or MODEM only?
    • A: Yes, You can update any one component independently if you have a good reason for, but remember: recommended to have consistent components

[*]Q: Where is the bootloader tar and pit file when extracted .tar file?
      [*]A: those are not used for a Kies like update. You can find .pit in odin attachment above and bootloader in other S5360i firmware bundles like the one mentioned in unbrick tutorial and use if you really need it, but not necessarily needed for flashing

• Q: Do I need to tick repartition?
    • A: NO! Leave all check-boxes as default!

• Q: Really??? Do not tick repartition?
    • A: REALLY, I told You! Leave it unticked!!! ...And leave bootloader empty as well! COPY THAT?!?!?!

• Q: Kies says "cannot update this firmware" after flashing rom?
    • A: No one gives **** what kies says..... Well kies sks. Odin works well. We dont need kies. My guess is due to change in CSC... !

3. How to Unbrick Ace 5830i / How to use odin -

• Things you need:
      1. Samsung Drivers (link)
      2. Odin with pit.zip (Download)
      3. Firmware package - It is samsung original OS that will be flashed using odin. These firmware are available on sammobile.com (a single file) but they cant be directly flashed using odin. So we have to make them flashable using odin You can get it in two ways:

1. Firmware repacked by me -
          • These are the firmware that have been repacked by me and can be directly flashed using odin.
          • Choose the Country and download the zipped file. Unzip it and watch the unbrick video down below.
          • If firmware for your country is not available use open australia or go to 2 and learn how i created these repacks.

• Open Australia - {S5830IXXLA4_S5830IOXXLA2_ATO Repacked} - [Download] ***PASSWORD = mod2xtreme.com***

• India INS - {S5830i_XXLF3_ODDLF1_DDLF1_INDIA_INS} - [Download]

2. Learn and make your own repack -
          • Providing package for every ace i of different countries is very difficult so you have to do some work.
            [*]Go to "Flashing ORIGINAL Samsung Firmware/ Going back to Stack Rom" down below tutorial to learn how to make a Repacked package yourself just like one i created above.
            [*]Using tutorial "Flashing ORIGINAL Samsung Firmware/ Going back to Stack Rom", 3 files CSC, modem and PDA will be extraced. [*] An additional file Bootloader (link) is requires with other 3. It has been attached below.

[*]So, Simply first watch the "Flashing ORIGINAL Samsung Firmware/ Going back to Stack Rom" tutorial first, get the files and get to this tutorial after that.

[*][Watch Video Tutorial Down below :)]
        [*]###Note - Diver problem - (Link)

[*]

[*]To restore Samsung recover as default recover... follow the above unbrick tutorial. What this means is that u suppose your phone is brick and you want to unbrick... So just follow above tutorial and every thing will be normal as it was :D.

3. Flashing ORIGINAL Samsung Firmware/ Going back to Stack Rom -

I was asked by no of users to provide them original frameworks for their ace i.......Doing so for different frameworks id just impossible for me to upload. So for all those who want to go back to the original framework just follow the tutorial.

By flashing an improper firmware pack you may potentially risk the health of your phone. Do it on your own risk only!
    I won't take responsibility of any damage done to your phone.

So, lets begin by things you will need:

• Check Fus Downloader - (LINK) "not working as of 23/12/2012. Download tar file from sammobile.com. Search ur mobile."
    • SplitFUS - (LINK) # Download GUI version.
    • Cygwin - (LINK)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Downloading .tar file for your phone

You can download .tar country framework single file by two ways :

• From http://www.sammobile.com/ directly. Find your country latest file and download.
    • By using Check Fus Downloader - Watch video below

2. Extract files from .tar and flash via odin

Discussion PAGE

FORM CONTENT - 1. Installation tutorial 2. Rom list 3. Unbrick and GOING back to original samsung framework/ Stack rom 4. Reviews and Bugs 5. Snapshorts

1. INSTALLING ROMS on Galaxy Ace 5830i updated(28/10/2012) -

[Added after testing them all myself... Feel free to use.:highfive:]
    I am not responsible if u dont follow the step and brick your phone...

• # First Backup using CWM
    Backup - First thing first, Backing up can be restored later in future in case you want to go back at stack original OS in place of ROM. So, lets begin!
    1. Download cwm ( CWM_temporary without kernel.zip) and place in sd card - (Download)
    2. Switch off the phone.
    3. Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode.
    4. Select "apply update from sdcard"
    5. Choose ClockWorkRec5830i.zip. CWM will load.
    6. Go to "backup and restore" and Select Backup.

# A backup will be created under sdcard/clockworkmod/ on your SD CARD. Plz dont format your sdcard. Backup this folder if u can.

• ## First ROM flash
    1. Download any one of the Rom from below thread and place in SD card-

[*]Download cwm ( CWM_temporary without kernel.zip) and place in sd card - (Download)

[*]Switch off the phone.
      [*]Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode.

[*]Select "apply update from sdcard" ----->and choose ClockWorkRec5830i.zip. CWM will load.

[*]To backup got to "backup and restore" -----> Backup.

[*]Select "wipe data / reset"
      [*]Select "wipe catch partition".

[*]Now Select restart your phone and Press sound up + home and power button together to got to Samsung recovery mode as you did before.

[*]Again select "apply update from sdcard" and select the rom you want to flash(remember flash via SAMSUNG recovery, cwm may softbrick your phone).

[*]Wait for completion and restart the phone. Phone will work with new rom.

[*]To go back to stack just go to CWM ---> "backup and restore" ----> restore and select restore point.:good:

#For Best Rom see reviews down below :)

• ### Recovery
    There are 3 recoveries available right now Stack samsung recovery, Cyanogen(CWM) recovery (link) and RZ Recovery (link).

ON flashing roms stack recovery will be replaced by one of other two recoveries ie. either Cyanogen or RZ. It is recommended to use cyanogen.
    If u some how want to Stack recovery. Just use odin and flash original firmware according to tutorial mentioned below.

Whats new (04/11/2015) - :fingers-crossed:
    1. [08/11/2012] Thread Updated

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    facebook_logo.png

Discussion PAGE
    Review and Bugs

Reserved
    ROM LIST (Added after testing)

# Latest kernels - (LINK)
    ###NOTE - If your phone automatically reboots while you are using after flashing roms.... Flash to latest kernel and change frequeency / kernel. It will solve your problem. :)

2. Apps -

• Gtalk - (Link)
      [*]Gtalk (use if first doesnt work) - (Link)
      [*]New Clock - (Link)
      [*]FM app - (Link)
      [*]PerfMon - (Link)
      [*]TouchPal (new keyboard) - (Link)
    MAIN thread ----------------- > [TUTORIAL] Installation GUIDE | ROM List | Rom review | Unbrick
    Snapshorts

Reserved