device status stuck on custom

Search This thread

master4953

Oct 22, 2013
so i corrupted the efs on my SM-N900W8 note 3 but i used a method flashing a efs script reset and the phone booted up perfectly. But for some reason no matter how much i factory reset or flash stock roms i cannot get the phone to go back to offical status.

Please help thanks alot guys.

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Why do you need it to go back to official status may I ask? Do you need to send it back for repair?

As far as I know if you either root, flash custom recovery or kernel it will always stay at custom. In my case, the only time it goes back to official is when I use odin to flash back the rogers stock rom.

Last edited:

master4953

Oct 22, 2013
Why do you need it to go back to official status may I ask? Do you need to send it back for repair?

As far as I know if you either root, flash custom recovery or kernel it will always stay at custom. In my case, the only time it goes back to official is when I use odin to flash back the rogers stock

rom.

I have a buyer who doesn't mind the Knox trip but would like to have it set to official please help.

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Well I bought it from Rogers( which I regret) but it is now on the wind network so which one should I flash ?

It's originally Rogers so I suggest you use Rogers. Unfortunately you will have to download it from sammobile ( unless you can find an alternative ) since the link I use isn't working anymore. Download the MJ4 since it's the latest one from them.

edit: found a live link here.

Last edited:

master4953

Oct 22, 2013
It's originally Rogers so I suggest you use Rogers. Unfortunately you will have to download it from sammobile ( unless you can find an alternative ) since the link I use isn't working anymore. Download the MJ4 since it's the latest one from them.

I hope this works cause I have been flashing wind stock roms all day

master4953

Oct 22, 2013
It will work. The reason you're getting custom despite flashing stock rom from wind is because the phone is originally rogers and if anything other than that is flashed, it will show as custom.

okay but i used to flash wind stock roms all the time and never had this issue but any hoo im downloading the firmware now i will flash it and i will definitely get back to you thank for your help :)